Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: the waiting has begun for the snow to melt at the wolf

So what about the rain? Man it would be nice if it didn't get to wet today.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

A shovel in one hand and an ice cold beer in the other
    I would prefer the wet over the dry dusty anytime,
    Resident Ogden freeride park forum whore

Just got back from Wolf. I found out that they are not offering a season pass this year. I am very disappointed with their decision to not offer season passes. Hopefully they will change their policy soon...

I remember at the end of the year race last year the top prize was a season pass.

So for a newbie to the mecca that is the Wolf, what's the cost of a lift...is it officially open...can I get up there without the lift on a DH rig...etc. Anything else I should know?

I rode it yesterday

The mountain was extremely wet, so they only opened Green Mile. I made one trip down, and decided to bag it for the day...it was just too wet. I was extremely disappointed at the other riders there, too. I followed two young rippers down the mountain, and they skidded their 8" travel DH bikes down the whole mountain. They skidded into every corner...on Green Mile, nonetheless (very mild trail), and blew out every corner...no exceptions. I understand, now, why the trails were so dusty last year. When I mentioned the fact that the trails were extremely slippery and muddy to the other riders at the bottom, most didn't seem to care. I guess the Mountain Dew riders have taken over the Wolf, and I don't think I'll be back. I can have an all day pass at the Basin for the same price as Wolf, and the riders and staff seem to care more about the trails at the Basin, so I'll probably be spending my money there from now on.
    You won't think you're so clever, when you hear thunder underground...

$20 per day, no DH rig required. Any bike will work for most of the trails. I rode my 130 mm hardtail yesterday, and didn't feel over my head...of course, they only had one trail open.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    So for a newbie to the mecca that is the Wolf, what's the cost of a lift...is it officially open...can I get up there without the lift on a DH rig...etc. Anything else I should know?

A shovel in one hand and an ice cold beer in the other
    I was there saturday, the trails were in great shape , I did not have to skid on any corner, most of the guys I was riding with are the older generation of downhillers who ride not slide, we ended up riding my lower trail and it was in great shape, as for snowbasin if i want that much uphill I will ride the shoreline
    Resident Ogden freeride park forum whore

Sounds like the perfect situation...you get what you want at the Wolf, and I get what I want at the Basin. It's cool that we have so much choice so close. You guys enjoy yourselves up there.

Quote Originally Posted by ogdmfg
    I was there saturday, the trails were in great shape , I did not have to skid on any corner, most of the guys I was riding with are the older generation of downhillers who ride not slide, we ended up riding my lower trail and it was in great shape, as for snowbasin if i want that much uphill I will ride the shoreline