Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peak Baggin' with Courtney, Bo & Jeff - Near Bridge Mtn

Bogley BigShot

Peak Baggin' with Courtney, Bo & Jeff - Near Bridge Mtn

What a long and great hike we did yesterday. This peak is that HUGE one, next to Bridge Mountain that you can see when driving in from the south side of Zion. Think Bridge Mountain and add some ups and downs.... People who came on the hike but do not post here were DB - AWESOME Lady and James --- who is brave enough to want to do a Courtney hike weekly and had no issues with swimming in the Subway right now without a wetsuit!

Pictures....
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot

What a fun group. I loved seeing Jeff again! Last time I saw him, when he hiked across Zion in a day with Bo, he was moving so fast I hardly got to see him.

Bogley BigShot

Three of my favorite hiking buddies.. Bo, DB and CP (Courtney)! You all know Bo is awesome, but DB and CP are too!

Map of sundays 04-06-08 hike

Thought I'd show everyone where our scramble and ramble took us!

Quote Originally Posted by tanya

Two of my favorite hiking buddies.. Bo and DB! You all know Bo is awesome, but DB is too!
    Imagine the potential if Courtney and DB would break down and get some real hiking shoes!

It definately was an awesome hike with some really great, fun lovin' folks!
    Thanks to all, and especially to you Tanya and the patience you have to stop and smell the roses! Beautiful photography as usual! We kept a fast pace 0 PPH (photos per hour) on the first leg of the journey and dropped off to a pleasant 200 PPH rate on the second leg!

Bogley BigShot
    The Peak Bagger! Ram... eerrrr... Courtney

From the looks of his attire he has bagged a lot of peaks too

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    congrats on another peak. Great shots as always.

Great TR, as usual. I thought that might have been your LR at the overlooks lot. We came thru about 6 or so.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Bogley BigShot
    More Courtney Attire... and Jeff demonstrates why to never wear shorts on a Bo or Courtney hike.

For a day with so many highlights, it's hard to pick out my favorite point in the day...but finding the ram head definitely ranks up there. I love stuff like that.

A great day out. Shane, you shoulda been there. Good times.

Re: ****

Quote Originally Posted by cp0915
    For a day with so many highlights, it's hard to pick out my favorite point in the day...but finding the ram head definitely ranks up there. I love stuff like that.

I wish I could've been there! Great photos Tanya, thanks for posting those. That looks like a super hike.

I'm with you Courtney, on finding stuff like that rams head...
    I love stuff like that!
    Thanks for the route map too Bo!

The Panamints were awesome too, but we didn't make Sentinal peak! Not enough motivation (on my part). I picked up some kind of bug last week, and was feeling under the weather. We had about 6000' of elevation gain as it was, and it nearly did me in!
    We backpacked into Panimint city, and then onto the saddle, which overlooks Death Valley! It was soooo beautiful there, and there was so much water! Every spring was flowing and there's so many surprisingly green riparian sections in that canyon!
    Last time I'd done this hike was about 10 years ago ~ and I'd forgotten how pretty it is.

Lookin at the topo yesterday - and recalling Rick Kent's adventure - I can hardly believe it! Are you sure he's not pulling your leg Courtney? If he really did all those peaks in a day then

I'm happy you all had such a great time.
    Hope I can join you before too long.

~Randi
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

Randi,

I'm sorry you didn't make it...and no, Rick's not pulling my leg. I've been on similar (though not nearly that intense) death marches with Rick. He's the real deal. Makes me look like a complete poser, which of course, I am.

CP

Tell Courtney that the 60's called and they want their shirt back.

Looks like a great day.

Randi,

I'm sorry you didn't make it...and no, Rick's not pulling my leg. I've been on similar (though not nearly that intense) death marches with Rick. He's the real deal. Makes me look like a complete poser, which of course, I am.

CP
    YOU a poser? You're as much a poser as I am an orienteer! You just be the modest and humble type CP.
    You guys (you and Rick are quite amazing).
    I just hope that I don't have to run to keep up with you when we do a peak together!

I HATE running!

Quote Originally Posted by Shane
    That's FUNNY!

I like that shirt!
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

Very cool photos. I like that pink shirt tanya. That shirt against the redrock makes a cool contrast. Now that I have a baby girl at home, I have to start appreciating that color.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe

Looks like a great day.

Yikes! Glad I didn't bust out my tye-dye neck sunshade. That'll be coming out in early May!

Het!!!! what happend to what was my favorite pink top picture....

Yeah.... I'm a perv...

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Het!!!! what happend to what was my favorite pink top picture....

Yeah.... I'm a perv...

Shhhhh..... you are thinking of the picture I sent to your mailbox

Last edited by tanya on Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:06 am; edited 2 times in total
    Yeah... right....my mailbox is empty

I need to remember when the ladezz of Bogley post a hot picture (or leave their pictures unlocked) I need to press the download button.....

Quote Originally Posted by Randi

I wish I could've been there! Great photos Tanya, thanks for posting those. That looks like a super hike.

I'm with you Courtney, on finding stuff like that rams head...
    I love stuff like that!
    Thanks for the route map too Bo!

The Panamints were awesome too, but we didn't make Sentinal peak! Not enough motivation (on my part). I picked up some kind of bug last week, and was feeling under the weather. We had about 6000' of elevation gain as it was, and it nearly did me in!
    We backpacked into Panimint city, and then onto the saddle, which overlooks Death Valley! It was soooo beautiful there, and there was so much water! Every spring was flowing and there's so many surprisingly green riparian sections in that canyon!
    Last time I'd done this hike was about 10 years ago ~ and I'd forgotten how pretty it is.

Lookin at the topo yesterday - and recalling Rick Kent's adventure - I can hardly believe it! Are you sure he's not pulling your leg Courtney? If he really did all those peaks in a day then

I'm happy you all had such a great time.
    Hope I can join you before too long.

~Randi
    It was a truely fun day Randi! I'm sure you'd have had a great time with our motley crew! I posted a map, but can't give further details in anticipation of Courtneys soon to be released Zion Peakbagging Book!