Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charlton Heston Dies

There's a very fine documentary that just ran on the History Channel about Dr. King, and Charlton Heston was mentioned for his involvement with the Civil Rights Movement. That, to me, was his defining moment in the public arena. God love him for standing up with Dr. King.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yeah, what gets me is one of the LA papers mentioned that after this happened Charlton Heston's leanings turned to the right. Huh? Wasn't it the southern democrats (Sen. Byrd and others) that were absolutely against ML King and his positions? Anyway, you are right, what a gutsy move and position he took knowing it could affect his stance in Hollywood. The more I learn about him the more I admire him.
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve
    Wasn't it the southern democrats (Sen. Byrd and others) that were absolutely against ML King and his positions?
    It was more the "Dixiecrats," the right-leaning faction of the Democratic Party as well as Republicans. Conservatives in general.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Have to first say I agree with all the great things people said about chuck, but was I the only one that heard the news he had died and instantly though "I guess they can take that gun away from him now" ?

Keep in mind, I am into guns! always have been, but the first thing that popped into my head wasn't that sad, or he was still alive? or my childhood when planet of the apes was fresh and new, it was just that now he would give up his gun.
    Maybe I'm a shittier person than I realized? Or was I not alone on this?