Thread: Sort of? Throw it in the rubbish bin if it sways!

Sort of? Throw it in the rubbish bin if it sways!

I got restless today after mudding and taping my sheetrock. I headed up to the Left Fork of North Creek trailhead and walked up to the "Subway". A very nice day. The water was higher, but not very high. I spoke with hikers that had done Das Boot and they said that it was flowing. I also talked to a solo hiker from Wash. D.C. that didthe std route subway. He only had wetsuit bottoms and froze his buns! Here are a couple photos I took from today.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I love that hike. Water doesn't look as clear this time of year since it's "flowing".

Quick question though. I've heard "rumors" that you don't need a permit if you hike from the bottom up to the subway and back again. I "heard" you only need a permit if you go from the top to the bottom. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Bogley BigShot
    Beautiful photos Bo... nice pick up with James in there.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by deathcricket
    I love that hike. Water doesn't look as clear this time of year since it's "flowing".

Quick question though. I've heard "rumors" that you don't need a permit if you hike from the bottom up to the subway and back again. I "heard" you only need a permit if you go from the top to the bottom. Can anyone shed some light on this?
    Yes, you do need a permit without a doubt!!!!

Nice. Nothing like sitting at your computer with the snow falling outside your window and viewing photos of places you'd rather be. Thanks.

Re: Sort of? Throw it in the rubbish bin if it sways!

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck
    I got restless today after mudding and taping my sheetrock. I headed up to the Left Fork of North Creek trailhead and walked up to the "Subway". A very nice day. The water was higher, but not very high. I spoke with hikers that had done Das Boot and they said that it was flowing. I also talked to a solo hiker from Wash. D.C. that didthe std route subway. He only had wetsuit bottoms and froze his buns! Here are a couple photos I took from today.
    GREAT photos! Thanks.
    I can't believe I've yet to do do the subway!
    I have done Das Boot however!
    How can one do Das Boot and not the Subway you might ask?
    I've asked that question myself numerous times...... and I still don't have the answer!
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

Cool pics bo. It looks like the whole thing is filled in with tons of sand. Or is it just me?

Re: Sort of? Throw it in the rubbish bin if it sways!

Quote Originally Posted by Randi
    How can one do Das Boot and not the Subway you might ask?
    I've asked that question myself numerous times...... and I still don't have the answer!
    Das Boot without the Subway is kinda like getting married and skipping the honeymoon.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Cool pics bo. It looks like the whole thing is filled in with tons of sand. Or is it just me?
    Those final pools tend to fill in with each flood, including the one just concluded, then the sand works its way out over a couple of months.

One great thing about the Subway is that the water is spring fed. So this time of year, the first couple pools are really cold, then once you get to the springs, the water is noticeably warmer.

Tom