Thread: Vernal Rides..........

Vernal Rides..........

Thought everyone might enjoy this little video on the riding in the Vernal area. ice little soundtrack from the Greatful Dead and a tribute to Jerry Garcia at the end. I caution you it is LONG........really long but worth it......enjoy http://utahsingletrack.com/video.aspx

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

man that makes me want to go riding bad.

Too bad I have 4 inches of snow on my front lawn

I havent even dared go up the canyon

Nice video! I need to start bringing some watermelon with me to leave in the truck cooler or nearby stream. That looked like it would be so refreshing after a ride.

When I was in high school, The Dead was were it was at. I had long hair, a 1963 VW 12 window micro-bus, and the pleasure of seeing 4 or 5 shows. Now I have short hair, responsibility, and a bit of nostalgia.

Seeing videos like that this time of year is like seeing a Warren Miller film in the early fall. I can't wait to get out and ride. I bought an Intense 6.6 frame and a Fox Talas RC2 fork a few of months ago and have yet to add anything to it. It will be a truly happy day when I get that thing built and on the trail.

Since i didn't move here until November i've only had the opportunity to ride one trail so far, "can you moo". staring out it was kind of sucking because it was really sandyfor the first little bit but once you get past that part it turned hard packed with a few loose spots here and there, nothing major. But the ride back was well worth itnice smooth and fast. It had a really good vibe to it.

When they say singletrack though they mean "singletrack", you don't want to venture to far off to either side. All in all excellent trail, can't wait to try out the others

P.S. I emailed the site owners to find out where Weyman creek and the flume are and they emailed me back the next day. Weyman creek is on the north side of the Uintahs, starts at browne lake, by the ute fire tower and the flume is up dry fork canyon.

We need a current map of trails...and I wont have time to get down there to get one for a month or so. I've ridden the 'moos' from the highway to the top of upper moo and back but its been years SO,

so i dont remember the name of the bike shop in vernal, but a year ago i was in town for vacation and was planning on doing some riding. they would not tell us where the trail heads were with out buying the book, some b!t@# wouldnt even let us look at the book on the counter unless we bought it...

Click on the link at on the very first post and you can get them from there. there are printable maps and they even downloaded the trailheads to google earth, so it should have everything you need..........

jim

Quote Originally Posted by jinx
    so i dont remember the name of the bike shop in vernal, but a year ago i was in town for vacation and was planning on doing some riding. they would not tell us where the trail heads were with out buying the book, some b!t@# wouldnt even let us look at the book on the counter unless we bought it...
    Contact Altitude Cycles - Troy is the guy. I have an old 'original trail book but I know theres an updated version.

Well I made it through half of the video again...yes, LONG one but at least I know where Weyman Trail is....I camp up there every year down in Deep Creek below the Ute tower area, which is where I get my firewood permits for. Awesome area to ride! Although to be honest, I had my dirtbike up there last time & didnt ride my mtb on it.

I'm seriously thinking of heading out that way this spring. Bike one day and fly fish the Green below the dam the other day.
    Are we there yet?