Thread: Capital Reef

Capital Reef

Wow, I havent posted pictures in ages! Well, I feel inspired by one of my favorite places: Capital Reef. My sister and I did a very quick getaway last week to get some sun and do a little hiking. We only had a day and a half, so it was an "easy" trip. We hiked the Fremont River trail from the campground, up high to overlook the park from the west, it was 73 degrees that day! Felt soooooooooooooo good! The second day we hiked Cohab canyon to the Frying Pan trail to Cassidy Arch and down the Cassidy Arch trail where we hitched a ride back to camp. The last time I did this we hiked back Frying Pan, but Kathy and I wanted to get down and view the arch from below. It is such a beautiful hike, Cohab Canyon is through a particularly beautiful wash, then Frying Pan takes you up high. Enjoy some pics!
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Capital Reef

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    Wow, I havent posted pictures in ages! Well, I feel inspired by one of my favorite places: Capital Reef. My sister and I did a very quick getaway last week to get some sun and do a little hiking. We only had a day and a half, so it was an "easy" trip. We hiked the Fremont River trail from the campground, up high to overlook the park from the west, it was 73 degrees that day! Felt soooooooooooooo good! The second day we hiked Cohab canyon to the Frying Pan trail to Cassidy Arch and down the Cassidy Arch trail where we hitched a ride back to camp. The last time I did this we hiked back Frying Pan, but Kathy and I wanted to get down and view the arch from below. It is such a beautiful hike, Cohab Canyon is through a particularly beautiful wash, then Frying Pan takes you up high. Enjoy some pics!
    Great photos and looks like a beautiful place! I lead an isolated life I guess, but someday hope to visit such an awesome area! Thanks for showing and sharing!

Re: Capital Reef

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    Wow, I havent posted pictures in ages!
    Yes, it has been too long Tree. Very cool report, looks like an awesome trip with awesome weather and company.

That picture on Cassidy Arch is way cool. Sorry I missed this post earlier.

good pictures, looks like it's really a good time to go to southern Utah now..
    wanna explore Utah with people who also like outdoors...

I'm going down to Capital Reef this weekend with my entire family. That is what made me search for this post. Outside of the orchard I don't usually have huge feeling for Capital Reef, but I'm getting excited.

Nice TR and pix, Karen. I think most of us who have been there consider it a "favorite place".
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Except isn't it "Capitol Reef"? And a school teacher, no less!

Excellent photos, Tree! I hiked up to Cassidy Arch last year, from the Grand Wash side - beautiful spot!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    Except isn't it "Capitol Reef"? And a school teacher, no less!
    Touche!
    "All roads, all codes!"