Thread: Hiking info

Hiking info

I am trying to find a book that is no longer in print. The name of this book is "St. George Serendipity". It is a book of local hikes in Washington county. A coworker let me copy a couple of the pages, but I would like a copy of my own. Anybody have one they would like to sell or make a copy of for me, or know any place that still has a copy for sell?
    shoot straight, cast far, and hike all day.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot

Re: Hiking info

Quote Originally Posted by COUNTRYBOY
    I am trying to find a book that is no longer in print. The name of this book is "St. George Serendipity". It is a book of local hikes in Washington county. A coworker let me copy a couple of the pages, but I would like a copy of my own. Anybody have one they would like to sell or make a copy of for me, or know any place that still has a copy for sell?

Email Bo Beck and ask. He runs the Outdoor Outlet where they have a lot of local books. If any ones knows he would.

Re: Hiking info

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Quote Originally Posted by COUNTRYBOY

Email Bo Beck and ask. He runs the Outdoor Outlet where they have a lot of local books. If any ones knows he would.
    The book was written by Karl Wegkamp. He I think still works for Green Valley Spa locally. I used to carry his book in the store. One day I got a call from Kristen of Snow Canyon State Park and she asked if I sold the book? I told her I did and that Karl is an acquaintence. She explained that more than half of the routes he described in the book for Snow Canyon were off limits and illegal. I called Karl to give him a "heads-up" that Kristen would probably be contacting him. He explained that he just didn't think it was worth re-writing the book and that he wouldn't be re-printing it. You might look up his name in dexknows and see if maybe he has a loose copy or two. I wish you luck?

Thanks for info. Maybe I will try to contact him directly.
    shoot straight, cast far, and hike all day.