Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is this STUFF!?!?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

60 here on Tuesday

5 inches this morning, had to pull out my snow blower this morning

I feel for ya.

Wasn't March supposed to go out like a lamb? It came in like a lion.

Is it just me, or is this the Loooooooooooongest winter ever! I wish we'd get some of that global warming everyone keeps talking about!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Wasn't March supposed to go out like a lamb? It came in like a lion.

Is it just me, or is this the Loooooooooooongest winter ever! I wish we'd get some of that global warming everyone keeps talking about!
    LOL ya Justin, I was listening to NPR this morning and they were saying that global temps of Utah have increased by 2 degrees. I was thinking to myself, I sure wish that was the case, as I was shoveling 5 inches of snow at the END OF THE MARCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    I was listening to NPR this morning and they were saying that global temps of Utah have increased by 2 degrees.

And when we get this HUGE runoff this spring & summer, and our lakes & rivers are full, they'll say it's because the surrounding permanent snowpacks are gone because of global warming.

"Utah's rivers & lakes are extremely full this year due to the snow melting more than ever - Global Warming"

OR

Maybe we got more snow this winter. Could be the case?

At the same time, I am happy to see the white snow. In May along I got 3 rafting trips scheduled, possibly 4, so ya I am happy! Will be one hell of a season!

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I was listening to NPR this morning and they were saying that global temps of Utah have increased by 2 degrees.

And when we get this HUGE runoff this spring & summer, and our lakes & rivers are full, they'll say it's because the surrounding permanent snowpacks are gone because of global warming.

"Utah's rivers & lakes are extremely full this year due to the snow melting more than ever - Global Warming"

OR

Maybe we got more snow this winter. Could be the case?
    Actually, global warming started here in Utah back in 1983. I was only 8 years old at the time but I remember the sand bag rivers and the Saltair (spelling?) being under water. I'm sure it had absolutely nothing to do with the snow pack that year either. The real mystery is how in the hell did all of this snow fall on the great state of Utah without being stopped by NPR, ur, uh... global warming?
    Remember back in 2004 when global warming hit Indonesia in the form of a tsunami? They tried to blame it on an "off-shore earth quake" but me and Al Gore know the truth. Who are you going to believe, common sense or a Nobel Peace Prize winning ex-vice president that lost the presidential bid to George Bush (the stupid one, not his father)?

Increased 2 degrees in how much time? I seriously doubt it. 2 degrees is a LOT of climate change! Unless you're talking about the difference between 5:00am and 8:00am on any average day.

Sounds like NPR to quote huge alarming numbers without backing it up with any facts or data. "Ya, uh....the sky is falling....just take our word for it. Don't question us. We encourage critical thinking ONLY if it supports our cause."

I thought they said per year. I wasn't really paying attention, it was yacking in the background as I was trying to avoid slide offs on the freeway, which were caused by global warming of course

You know, just about every summer there is a week of 100+ degree temps. Everybody says "Hell, what's going on? This is strange!" Every freakin summer...

That's when you talk about global warming, not when there's F*&kin black ice on the road.

And it is melting again at my house. . .

Who listens to NPR?

Words cannot describe how much winter sucks right now! Just when you think it's gonna warm up a bit...that means almost to freezing here right rockgremlin?...the damn wind picks up and places you on the east side of the state! AAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!!
    ...Sorry, no pics...too damn cold

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Words cannot describe how much winter sucks right now! Just when you think it's gonna warm up a bit...that means almost to freezing here right rockgremlin?...the damn wind picks up and places you on the east side of the state! AAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!!
    ...Sorry, no pics...too damn cold

Yeah, what's worse is when it snows overnight, and I-80 is all iced over for the morning commute. Wyoming's approach to dealing with ice on the interstate: Salt? What's that? We just let it melt on it's own 'round these parts!

8:15 AM today. . .
    Attached Images Attached Images