View Poll Results: When/where can you ride?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wednesday SLC

2 11.76%
  • Tuesday SLC

6 35.29%
  • Tuesday Ogden

4 23.53%
  • Wednesday Ogden

2 11.76%
  • Anytime, anywhere

3 17.65%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **WEEKLY GROUP RIDES**

**WEEKLY GROUP RIDES**

I keep looking up in them thar hills and the snow seems to be melting. I'd say it's time to start testing the trails.

Here's what we've done in the past; Tuesday nights after work.

We usually have a Salt Lake area group, and then an Ogden area group. Sometimes we all meet together somewhere in the middle for Mueller Park or something.

Let's get 'em going!

For the Ogden area, I'm thinking the Shoreline trail will be the most dry first. We usually start at 22nd street and go somewhere above 48th then turn back. We probably only get to Waterfall Canyon though this early.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ask lefty lover, I know he's been up on the trail a few times already this year. I think it should be getting close enough to hit it.

What nights work best for everyone this year? I am pretty open, other than Thursdays. Maybe we shoiuld have a poll on what nights is best?

Wasatch Crest First !!!!
    Just kidding... bobsled might be dry soon?

Im in as always
    Ouch my freaking ears....

Don't understand my avatar? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQzIg0CPW5Q

Quote Originally Posted by shagster
    Maybe we shoiuld have a poll on what nights is best?
    Good call.

I'd like to join in on some of the SL rides. Not sure how often I'll be able to make it to the Ogden rides although I'd like to. Come join me again for an American Fork Canyon ride also this year.
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve
    Come join me again for an American Fork Canyon ride also this year.
    Defiinitely! That was a good ride.

The bobsled is in a canyon where it catches a lot of run off from the side hills. It will be muddy for several weeks. The shoreline trail seems to get a lot of run off as well even though there is no snow around it.

In!

Fourtycal, Ride On, Punch King and company are always in too. We do the Tuesday thang. Mtnbiker said Draper/corner canyon was looking good the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    In!

Fourtycal, Ride On, Punch King and company are always in too. We do the Tuesday thang. Mtnbiker said Draper/corner canyon was looking good the other day.
    Definitely IN also! I ride wherever as you know, although I think the local group ride here will be thursdays still...so any day but thursday

Looks like Tuesdays are pulling ahead for both areas. This is good when we all want to meet up in the same location too.

Let's just keep it Tuesdays then. I'm going to start scouting out the shoreline trail, maybe I'll take a drive up there tomorrow.

I was up at the shoreling and it is still snowcovered and icy in the canyon areas. I do have a new trail in riverdale that is good to go that is fun and I could take some people on. I am ready to ride.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    I do have a new trail in riverdale that is good to go that is fun and I could take some people on. I am ready to ride.
    Sounds great. Let's do it.

I'm really going to miss those rides. Wasatch Crest will be missed the most.

I do have a new trail in riverdale that is good to go that is fun and I could take some people on.
    Hey, so where is this riverdale trail?

Yah, we could put together a fun little loop in Draper. It's a bit far south for some of you, but Lambert Park in Alpine is also good to go and a ton of fun for spring riding!

Me and Ride-on discuss this every day, so far it has been the Jordan parkway and Guthrie skatepark There were a few out riding 5 mile the last couple of weekends, we passed them on our dirtbikes and for a second I wished I was pedaling then I twisted the throttle and, well..

If anyone hears of a clear trail let us know and we'll get it on a Tuesday

I was up at the shoreling and it is still snowcovered and icy in the canyon areas. I do have a new trail in riverdale that is good to go that is fun and I could take some people on. I am ready to ride.
    The Shoreline has been nice and dry over here on the north side of 12th.
    I've been doing short little rides the last 2 weeks from the Jump-Off trailhead across from St James.
    It's covered in snow today, but maybe by the end of the week it will be dry again.
    I used to be concerned about my apathy, but now I don't care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer
    The Shoreline has been nice and dry over here on the north side of 12th.
    I've been doing short little rides the last 2 weeks from the Jump-Off trailhead across from St James.
    It's covered in snow today, but maybe by the end of the week it will be dry again.
    Is that section still covered in stickers & thorns? I'd give that a try, but I HATE HATE HATE flat tires.

North of 12th isn't too bad as far as goatheads go. I've been collecting them in my tires and taking them home, so just stay on the trails that I've cleaned up and have fresh Stan's. On the latest rides I've only been collecting one per tire.

The Hislop trailhead is notorious for having great gobs of goatheads. Enough to even defeat Stan's. Avoid that area (marked on the Google Earth attachment) at all costs. Other than that area, I routinely ride these trails without a problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Ponce
    North of 12th isn't too bad as far as goatheads go. I've been collecting them in my tires and taking them home, so just stay on the trails that I've cleaned up and have fresh Stan's. On the latest rides I've only been collecting one per tire.

The Hislop trailhead is notorious for having great gobs of goatheads. Enough to even defeat Stan's. Avoid that area (marked on the Google Earth attachment) at all costs. Other than that area, I routinely ride these trails without a problem.
    Yeah I will never ride that side of 12th again most people in the bike shops named it "little Canada" it will be dry almost year around but unless you are running tirestrips, stans, slime the goatheads will eventually get you. I like the trail but just not worth the crap of messing with flats.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.