Thread: Mount Sopris Colorado

Mount Sopris Colorado

I know most of this forum is located in Utah (JEALOUS).
    Attached Images Attached Images          

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    Looks like fun and very pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Looks like fun and very pretty!
    Thanks! It was a tough one b/c I was on about 2 hours of sleep. Kicked my bootie! More, more! I can't wait for summer.

Great TR. Gotta love the peak-bagging!
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

love mt. sopris. i lived in bonedale in the mid 70's. went to cmc. did the summit in all seasons. spent the night on top in winter, and had a close call with st. elmo's fire there. one of the most photogenic views is coming out of glenwood and seeing it in the middle of the valley.

great pics. thanks!
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Re: Mount Sopris Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    I know most of this forum is located in Utah (JEALOUS). But being in Colorado, this is what I do most because it's close and convenient.

:

I hope you guys like.
    lovely ... thanks for sharing

and you're welcome to share your neighborhood anytime on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide
    love mt. sopris. i lived in bonedale in the mid 70's. went to cmc. did the summit in all seasons. spent the night on top in winter, and had a close call with st. elmo's fire there. one of the most photogenic views is coming out of glenwood and seeing it in the middle of the valley.

great pics. thanks!
    CMC!! WOW! HAHA......it's still here. I didn't realize it was around in the 70's. I love Bonedale and Glenny. You should see Basalt! MINI-ASPEN. I couldn't live in a better place.
    BTW:
    Valley View Hospital got an award for one of the top 10 hospitals for their level of care and professionalism last year. ;) We are growing!

I don't quite have the skills to do Sopris in the Winter so I admire that you did that. I have friends that do.....skin up and ski down. I have no idea where you'd sleep up top. It's so dang windy.

Thanks you guys for viewing and your awesome comments. Anytime you guys want to get away from the red sand and want to explore Colorful Colorado....lemme know. I love having company!

Awesome Pics. I come out that way every month on my Gumball run. Sopris is beautiful I never get tired of that view.
    See you on the Trail

Very cool TR. The top of that peak looks similar to the tallest peak here in Utah, Kings Peak - 13,528.

Thanks for the good TR. Sopris is a beautiful mountain. I love CO and go there as often as possible. As far as the mountains go, I do those you can drive near the peak. Mt Evans is one of my favorites, but the San Juans are special.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Very nice TR. Looks like a fun area. I wish I would have spent more time camping as a kid, now I have a ton of catching up to do at all the cool places near me.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    wait wut?
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    wait wut?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    Very nice TR. Looks like a fun area. I wish I would have spent more time camping as a kid, now I have a ton of catching up to do at all the cool places near me.

wait wut?
    I try my hardest to get my kids outdoors also. I took my kids this past Christmas to Costa Rica for a 2 week surf trip. HAD A BLAST!!!! But since we can't do that all the time, the mountains will do. HEHE!!! It's time to get the bikes back on the trails next. Thanks for the compliment.

As far as the 1 goes........I had a big question mark above my head as well. Wierd.

Thank you for the TR, it's nice to see other places not in our neighborhood.