Thread: HAPPY EASTER!!!!

HAPPY EASTER!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hey you too bud! I already found all the easter eggs I planted for my kid last night. It was a tough race this morning, but I think I won!

OK, here's a question I've pondered, along with my sister and other friends: It would appear that Mormons dont acknowledge Good Friday, is that true, and if so, why not? I thought all Christian religions acknowledge the death of Christ (Good Friday) then the ressurection (Easter). Back home (MI) we always got Good Friday off of school and many businesses were closed as well. Not any kind of Mormon slam here (feel like I have to make that disclaimer!), I'm just genuinely interested to know. Thanks.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Love the photo, JP. How many passes did you make before finally nailing the meddlesome sucker? BTW, I don't even like boiled eggs.

I have often wondered why Christians refer to the day of the crucifixion as "Good" Friday. Why not "Bad" Friday?
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

I'll take a shot at Treehuggers question. The LDS religion is centered around Christ and the resurrection. We celebrate the fact that he overcame death and was truley resurrected. Good Friday, to me, focuses on his death. Same reason you don't see Mormons wearing crosses methinks. They signify/symbolized his death. Well his death wasn't the important part of his mission, his overcoming death and taking upon him the sins of the world was the pinnacle. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    How many passes did you make before finally nailing the meddlesome sucker?

day of the crucifixion as "Good" Friday. Why not "Bad" Friday?
    Hey, I found him that way

Why do you park in a driveway and drive on a parkway Why when in baseball, the ball hit's the foul pole, it's fair? Why when two planes nearly collide it's called a near miss? If you nearly missed something, you hit it I have no idea, I guess the Bible isn't free of these confusing terms either.

Good answer.
    Stan

happy easter
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

The name Good Friday is (as is the word "Good" itself) derived from the word God. It was originally God's Friday.

Actually, "good" and "god" share a proto-indoeuropean root, so "good" doesn't exactly come from "god" - they just share a root.

Mmmm, I love etymology.

Mormons recognize Good Friday. You'll also notice that most Christian religions display a cross in the church, where LDS do not. That was a tradition started by the Roman Catholics around 400 AD.

The LDS church tends to recognize the resurrection more than the actual death.

Thanks, you guys, that helps. My sister and I got into the conversation because she asked her students what they were doing for Good Friday and Easter and none of them knew what Good Friday was! I appreciate the clarification and insight.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    Mmmm, I love etymology.
    I do, too, but Italian food gives me heartburn.
    Stan

Nice pic Denaliguide

Re: HAPPY EASTER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JP

I've seen this pic for years now, but it always makes me laugh

Yea, that ones easily scrounged up I laugh at that and the Free Cat one