Thread: What to do in Moab when you don't have a jeep and five kids

What to do in Moab when you don't have a jeep and five kids

Me and the fam just returned from a little hike around the Devil's Garden Primitive Loop (with all spur trails except Dark Angel.) The whole crew made it the whole 7.6 miles and really enjoyed it. Even the 4 year old walked the whole way without a problem - I'm pretty proud of her. Moab was hopping and the weather was perfect for hiking. I'm hoping someone will post some safari pics.

After the hike, we hit Wendy's pretty hard - to the tune of $50. For once we didn't have to urge everyone to eat all their food.

Here's a couple pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    The gostak distims the doshes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Great little TR, thanks man! That's awesome to get the whole family out into the wild! That's great you guys made the whole hike....but dude, 3 photos??? 7.6 should = 3 HUNDRED photos. Where is your bogley attitude!

Ok, Ok I was trying to show a little restraint. Also I didn't have that many great shots. But since you asked....
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    The gostak distims the doshes.

Gotta love the pics... dont be afraid to show them off!
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Great shots and composition! Thanks. Ya man, you have been here long enough, you know we are all about the pics

Is that the top loop of Arches that you did?

I took my son on that hike last year. It was the first week of May, and pretty dang hot. Still, one of my favourite hiking spots! Great pics! (I think Double O arch is one of the coolest.)

Great TR and photos. The day I did that hike last summer, there were tons of kids on the trail. I was amazed, and impressed, that so many young kids were hiking some of those fins without close supervision. No one felt it was a problem, but I would have been concerned if they were my kids. It's wonderful that Utah kids get an early exposure to the wilderness.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Re: What to do in Moab when you don't have a jeep and five k

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhaha
    Me and the fam just returned from a little hike around the Devil's Garden Primitive Loop (with all spur trails except Dark Angel.) The whole crew made it the whole 7.6 miles and really enjoyed it. Even the 4 year old walked the whole way without a problem - I'm pretty proud of her.
    I'm proud of your 4 YO too!

That's so great that you get your kids out and about! I Love seeing family "outdoor" pictures. I miss the days when my kids were younger, and they couldn't say "no" to family outings! Now I gotta bribe them to go mostly! Not cuz they don't like the outdoors - I just don't think they wanna hang out with their mom most days! : (

Great photos! Thanks.
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

Re: What to do in Moab when you don't have a jeep and five k

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhaha
    we hit Wendy's pretty hard - to the tune of $50.
    I've come close to that before.