Thread: Bogley in the winds

Bogley in the winds

So how about it Beech, Acca and whoever else wants to join in. I would like to head back to the Wind Rivers this summer/fall for some of that fantastic fishing. Is anyone interested in planning a backpacking trip to the Elkhart park area? Let's start getting some plans going.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

In.

That was an epic trip last time. All that stream fishing was amazing and don't forget those big macs.

I'd hit it, preliminary date?

Hey, Wyoming is in my territory (read: I can expense my travel to and from).

I'm starting to think that those monster mackinaw trout were only biting in September. Even though it snowed lightly on us, there was nobody else up there.

The fishing was also good in the summer, but they were smaller, and it was really crowded.

I know that acca keeps dreaming about that 30"+ that got away. Serious, it was over 30", because mine was 27", and it was at least 6" bigger.

That same spot would be sweet with a Bogley crowd, and nobody else up there.

I am thinking September might be a little late in the year. For me it would have to be mid Sept. since I am traveling for work the first two weeks. What about the 13th -17th of Aug. or the 20th -24th of Aug.? I know I am open to either of those weeks. What works for everyone else?

Yeah, it was mid-late september the first time we went. It snowed, but it wasn't freezing up there. It sure was nice though, nobody else.

Late August may work. I'll have to see when school starts back up, I can't miss that first week.

Ya end of August is bad for us. First week of August would work.

Re: Bogley in the winds

Quote Originally Posted by shagster
    So how about it Beech, Acca and whoever else wants to join in. I would like to head back to the Wind Rivers this summer/fall for some of that fantastic fishing. Is anyone interested in planning a backpacking trip to the Elkhart park area? Let's start getting some plans going.
    I'd love to go. We do an annual Sierra Cottonwoods lake trip every year to fly fish for the goldens. Would be fun to do it in the Winds. Any time after July works for me.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

This will be another epic trip.