Thread: My new magnum acquisition

My new magnum acquisition

I just picked this baby up at Cabellas used gun sale for 250.00. I've always wanted a good double action .357/38 Special revolver. It's a Ruger Security Six. After doing some research these used to be a police issued model, that is well liked for it's accuracy. I wanted a Colt Python, but $1000+ is just to much for me to fork out, and from what I've researched shooters claim the security six shoots just as good. It also came with a suprize; a custom light trigger job which has a very nice pull.
    I'm interested in any input and info on this gun which I am ever so excited to shoot.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Me likey.

My next revolver will be a double action. I have a Ruger Superblackhawk and it's tough as nails...but it's single action, which I don't like very much. I think you'll enjoy it. How's the rifling? Does the extractor rod come loose at all? I'd love to hear a range report once you put it through a few paces.
    Never pistol whip someone with your gun...that could mar the finish.

Very nice, I just acquired a ruger .357 six shooter, but it is not near as nice as this one. Let us know how she shoots.

Gun shot awesome this week end!!! Feels great!

Those Rugers can shoot without question. With the 357's its great to be able to practice/target shoot with the 38 wad cutters. Much cheaper and a lot less kick.

I picked up a Ruger 50th Ann. Blackhawk. It's one of my favorite pistols to shoot. Added some custom grips to finish her off..

I was just shooting 38's through it. I'll save the .357's for hunting and home defense. Your right their about $5-7 cheaper.
    My Bro and Dad both have Pythons I thought the Ruger shot every bit as good.

Quote Originally Posted by rooster32
    Beautiful gun.

I'd love to get me one of those.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

custom grips blackhawk

ruger 50th .357 backpacking