Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the Best Wetsuit....

Bogley BigShot

What's the Best Wetsuit....

So if I am going to do stuff without Bo I might have to carry stuff... (I have been really spoiled!!!) ---

I don't really want to drag along a 5mm wetsuit (semi-dry actually)

and Dry-suits get tore up I hear...

So what would work that would still be as light and compact as possible. I assume they need to be at least 3mm? Could I get away with less? I am a wimp about cold water though!

They are turning our power off for the next 4 hours.. they are late doing it... and they let all these kids out of school early for nothing!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    What's the Best Wetsuit....
    um ... the one tanya's in?

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    um ... the one tanya's in?

Awwwwwww That is so sweet!!!!

Re: What's the Best Wetsuit....

So if I am going to do stuff without Bo I might have to carry stuff... (I have been really spoiled!!!) ---

I don't really want to drag along a 5mm wetsuit (semi-dry actually)

and Dry-suits get tore up I hear...

So what would work that would still be as light and compact as possible. I assume they need to be at least 3mm? Could I get away with less? I am a wimp about cold water though!

They are turning our power off for the next 4 hours.. they are late doing it... and they let all these kids out of school early for nothing!
    Maybe I could come along and experience some of these canyons you are talking about? I have been spoiled by Zion and would really like to join in some of the fun!

Gosh Bo.... I'm still trying to figure out what I have to do so you'll carry my wet suit.

Feel free to spoil me....

Tom's hyperflex suits are suuuuper comfortable. I was a fan of team stearns, since they are so cheap, but the hyperflexes sure are nice and flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    I was a fan of team stearns, since they are so cheap, but the hyperflexes sure are nice and flexible.
    I'm a proud member of Team Stearn's. Not the best but they are cheap. You can get them at Sportsman's Warehouse for $50. I have never been to the one in St. George but I assume they carry them.

Sportsman's Warehouse
    2957 East 850 North
    St. George, UT 84790

I believe the Team Stearn's are 2mm and about as light weight as you'll find.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Gosh Bo.... I'm still trying to figure out what I have to do so you'll carry my wet suit.

Feel free to spoil me....

All I need is an invite and I might surprise you! I certainly would love to join and experience some of those central and eastern canyons someday!

I've owned team sterns, a nice o'neil surfing suit, and now one of Tom's Hyperflex's. Team Sterns was the coldest and least comfy. I am a wuss when it comes to cold water, and team sterns just isn't warm enough for me. The o'neil was the warmest until it got trashed and kept keeping me less and less warm as time went on (I got a lot of canyons out of it though before this started). The hyperflex is the most comfortable and most sticky on the walls, it might mean it will get trashed faster than my o'neil, but it was also cheaper. Have only used the hyperflex 4 or 5 times, but as of now I will probably buy another when this one gets trashed.

Eric.

Tanya, if I were you I would probably try Tom's Hyperflex Women's 3/2 Wetsuit for several reasons.

1. It's cut for a woman and would fit you much better. All the curves in the correct place and that type of stuff.... yeah, I noticed your curves.

2. If Tom has them in stock you can walk over to his house and try one on. Getting the proper fit in a wetsuit is half the secret to comfort and warmth.

3. It's only $30 more then the Stearns.

4. It will be warmer as it has a 3mm body as opposed to the Stearn's 2mm.

But I am sorry you will not be a member of team Stearn's.

Team Stearn's Rules!!!!

I got one of the team stearns from Sportsmans. You can't beat $50. It is a full 3/2 mm. Has been great so far, but then again I don't get cold very easy. For me it was worth it.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Tom's hyperflex suits are suuuuper comfortable. I was a fan of team stearns, since they are so cheap, but the hyperflexes sure are nice and flexible.

I am never been to my neighbors house... I just might have to venture that way ......... but I am afraid of Tom! ....

... but I ventured out on a trip with Alex and Shane... I can handle anything now!

Another Team Stearns member checking in. . .

I'm a cheapskate, I just keep an eye out at yard sales, dive shops etc and get the cheapest ones I can find. I have 3mm fulls, 3mm farmer john with 3mm jackets, I have 5 mm....

Bogley BigShot
    If I go to your house to get a wetsuit Tom will you model it for me.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Bump

Anyone wear the Camaro brand wetsuits? I've read some reports of people being toasty in the 5mm. What about 4/3mm? I was thinking of going with a 4/3mm (easier to move & cheaper) and maybe buying a vest to put over it for those supper cold canyons.

Second question wetsuit socks, thought it would be apropriate to post here. What do you use & thickness? Where do you get good ones? I found a few in the shops (SLC area) but it was either thin .5mm or 2mm. I assume you want thicker for those cold canyons espesally if I might be doing Heaps/Imlay in a few weaks.

Thanks

ebay

Watch ebay always good deals on woman's wetsuits.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    Bump

Anyone wear the Camaro brand wetsuits? I've read some reports of people being toasty in the 5mm. What about 4/3mm? I was thinking of going with a 4/3mm (easier to move & cheaper) and maybe buying a vest to put over it for those supper cold canyons.

Second question wetsuit socks, thought it would be apropriate to post here. What do you use & thickness? Where do you get good ones? I found a few in the shops (SLC area) but it was either thin .5mm or 2mm. I assume you want thicker for those cold canyons espesally if I might be doing Heaps/Imlay in a few weaks.

Thanks
    Bo got me some hydroskins that are thin to wear under shoes and my feet have been so warm since I got them!

The ones he got me were thicker than the .5 mm ones on this page, but they were this brand.

http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.a...2342&src=champ

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    Bump

Thanks
    Bo got me some hydroskins that are thin to wear under shoes and my feet have been so warm since I got them!

The ones he got me were thicker than the .5 mm ones on this page, but they were this brand.

http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.a...2342&src=champ
    Thanks Tanya Nice to see you posting again and hopefully feeling beter. Your presence was missed. Hope my Water Canyon pics weren't bad, I'll yank any down that are.

Were the socks these 2mm
    http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.a...m-2342-To-2340

Or 3mm http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.a...m-2340-To-2341