Thread: Las Vegas N.M Man

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar

Las Vegas N.M Man

link
    Vegas Man Paints Car Like Police Cruiser
    LAS VEGAS (AP) ― Jessie Vigil's black-and-white car sports a red-and-blue emergency bar across the top and the word "police" painted on the doors. Vigil, however, isn't a cop. Law enforcement agencies say what he's done with his car isn't illegal as long as he doesn't act like a police officer.

He started decorating his 2007 Ford Mustang last summer to look like the police cruiser in the "Transformers" movie because his 7-year-old son, Thomas, was fond of the film.

"My intent was to re-create the movie car," said Vigil, a 35-year-old disabled veteran from the war in Iraq. "When I came back from Iraq, I tried to spoil him. I wasn't the best dad before."

He said he called the district attorney's office beforehand and spoke to Chief Deputy District Attorney Joe Ulibarri, who tried to discourage his decorating scheme but couldn't find anything in the law that would stop Vigil as long as he didn't impersonate an officer.

Ulibarri said a state law prevents people from mimicking state police cars, which are painted black and white. But he also said the state police sell their old cars to private citizens without changing the colors.

"Are we violating our own law by not repainting them?" he asked.

He called the state law vague, and noted that normal state police cars aren't Mustangs.

"I don't think this guy has any intent to mimic a state police officer," Ulibarri said. "I'm not hearing that he is causing a problem and arresting people."

A close look shows Vigil's car isn't a police cruiser. Instead of the familiar slogan "To protect and serve," it carries a motto: "To punish and enslave" on the side. Instead of telling people to dial 911 for emergencies, the Mustang advises them to "dial 411 for theater information."

He originally marked his car, "Transformers police" but later changed it to just "police." He also added what appears to be a bar of emergency lights, but said they're not actual lights.

Vigil acknowledged people have mixed feelings about his car.

State police Capt. Craig Martin said the agency is "concerned for the safety of people who think he is an officer and think they may get help from him.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I don't think that is a good idea. I do like the contrast of no grass and small house but brand new expensive car
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    I don't think that is a good idea. I do like the contrast of no grass and small house but brand new expensive car
    don't forget the randomly dropped cinder blocks (formerly used to prop up the station wagon)

[redneck voice]'Hey woman look at the new stang I just bought" [/redneck voice]

I guess he could have the money because he was smart and didn't buy a house he couldn't afford and paid it off so he could enjoy other luxuries in life like a replica transformers police car. But that isn't fun to joke about.
    The man thong is wrong.

I guess he could have the money because he was smart and didn't buy a house he couldn't afford and paid it off so he could enjoy other luxuries in life like a replica transformers police car. But that isn't fun to joke about.
    I see that all the time here in Carbon County. Drive by any trailer court (err...ahem..."Mobile Home Park"), and you'll see trucks parked outside that cost half as much as my house!

Anyone who has tried to pick up JR High School chicks with a house understands the need for a hot car.

Just glad to see he realized he was a bad dad before and is trying to do something (albeit over the top) to make up for the past.

Anyone who has tried to pick up JR High School chicks with a house understands the need for a hot car.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe

In my world we like to call that jail bait aka prowling for a felony
    Life is Good

Any way of transforming that house back into a trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Any way of transforming that house back into a trailer?
    For sure, just go steal four wheels and a jack.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Quote Originally Posted by Redpb

I have a friend who, in his 50's, bought a corvette special ed indy pace car....the ugliest thing you ever saw...but he's COOL man, real cool....