Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hanksville Cell Service?

Hanksville Cell Service?

I thought I heard someone say Hanksville now had cell service. Anyone know if that's true?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yep. It's true. Had it yesterday, in fact. And it's nice and strong.

Who is your provider? err... or who can get cell. I'm on AT&T.

Anyone have a clue where the tower is?

wierd, I don't remember seeing a TR...

Last time I was there, Sep 2007, we got cell service coming north into town from lake powell. I thought it was wierd that I never noticed it before. It didn't last very long. I think by the time we past the Chevron it was out. Where was the coverage at carpey, all through town?
    The man thong is wrong.

I had coverage a couple miles out of town both north and south, and for about ten miles towards caineville. Last fall, it was spotty. This time, it was nice and strong.

I have AT&T, but I think the tower is owned by some other provider. I want to say it is a local company that owns it. Anyways, there is no roaming or anything on it.

Bogley BigShot
    It might be Alltel. They have been putting towers into these small communities. I am still waiting for one here in our town. I might even break down and get a cell phone when they get around to it.

http://www.alltel.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    TR's? I'm entering my sophomore year on Bogley. I don't do homework anymore.

Verizon has a good signal close to Hanksville. There is what appears to be a tower atop a bluff just east of the 24/95 intersection. 2 months ago, the signal was strong in town but died within 5 miles any direction (on pavement anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Please? Mabey just a link to the pics on your site. I guess I can manually go search for it but I just got diagnosed with chronic laziness, the doc says its in the most severe stage he has ever seen. Just typing this is a stretch for me.
    The man thong is wrong.

Please? Mabey just a link to the pics on your site. I guess I can manually go search for it but I just got diagnosed with chronic laziness, the doc says its in the most severe stage he has ever seen. Just typing this is a stretch for me.
    No pics yet. I'm in the process of changing jobs, so I haven't had time yet. Perhaps later this week.

No pics yet. I'm in the process of changing jobs, so I haven't had time yet. Perhaps later this week.
    The man thong is wrong.

I concur with JB. I had a Verizon cell signal about 4 miles outside of town over the FreezeFest in December. My buddy had a signal as well, and I think he was Cingular (but I'm not certain on that; I do know he was NOT Verizon though.) You had to be within line of sight of Hanksville though; lost the signal shortly outside of town.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ
    I think he was Cingular
    Cingular = AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    I think he was Cingular
    Cingular = AT&T
    I think it's more like Cingular = Used to be AT&T. I'm pretty sure everything changed to Cingular after the merger. (This is based on the fact that I used to have AT&T; and after the merger, my display changed from AT&T to Cingular. However, that was a while ago, so I don't know what the scoop is. I'm pretty happy with Verizon though, so it doesn't really matter to me.)

However, that wasn't my point. I was just trying to say that my buddy also had a signal; and I know he wasn't Verizon. I'm not 100% certain which company he was, but I think it was Cingular...

FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    I think he was Cingular
    Cingular = AT&T
    I think it's more like Cingular = Used to be AT&T. I'm pretty sure everything changed to Cingular after the merger.
    actually it's the other way around aj, cingular is now att and att is slowly shedding the 'cingular' name

at least that's what i have read AND what an att representative told me on the phone

Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    actually it's the other way around aj, cingular is now att and att is slowly shedding the 'cingular' name

at least that's what i have read AND what an att representative told me on the phone
    Stefan is correct. If anyone has a question as to which company won the corporate name war, just click on this Cingular link:

http://www.cingular.com
    "The ACA is a non-profit organization..."
    - Rich Carlson, the ACA's founder/president/director/self-appointed king

"A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval."
    - Mark Twain

This would be a much better site with more TR's and less bitching [/rant]

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    Please? Mabey just a link to the pics on your site.
    Here is a picture.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10699

very nice. If I had $200 I would order one from you.
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    Ahem. . .amen to that.