Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: FAIL photos - post them here

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I don't care who you are (I'm in the army and) this is funny.

I don't care who you are (I'm in the army and) this is funny.
    PRICELESS!!!!

A nasty one!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The ACA is a non-profit organization..."
    - Rich Carlson, the ACA's founder/president/director/self-appointed king

"A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval."
    - Mark Twain

Landing Fail

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Landing Fail
    Actually just the opposite imo. This pilot deserves a medal. No fatalities and plane intact.

PFG.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Child
    Landing Fail
    Actually just the opposite imo. This pilot deserves a medal. No fatalities and plane intact.

PFG.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Last Child
    Landing Fail

PFG.
    Oh. I agree that the guy did an amazing job of landing in a river but that was not where he intended to land when he took off. The fact that no one was seriously hurt means we can laugh about it, right?

Oh. I agree that the guy did an amazing job of landing in a river but that was not where he intended to land when he took off. The fact that no one was seriously hurt means we can laugh about it, right?
    The pilot intended to land in Charlotte, NC, but a flock of geese decided for him that he wanted/needed to land in the Hudson River.

And what a job he did! I have a friend who is a commercial pilot, and he has told me how difficult water landings are because of the airspeed involved. Water can be very hard and unforgiving at those landing speeds.

If a wing clips the water, you're done! If the nose submarines, you're done. And since the plane was heavy with fuel because it was just taking off, he had to account for that, along with the possibility of a fire upon landing.

Laughing matter? Nope.

But then I think Gandi was a pussy, so you just have to consider the source.

This is the guy I want sitting in the pilot's seat the next time I have the unfortunate experience of flying US Airways:

Chelsey B. "Sully" Sullenberger, a former Air Force fighter
    pilot, has been with US Airways since 1980.

EDIT:

Mayor Bloomberg also commended the pilot for not leaving the plane until he had checked to make sure everyone had been been evacuated.

"It would appear that the pilot did a masterful job of landing the plane in the river and then making sure that everybody got out," Bloomberg said.

"I had a long conversation with the pilot," Bloomberg said. "He walked the plane twice after everybody else was off, and tried to verify that there was nobody else on board, and assures us there were not."

"There is a heroic pilot," said Gov. David Paterson. "We have had a miracle on 34th Street, I believe we now have a miracle on the Hudson."

- Mark Twain

Yeah Ski, we all saw the news; a hero.

But in the tradition of the Fail Blog, which is what this thread is about, a photo of a plane parked in a river in a fail.

Made all the better this time cause no one was seriously hurt, but it still fits the thread.

What, too soon?

Yeah Ski, we all saw the news; a hero.
    OK, if WE all saw the news about the plane's demise, why would you post a FAIL message about the heroic incident?

But in the tradition of the Fail Blog, which is what this thread is about, a photo of a plane parked in a river in a fail.
    Much better job this time, Don. It's good to see that you're still trainable!

So in keeping with the tradition and spirit of this Fail Thread, which is what the posts in this thread are normally about, a photo of another dramatic FAIL:

- Mark Twain

LOL what a bunch of wet napkins, it was funny...

Fail indeed...

"You can judge the character of a man by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him"

Certainly the guy was a hero today. But in a couple of years when all the context of the situation is forgotten this picture will be everywhere in the FAIL-space.

Don's sense of humor is just a couple of years more advanced than others.
    The gostak distims the doshes.

I still think your a troll just looking for an argument, but that was pretty funny.

I'm going to have to agree with Don on this. A plane in a river is fail on more than one level. First you have an airplane that thinks its a boat, which is fail. Second you have a plane landing on water, which is a fail without skids on.

No one is saying that the pilot or his actions were a fail. The picture of a plane in water is a fail.
    The man thong is wrong.