Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post the Bands that you HATE, but you're expected to LOVE

Post the Bands that you HATE, but you're expected to LOVE

I'm a guitarist for 19 years, and I'm a metal fan. I get a strange look from people I know, when they hear I'm not a fan of these following bands.

KoRn - they're sound is too loose and flangie

Tool - Enough already, Maynard

Marilyn Manson - ooh, he's scary, he must know true evil. that makes him talented?

Nine Inch Nails - a girl ruined my life; waaahhhhh waahhhhhh

System of a Down - I'm not buying into the whole "crazy" sound

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

so i am guessing i need to be a hater first.

i guess i don't listen enough to music that i don't like to hate it.

actually now that i think about it, who wastes their time enough listening to band that they can actually get to the level of hate.

all of you should either stop listening to the radio or do something more useful

Blink 182

hard core man

Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    actually now that i think about it, who wastes their time enough listening to band that they can actually get to the level of hate.

all of you should either stop listening to the radio or do something more useful
    When you're a musician, it's part of the calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech

so musicians are haters?

Limp Bizkit

Some choice words for the bizkit boys here. . .

so musicians are haters?
    Definitely. It's not a jealousy thing, just getting tired of hearing about no-talent idiots thinking they're bad ass.

Imagine, a musician being bad ass, because they play an instrument.

Metallica,... they are probably going to try and sue me for posting their gay pic. They sued some lipstick company for making a color "metallica" And they are a bunch of talentless douchebags.

"Sleep with one eye open, clutching your wallet tight."

Napster was great you assholes! And the lead singer from Primus (les claypool tried out for them once and they didn't have the foresight to grab him. He is the greatest bass player in the world and not good enough for their sorry ass? Nuff said... I could on for hours..... *deep breaths* *relax crickey* *sigh*

I do laugh when sue hoaxes come up though, like this one. http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/07/17/ctv.metallica/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

so musicians are haters?
    Definitely. It's not a jealousy thing, just getting tired of hearing about no-talent idiots thinking they're bad ass.

Imagine, a musician being bad ass, because they play an instrument.
    i am sure many musicians hold this view ... kinda ironic, don't you think

Quote Originally Posted by deathcricket
    Metallica
    Ditto, anything past the black album. Even if they played a concert with nothing but And Justice For All and earlier, I wouldn't go.

I'm with you guys on the Metallica thing. Can't stand em. Another one is Nirvana. Hate em. Dave Grohl I like but Nirvana as a whole I don't like. Creed. Suck. I was happy when they broke up but then reformed and sound exactly the same. Linkin Park. How about trying something new for ONCE. The list could go on but I think that one covers for now. So lets hear the arguments and taunting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by deathcricket
    Metallica
    Ditto, anything past the black album. Even if they played a concert with nothing but And Justice For All and earlier, I wouldn't go.
    Ditto - I like, well, mostly like the black album but nothing else they have is worth listening to.
    I hate Limp Biskit or however you spell it. Korn I just dont get. Insane Clown Posse...whats up with this crap?! Marilyn Manson...Im sorry but if that crazy bitch Rose McGowan cant even stand him theres something seriously wrong with him. OH, you got me started now! I would rather listen to Rage Against the Machine than this stuff...
    Beech, I consider myself very diverse in the music field. I like alot of stuff....old drummer that I am, But I agree that someone who doesnt see Claypools talent is messed up in the head...they dont have to like it but the guys a genious! Victor Wooten...completely underated.
    - also dont like a number of the current popular 'boy band' stuff...Hinder?... Im mean really. Alot of these guys just start sounding the same after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOU812
    Linkin Park. How about trying something new for ONCE.
    ha ha, i'm with you. Everytime I hear Linkin Park, I picture the singer telling his mom to stay out of his room. It feels like I'm listening to a Jr High band.

That said, Alex just asked me who the band is in this video, and he's gonna get it.
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10585
    Sorry Alex.

Awesome. Let's hear some of your stuff man.

I'll probably get lynched but...

THE USED!!!

(Sorry, refusing to waste my time searching for an image)

Can't stand'em. Known them since before stupid coke-head Bert (or Robbie as I know him) joined up and turned them all into screaming pansies (remember Dumb Luck? That was them).

I don't know if the bassist is still the original one, but the original guy was a really cool guy. The original guitarist is really talented, but who needs talent when you're on the radio? Now his skills are on the back burner because emo-abrasive is all the rage.

I could be considered (by some) as a musician and I completely understand the inner hatred some of us feel toward other "musicians" that don't even have any skills, but are easy to control so they get a friggin' label. Sheesh!

Pretty mush all the stuff on the radio (besides classic rock, jazz, and classical) is garbage that can be summed up in about 3 or 4 chords, usually. Lame.

I can't stand Nirvana, Metallica (older is better), the new Red Hot Chili Peppers (better with old guitarist), Blink 182 (I've coined a term for groups like this: BRAT ROCK), and most other junk on the radio.

Sorry, I'd have a more current list of popular bands, but I haven't listened to the radio for a long time.

Heh, The Used.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Awesome. Let's hear some of your stuff man.
    I don't want you stealin' it.

I thought stealin' music was all part of the calling.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    I thought stealin' music was all part of the calling.
    haha...that one made me LOL at work. The lady next to me asked "what's so funny." I just her told her musicians hating musicians. She gave me a nice hearty "ha". not a ha ha. just one single ha, which is even more funny that a ha ha.

anywho...

so this thread is about trendy music right - not so much bands we dislike just because....but because they are trendy (which includes talent-less music).

I am a metal junkie (now don't get me to specifics cause I will rip you a new one here. "Death metal" and "black metal" are two seperate styles - just fyi. Metallica, which I am not surprised in general, I thoroughly enjoy, except for one album (st. anger). I love Dream Theater, Joe Satriani, Ministry, and countless others. That's pure skill. No gimmicks there.

But I do think that one band that is changing the rock/pop genre is Muse. That band is killler awesome. wow.

anywho, Green Day I dislike. I don't like Calbrie, Kelly Clarkson, and Fergie (although she is good solo singer).

I hate this band