Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would men really replace women for a SEX ROBOT!!?!?!?

Bogley BigShot

Would men really replace women for a SEX ROBOT!!?!?!?

Programed to your every desire... no crazy emotions, no jealousy, will do all the kinky things you want, seems human, worships you and has YOUR idea of the PERFECT body, face, hair --- everything you want and desire in a woman!!!! --- Probably even cooks would you trade us in? The real thing with all our faults?

Speaking as a woman --- (I know my opinion is usually way the wall compared to most of them... but for me (Savanna always thinks like I do though!!!! .... what matters is the lust, the passion, the desire..... the challenge.... what would I ever do with some dumb robot?!

Humans could marry robots within the century. And consummate those vows.

"My forecast is that around 2050, the state of Massachusetts will be the first jurisdiction to legalize marriages with robots," artificial intelligence researcher David Levy at the University of Maastricht in the Netherlands told LiveScience. Levy recently completed his Ph.D. work on the subject of human-robot relationships, covering many of the privileges and practices that generally come with marriage as well as outside of it.

At first, sex with robots might be considered geeky, "but once you have a story like 'I had sex with a robot, and it was great!' appear someplace like Cosmo magazine, I'd expect many people to jump on the bandwagon," Levy said.

Pygmalion to Roomba

The idea of romance between humanity and our artistic and/or mechanical creations dates back to ancient times, with the Greek myth of the sculptor Pygmalion falling in love with the ivory statue he made named Galatea, to which the goddess Venus eventually granted life.

This notion persists in modern times. Not only has science fiction explored this idea, but 40 years ago, scientists noticed that students at times became unusually attracted to ELIZA, a computer program designed to ask questions and mimic a psychotherapist.

"There's a trend of robots becoming more human-like in appearance and coming more in contact with humans," Levy said. "At first robots were used impersonally, in factories where they helped build automobiles, for instance. Then they were used in offices to deliver mail, or to show visitors around museums, or in homes as vacuum cleaners, such as with the Roomba. Now you have robot toys, like Sony's Aibo robot dog, or Tickle Me Elmos, or digital pets like Tamagotchis."

In his thesis, "Intimate Relationships with Artificial Partners," Levy conjectures that robots will become so human-like in appearance, function and personality that many people will fall in love with them, have sex with them and even marry them.

"It may sound a little weird, but it isn't," Levy said. "Love and sex with robots are inevitable."

Sex in 5 years

Levy argues that psychologists have identified roughly a dozen basic reasons why people fall in love, "and almost all of them could apply to human-robot relationships. For instance, one thing that prompts people to fall in love are similarities in personality and knowledge, and all of this is programmable. Another reason people are more likely to fall in love is if they know the other person likes them, and that's programmable too."

In 2006, Henrik Christensen, founder of the European Robotics Research Network, predicted that people will be having sex with robots within five years, and Levy thinks that's quite likely. There are companies that already sell realistic sex dolls, "and it's just a matter of adding some electronics to them to add some vibration," he said, or endowing the robots with a few audio responses. "That's fairly primitive in terms of robotics, but the technology is already there."

As software becomes more advanced and the relationship between humans and robots becomes more personal, marriage could result. "One hundred years ago, interracial marriage and same-sex marriages were illegal in the United States. Interracial marriage has been legal now for 50 years, and same-sex marriage is legal in some parts of the states," Levy said. "There has been this trend in marriage where each partner gets to make their own choice of who they want to be with."

"The question is not if this will happen, but when," Levy said. "I am convinced the answer is much earlier than you think."

When and where it'll happen

Levy predicts Massachusetts will be the first jurisdiction to legalize human-robot marriage. "Massachusetts is more liberal than most other jurisdictions in the United States and has been at the forefront of same-sex marriage," Levy said. "There's also a lot of high-tech research there at places like MIT."

Although roboticist Ronald Arkin at the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta does not think human-robot marriages will be legal anywhere by 2050, "anything's possible. And just because it's not legal doesn't mean people won't try it," he told LiveScience.

"Humans are very unusual creatures," Arkin said. "If you ask me if every human will want to marry a robot, my answer is probably not. But will there be a subset of people? There are people ready right now to marry sex toys."

The main benefit of human-robot marriage could be to make people who otherwise could not get married happier, "people who find it hard to form relationships, because they are extremely shy, or have psychological problems, or are just plain ugly or have unpleasant personalities," Levy said. "Of course, such people who completely give up the idea of forming relationships with other people are going to be few and far between, but they will be out there."

Ethical questions

The possibility of sex with robots could prove a mixed bag for humanity. For instance, robot sex could provide an outlet for criminal sexual urges. "If you have pedophiles and you let them use a robotic child, will that reduce the incidence of them abusing real children, or will it increase it?" Arkin asked. "I don't think anyone has the answers for that yet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

These have already been invented...to a certain extent (blow up dolls, etc). What this sounds like is a high tech and very expensive version of that.

Not speaking from experience, but I'm pretty certain that ANY inanimate object falls far short of the real thing.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    ANY inanimate object falls far short of the real thing.
    Is your hand an inanimate object? JK someone had to say it....
    Ouch my freaking ears....

Don't understand my avatar? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQzIg0CPW5Q

Bogley BigShot
    These have already been invented...to a certain extent (blow up dolls, etc). What this sounds like is a high tech and very expensive version of that.

Not speaking from experience, but I'm pretty certain that ANY inanimate object falls far short of the real thing.

In ways.. yes... but it can be so perfect in others. She would never gain weight, never get wrinkles... can be a 36DDDD cup... and let you play with all the women you want.

Do you really want a human?

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by ericchile

Hi Eric

So..... the perfect female Robot or a Real flawed woman?

Re: Would men really replace women for a SEX ROBOT!!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    [color=white]Programed to your every desire... no crazy emotions, no jealousy, will do all the kinky things you want, seems human, worships you and has YOUR idea of the PERFECT body, face, hair --- everything you want and desire in a woman!!!! --- Probably even cooks would you trade us in?
    In a heart beat.

I'm programing mine to shut up during football and racing.... and to mow the lawn...

Speaking of which, has anyone seen the Sara Sarah Connor Chronicles? That little cybog is SMOKIN'

Come to think of it.... Sarah is also smokin'

Camron

Sarah

There could be some positives with it

Where do I vote Yes... a poll is needed. Its all the same in the dark

seriously I don't think that is very sexy. It is "hot" when the other party wants you, not just programmed to act like they want you.
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    It is "hot" when the other party wants you.
    True Dat

Let me be the first to say, having gone the whole circuit here recently (marriage, divorce, solo, dating, now banging random chicks) I sort of did like the solo aspects just cause I was totally annoyed with women but now that I'm with other women, yeah, I don't see how you can duplicate the feminine form plus, its fun to talk to them when they're all worked up.

I'm cool like that, Dirk is very, very charming in the company of women.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate
    Let me be the first to say, having gone the whole circuit here recently (marriage, divorce, solo, dating, now banging random chicks) I sort of did like the solo aspects just cause I was totally annoyed with women but now that I'm with other women, yeah, I don't see how you can duplicate the feminine form plus, its fun to talk to them when they're all worked up.

I knew that about Dirk. Hammer on the otherhand I think would do the robots.

The japanese know where it's at
    http://www.honeydolls.jp/en/main.html
    only 714,000 yen or 6,889.23 USD

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpb

And... how did you know of these Red?

While you are at it... Robot or Human and why?

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate

I knew that about Dirk. Hammer on the otherhand I think would do the robots.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd **** a robot til her circuits blew.

Can you ride them to work? If so I just found my next vehicle.
    The man thong is wrong.

And... how did you know of these Red?

While you are at it... Robot or Human and why?

There was an article on this on the Drudge Report a few weeks ago and the mentioned the honeydolls. I swear.

Robot, maybe she'll keep her ass in the kitchen

Hi Eric

Depends how real is the robot? IMO I don't think we can ever reproduce a real woman in the Bed. But Women have reproduced Men a long time ago... its called a vibrator.
    Ouch my freaking ears....

Don't understand my avatar? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQzIg0CPW5Q

Bogley BigShot

Hi Eric

Depends how real is the robot? IMO I don't think we can ever reproduce a real woman in the Bed. But Women have reproduced Men a long time ago... its called a vibrator.

But do you want to reproduce a woman or do you just want something that looks and acts like you want?

It would be an easy choice for me. First off, sex with a robot is just expensive masterbation. There's a lot more to a relationship for me than just sex. I want a wife who will go fishing/shooting/hunting/camping/etc. with me and really enjoy it. I like rolling over in the middle of the night, wrapping my arm around a woman's waist and smelling her skin or hair. You can imitate a lot of things, but a woman is not one of them.

I don't know about "replacing" a woman but an occasional stand in? My wife has this very nasty habit of not wanting to be woken up in the middle of the night. In fact she's less than cooperative. Where as I?... Well let's just say I wake up once in awhile. This could be the solution to my "problem".