Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SEARCHING FOR GRAND JUNCTION GROUP TO THANK

SEARCHING FOR GRAND JUNCTION GROUP TO THANK

Last year on Sunday May 27th (day before Memorial day), my partner and I were wrapping up a downclimcb thru Main Blue John Canyon and exiting thru the West exit. After a VERY long day and being slightly lost for a moment, we were exhausted and ready to be done. At the last two miles of this exit, there is a pretty steep upclimb and most do it as a free climb. As we were preparing to do this climb up, we bottlenecked into a really awesome group of about 9 people from Grand Junction, Colorado. The reason I am writing this is because I never had a chance to thank them for what they did because the events that unfolded weren't all that great.......Long story short, I was on my way up, lost grip from being so exhausted and had a great fall backwards (about 10 feet+) onto my back ultimately giving me a pretty severe tailbone sting. We didn't know the extent of my injury at the time so every pre-caution was taken getting me out of this canyon. They came to my aide and made this experience less traumatic than what it was by offering me water (which I was running low on), shade, ibuprofen and setting up a system to pull me up and out. I shuffled back to the truck, got to the hospital and discovered an injured tailbone (thank god). ANYHOW.....I NEVER GOT TO SAY THANK YOU!!!!!!! AND IF YOU KNOW ANYONE THAT WAS OUT THERE ON THIS DAY, PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH ME TO PASS ON THE WORD. I don't know what I would have done without you guys. :)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    I am glad you got help and were not hurt too bad. Welcome to the group.

Very cool story! I love Blue John, that was my first real canyon. Beautiful place.
    The man thong is wrong.

I agree! That canyon is one of the most beautiful and fun climbs ever. Unfortunately it was my last excursion that season b/c of my injury but I am ready to get back out there this year and do it all again. Thanks for reading!! Now if I can just locate these folks...............;)

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    I am glad you got help and were not hurt too bad. Welcome to the group.
    Thank you so much!

wow, glad to hear you're okay. that sounds like a nasty fall in remote country.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    that sounds like a nasty fall in remote country.
    At least 3 or 4 hours from mediocre medical services. Be caerful out there.

wow, glad to hear you're okay. that sounds like a nasty fall in remote country.
    Yes it was pretty sketchy for a moment. Especially when I was numb from the waist to the back of my knees for about 5 minutes. I couldn't move. The pain was unreal! But all in all.......these folks did everything in their power to make sure I was ok. I'm pretty good about 'maintaining composure' in difficult situations. ;) Lot's of valuable lessons learned on that day that I wouldn't trade one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe

Acutally my partner drove back to Glenwood Springs and I was treated at Valley View hospital. When they told me it was just a tailbone fracture, I rejoiced. :)

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    it was just a tailbone fracture
    Dang.... I would just tell people I busted my ass....

it was just a tailbone fracture
    Dang.... I would just tell people I busted my ass....

The joke with my friends is that I broke my ass. I call that trip the Utah butt breaker.

Hi, I don't know the group, but if you really are trying to find them, if I were you I would contact a local paper/tv station in Grand Junction and tell them your story. Hero stories are always a big seller, especially in small communities.

They would be able to locate the group for you and you can give them your thanks and praise the dudes for a great deed.

Welcome to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Hi, I don't know the group, but if you really are trying to find them, if I were you I would contact a local paper/tv station in Grand Junction and tell them your story. Hero stories are always a big seller, especially in small communities.

They would be able to locate the group for you and you can give them your thanks and praise the dudes for a great deed.

Welcome to the site.
    Hey, I think that is a wonderful idea! NEVER EVEN THOUGHT OF GOING THAT ROUTE...Ya see!! These websites are good for sharing ideas afterall. Thanks a bunch!

Well this has happened to us in the past and the local paper/radio station exploded the story quite a bit. I am still being reminded of the article in the news even though it's been like half a year. So ya the word gets around very fast with the help of the media.

Acutally my partner drove back to Glenwood Springs and I was treated at Valley View hospital. When they told me it was just a tailbone fracture, I rejoiced. :)
    i used to live in glenwood in the late 70's. had my appendix out there. didn't have such a high reputation back then.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide

i used to live in glenwood in the late 70's. had my appendix out there. didn't have such a high reputation back then.
    Oh yea our little town has changed ALOT in the last 20 years for sure. I bet you'd be amazed now. Still small enough though.......

So all this talk about the rescue and ....NO PICS!?!? WTF!

This is Bogley web site, not some outdoorsy wannabe fanboy website, we LOVE pics here! *hint* *hint*

So all this talk about the rescue and ....NO PICS!?!? WTF!

This is Bogley web site, not some outdoorsy wannabe fanboy website, we LOVE pics here! *hint* *hint*
    Well SHITE!! I don't have actual pics of the rescue ding dong but I do have pics of my injuries............pretty beat up!! I don't know if I should post them here mostly because it's a photo of my ASS crack and with all this testosterone, may not be appropriate. HAHA!!! But there are two photos of my downclimb thru Main Blue John here in my album so check em out...............those pics were taken a few hours prior to my fall. SO BOO on you!

You do not have to ask for permission to post pics here. Even if they are bad, our trusty (nazi) Somebeech will take care of it

This is Bogley web site, not some outdoorsy wannabe fanboy website
    wannabe fanboy website?