Thread: New guy from Heber City

New guy from Heber City

Hi all. This looks like a great site. I've been somewhat active on Utah Bird Dog, Utah Upland Hunting, and Utah Wildlife Network forums. I enjoy bird dogs and upland game hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, biking, skiing, as well as gardening, woodworking, and drawing/painting. I have too many hobbies/interests...but I don't want to choose...so I try do do some of all of them.

I am a management consulting by profession. I am married nearly 32 years, with 9 children and 12 grandchildren...with 2 more on the way.

I have two English Setters that I enjoy a great deal. My favorite upland prey is pheasants. I enjoyed two great trips to North Dakota this past fall chasing the wily wild ditch parrots...and hope to spend some more time on the plains this fall after phez, huns, and sharpies. I also plan on chasing chukar, ptarmigan, and grouse in Utah this year.

I love to fly fish. I enjoy stream fishing, but I'm best on stllwater. Strawberry Res. and Pelican Lake are my favorite spots.

Last summer I took a bunch of varsity scouts on a bike ride from Mirror Lake to Jackson Hole ...280 miles. We floated the snake and saw the BarJ Wranglers while in Wyo. 2 years ago we took another group on an 80 mile float trip on the lower Salmon and into the Snake river. We've enjoyed some great outdoor adventures. This year we're going to Moab, to the Entrada Hgh Adventure Base for some rappelling, mountain bking, and white water rafting. Man, we live in the best part of the world for outdoor fun!

I'll enjoy getting to know you all and sharing ideas and adventures.

Tchau,

Rob

Oh, and sometimes I can't get to sleep so I post at odd hours.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: New guy from Heber City

Quote Originally Posted by seniorsetterguy
    with 9 children and 12 grandchildren...with 2 more on the way.
    Holy Cow

A big HOWDY and WELCOME

Ok, question.....what's with the Tchau? Fala Portugues?

You'll fit right in. Nice to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25
    Ok, question.....what's with the Tchau? Fala Portugues?
    Falo, sim. Fiz missao no Brasil muitos anos atras. Gosto de tudo que e brasiliero...a lingua, a comida, a musica, a cultura...principalmente o povo! E voce. Como e que voce fala portugues?

Rob, don't take this the wrong way but I typically do not welcome the new males to the site. I concentrate on making all new female members welcome.

So, yeah, whatever...

Puxa Vida!!! (is that how you spell it?)Tambem fiz missao no Brasil muitos anos atras... 23 anos atras. Bem vindos irmao! (Wow, I haven't written in Portuguese for years and it shows.)
    Life is Good

Que coisa, temos pelo menos tres pessoas que falam Portugues. Fix missao em Portugal, mas adoro a comida brasileira (rodizio e guarana!). So faz 6 anos desde que acabei a minha missao.

Welcome! OK now, seriously guys. If you keep it up with all this Portugese, they're likely to move this thread over to the Mission Reunion page.
    "All roads, all codes!"

Under the new Bogley rules, Portuguese is permitted, even encouraged. Bogley has gone international. Didn't you get the memo?
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    Bogley has gone international. Didn't you get the memo?
    Woohoo, I am officially exist now!

Oh ya and welcome to the site :)

Hey, welcome aboard, seniorsetterguy!

Nice to see a familiar handle on bogley. Looking forward to some fishing trip reports.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Bogley BigShot
    Welcome Rob

welcome