Big Mac Yum.

Article

We

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    great artilce find

sooo.....

Once again it appears to be Bush's fafult???

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    great article find
    Is this just bass ackwards err what?

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    great article find
    Is this just bass ackwards err what?
    Yes but it doesn't shock me. The US government subsidizes a lot of stupid things. It takes about 1 barrel of ethanol energy equivalent to make 1.5 barrels of ethanol from corn. It takes 1 barrel of ethanol energy equivalent to make 9 barrels of ethanol from sugar. The number would be even higher if you could develop a way for cellulose, or algae, but do we subside any of them, no.

This is what is wrong when the government starts subsides. It ends up going to the places it shouldn't.

Bogley BigShot
    You asked. It should cost much more!

Would you ever open your refrigerator, pull out 16 plates of pasta and toss them in the trash, and then eat just one plate of food?1 How about leveling 55 square feet of rain forest for a single meal or dumping 2,500 gallons of water down the drain?2,3 Of course you wouldn't. But if you're eating chicken, fish, turkey, pork, or beef, that's what you're doing

vegatables are what food eats.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

9. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide

Actually, ecological soundness is the main reason I went veggie 17 years ago. The main points for me at that time were A) the amount of land it takes to grow grains/grass to feed cows vs. to feed people, and B) the obscene amounts of fresh water to do the same. For me, things like runoff, hormones, etc. etc. have served to reinforce that decision as time goes by.

I know that people are omnivores - we evolved that way. (Yes, evolved.) However, we now have the ability to move beyond that and determine our own future as a species. We can make smarter choices.

Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide

I can't help but notice the shape of my teeth and figure they're supposed to do more than grinding.

I'd rather eat fresh fish instead of a burger though.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

there's not much better than a good thick ELK steak...and the ranchers only feed them during a nasty winter, course then theres the license, gun, ammo, camp gear, truck, gas, beer...LOTS of beer, at least up here
    ...SO, I guess an elk steak isnt so cheap after all, but DAMN, it's tasty! AND, it's fed off lots of public land...paid for by you and me......course, the private land harvest is usually ranchers funded by ours truly.....and dont forget the water they drink....trikling into the rivers and reservoirs that flow right to ...uh, other states that buy it up right and left.....

13. Likes oldno7 liked this post

I'm a dietary vegan for a lot of reasons, and ecology is one of them.

I love salad. It cleanses the palate before I tear into the giant porterhouse.
    I raise my own hormone and antibiotic free beef with my father in TN.
    Usually the vegetables too.

Have you ever tried chicken salad ? Chicken salad recipe is extremely simple and easy. But don't let this simplicity fool you. It is highly nutritious.
    Chicken salad is filled with antioxidants and protein. The use of fresh herbs such as green onions, cilantro, dill and parsley, adds just as much antioxidants to this recipe.
    Chicken brings along high amounts of vitamin B and combine with salad it gives very high amounts of vitamin B and Selenium.
    3.5 oz (100g) of chicken salad has 165 calories, 7.4 grams of fat. It contains more than 20 percent protein. It is high in cholesterol.
    Chicken Salad contains about 13 percent of vitamin C and more than 8 percent of vitamin A. It also has about 10 percent iron and 5 percent calcium.
    Not only this you can freeze chicken salad which enhance usage of salad all at low cost.