Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So - who's gonna admit they are watching American Idol?

So - who's gonna admit they are watching American Idol?

I couldnt resist...I'll admit Im watching it but mostly because my wife is.
    ...the girls are on tonight...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I was, but now my wife's watching episodes of LOST online from the beginning, and I'm a little into it.

My girlfriend is and I'm on this thing and watching CSI Miami No American Idol for me, not even she can get me to

My wife always watches it, so I kinda listen while wasting time on the internet.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Well I have to admit It's on in my house, my daughter loves it she always runs and grabs one of her dresses puts it on and dances the whole time.

A.I.

I watch it now since my wife and daughters wont have anything else on TV when it is on. I'm gleening skills for my run at the Idol position...unless I'm too old.

Wow, your streaming lost from abc.com?
    I have downloaded every single ep (torrents). Its much better watching it without the commercials and full screen.
    Start the torrent, go to bed, and when you wake up you have the entire season.

The wife LOVES it.

I enjoy the auditions, except when the judges are just WAY overboard or rude in their critiquing. Gotta hope its mostly staged.

Once the real competition starts I'm generally annoyed with all of the contestants. Then once the end nears one or two of them have grown on me.

Apparently I've had 2nd place taste though....Daughtry and Blake Lewis the last 2 years were my favorites.

Bogley BigShot
    My kids got me watching it last year... now it's the one thing that everyone the family likes to watch together. Unless I am on the treadmill though I am always working (or something) on the computer and just sort of watching. I can't say, except with very rare occassions, that I ever just sit and pay attention to a show.

My kids really get into the music by the past winners too, so its good to know what they are talking about by watching the show. It's also interesting to see who has hits after the season ends.

I got into 24 at the end of the season last year, so bought all the seasons on CD. Those were great on the treadmill, but just finished season five! Dang... only one left to go. But I just ordered prison break... Shane on here says its good stuff!

I don't watch American Idol..... I stand when I pee......

Bogley BigShot
    Watching American Idol is not something even I would ever consider effeminate?

PS... I meant the young.. baby faced Shane! --- who has not posted for a while.

I watch the audition ones with the family. After that I lose interest.
    The man thong is wrong.

O.k, o.k., I'll admit I watch and won't blame it on the kids, wife, etc. My friends tell me I'm an anomaly because I enjoy acting and singing on stage and have done TV and film work but I'm very into the 'manly' outdoor stuff, like to and can fix my cars, finish off the basement (love power tools!), etc. My wife tells me I'm 'rugged' and people are surprised when they find out I participate in the 'arts'. What can I say? While were at it I'll also admit to liking 'chick flicks' and other romantic stuff. As for American Idol, I like the Utah connection (Brooke White and David Archuleta) this season and hope they both do well. Blake Lewis should have won last year- Jordan Sparks is a bust.
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve
    Blake Lewis should have won last year- Jordan Sparks is a bust.
    Seems as though winning it all hasn't been the best option lately.

I don't usually stick with it past all the funny blundering auditions, but that 17 year old David Archuleta from Utah is so adorable. He'd be a great Idol - good looking, girls love him, good morals, so humble. And Jason Castro is hot too! Can I say that and not be an old lady pervert?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    I watch the audition ones with the family. After that I lose interest.
    +1 I just like watching these people try to sing when they have no business doing so. If they're gonna risk it, they may as well get ready to take the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve
    O.k, o.k., I'll admit I watch and won't blame it on the kids, wife, etc. My friends tell me I'm an anomaly because I enjoy acting and singing on stage and have done TV and film work but I'm very into the 'manly' outdoor stuff, like to and can fix my cars, finish off the basement (love power tools!), etc. My wife tells me I'm 'rugged' and people are surprised when they find out I participate in the 'arts'. What can I say? While were at it I'll also admit to liking 'chick flicks' and other romantic stuff. As for American Idol, I like the Utah connection (Brooke White and David Archuleta) this season and hope they both do well. Blake Lewis should have won last year- Jordan Sparks is a bust.
    Somebody confiscate his man card...

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    somebody get rid of that Noriega kid...if he were in my school I'd feel like I had to punch him in the face...
    Amen! That guy (and I use the term loosely) has got to go.
    Are we there yet?

the only girl who was any good last night was the one singing the Carly Simon song-You're So Vain- with the guitar... the blonde...cant remember her name right now, must be too early in the AM still

Brooke White. She was the best last night- the only contestant that received unanimous praise from the judges. I hope she goes far, being LDS and all. I thought most of the women sounded awful, pitch problems all over the place and all the wrong song choices. I certainly have my favorites but I also try to look at who is marketable. What's her face that one last year isn't selling albums because IMHO she just isn't marketable. Blake Lewis is and should have won. Taylor Hicks that won the year before also isn't selling albums for the same reason plus he's just not that talented. Right now I'm not sure who, out of the women, is the most marketable. From the men side the front runner has got to be SLC's own David Archuleta. You can tell he's very marketable because every time his name is said or he's on stage the girls go screaming crazy. I think, at this point, it's his to lose.
    Are we there yet?