Check out this moose, it doesn't appear to be PhotoShopped:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rebel42...40653646/show/
    Are we there yet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    nice find
    I wonder how much I can get for the head j/k

That's not Photochopped. We have a few deer around here that are albino and some that have a great deal of white mixed in. I wonder if the Moose are like albino cats? A high percentage of them are deaf

Here is a pic!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    See you on the Trail

I have never seen a white moose, but I have seen a white black bear (or rather a "black bear" that was the color "white"). I have also seen a Glacier bear. Nature is just awesome!
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Definitely not photoshopped, it is the real deal. They've been seen in the wild in multiple places. I think this guy is in Wyoming somewhere, photographed this winter if it is the same one. Actually, agal. I believe she has a calf as well, brown coat though.

They aren't exactly albino's though. I may be wrong, but I've heard they are simply a very rare combination or recessive genes that sometimes produce white haired moose. Whereas true albino moose have terrible immune deficiencies and often die quickly. Normally, true albinos are characterized by their pink eyes.

Someone else may be able to correct me though, as these are just random things I've recalled from discussions like this in the past.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    They aren't exactly albino's though. I may be wrong, but I've heard they are simply a very rare combination or recessive genes that sometimes produce white haired moose. Whereas true albino moose have terrible immune deficiencies and often die quickly. Normally, true albinos are characterized by their pink eyes.

Someone else may be able to correct me though, as these are just random things I've recalled from discussions like this in the past.
    From what I've learned and I

Yep. There's a few of us Mighty Whitey's out there! I do believe that I'm paler than this fella if I took my shirt off at this time of year, though.
    "All roads, all codes!"

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I have never seen a white moose, but I have seen a white black bear (or rather a "black bear" that was the color "white"). I have also seen a Glacier bear. Nature is just awesome!
    There are white Black Bears in a small area around Terrace, British Columbia. Is this where you saw it, DiscGo? I looked for them last time there, but no luck. The photos show them to be beautiful animals.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

I saw the "white black bears" in the Yukon of Canada. My wife freaked out, because I pulled up next to it to get a picture. My wife was screaming at me to go (because she thought we were too close at 7 feet). I told her that I would go when she took the picture. I still have the picture somewhere, but it was a 3,200 mile drive I had just started and got my wife mad. Not the best move :D

I saw the glacier bear in Juneau Alaska. (It was the only Glacier bear ever discovered in Southeast Alaska, to my knowledge, and it walked right up to me. (I did not discover it, there had been several reports of it before I saw it).
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Great experiences, I'm sure. Never saw (or even heard of) them when we were in Yukon Territory.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Wow! How cool!
    We used to have white albino squirrels downtown in Mechanicsburg, PA
    back home. Penn State forestry campus has some white, albino whittail deer they keep and study.
    "Just waiting for a sip of that sweet Mojave rain"
    The Killers

A dead white moose was found up Logan Canyon last fall by a hunter if I remember right. Seems like they thought it died in a fall. Rare, but they seem to be around.
    Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

I saw that submitted on the News too. Very cool!