Thread: suzuki samurai

suzuki samurai

many of these do not have ac. hows hard/expensive is it to install ?
    signature

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I've only seen them in the Tin Top versions. Do you have the setup already or are you looking for the parts? I'm sure it would be a PIA to install with all the plumbing, but doable. The space is there for it, not sure of the wiring. The a/c units had a little button just to the left of the heater fan switch and to the right of the cool/heat selection.

PARTS

Have you had a Zuk for awhile, or did you just pick one up? Soft top or tintop? I have a soft top and for what it is, it's a great little machine. No a/c in it, but I cut the hinges so the doors remove like the Jeep. (and they're never on :D ) I found with the bikini top over my head, the heat of the day wasn't really that bad with the doors off unless the humidity was around 90+%. As long as it was moving

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    I've only seen them in the Tin Top versions. Do you have the setup already or are you looking for the parts? I'm sure it would be a PIA to install with all the plumbing, but doable. The space is there for it, not sure of the wiring. The a/c units had a little button just to the left of the heater fan switch and to the right of the cool/heat selection.

PARTS

Have you had a Zuk for awhile, or did you just pick one up? Soft top or tintop? I have a soft top and for what it is, it's a great little machine. No a/c in it, but I cut the hinges so the doors remove like the Jeep. I found with the bikini top over my head, the heat of the day wasn't really that bad with the doors off unless the humidity was around 90+%. As long as it was moving
    i am actually just helping a friend research. i have never had much use for ac in any vehicle i have owned, prefer the windows down or top off, but the heat of the mojave/sonoran is probably a little much to never have ac. & they look like neat l'il machines, good mileage and clearance, but not much haul space. i have always preferred cruisers though. esp the 4runner pre '89 w/ the removable hard top. sweeeeet.
    signature

Have him visit this site

ZUWHARRIE

Head under the Tech Section for Samurai's. Most people that have those units convert them to air compressors for airing up tires, running ARB lockers and things of that nature. It would be pretty interesting to see a write up on installing the a/c unit. That site is based out of North Carolina, but is one of the largest Online Zuk forums there is.

ROCKY MOUNTAIN EXTREME

This place may have a write up on it. It's out of Utah and it too has a wealth of info on it and of course you guys get a little more heat, so it maybe there.

Then this one, again, lot's of info:

SUZUKI OFF-ROAD

We had a ZUK, It was fun for a while
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    See you on the Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Scout Master
    We had a ZUK, It was fun for a while
    Yes they are

was talking to my friend in vegas about the samurai they went to see. do those things really barely do 65, and then only if they got a real good tail wind ?!? omg !
    signature

do those things really barely do 65
    No That is not true. Ours barley did 55.
    See you on the Trail