Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think the cars say about people?

Bogley BigShot

What do you think the cars say about people?

Article: Can't seem to catch the attention of that certain someone? You may be driving him or her away before you open your car door.

That's because your ride says more about you than you might imagine.

A man pulling up to a ritzy restaurant in a two-seater Porsche 911 (other-otc: PSEPF - news - people ) sends a signal that he is a determined, highly successful, middle-aged professional. The guy behind the wheel of an Audi RS4 sedan is confident shopping on Rodeo Drive and making deals on Park Avenue.

Note: To me it says he is effeminate and to avoid him like the plague!!! I bet Randi sees it a whole different way!

Women aren't exempt from scrutiny. A female in a Lexus RX 350 sport-utility vehicle is most likely a college-educated professional who is married with children. But the woman driving a Jaguar XF is a lover of luxury who is just as likely to be single or married.

I would never be caught dead in a Jaguar! I am a Land Rover/Jeep Wagoneer type - and I would much rather have a used one than a fancy new thing ---- but have to drive a minivan too which I have to admit is great for the long highway trips and I like a vehicle like this to be new ---a VCR makes trips breeze by.

"The XF is extremely modern," says Anne Clinard, a Jaguar North America spokeswoman. "It says that I am an individual who has a strong sense of self and appreciates the finer things in life. People know you have discerning tastes and that you are not afraid to stand out and drive something different than what your neighbors may drive."

To me that says spoiled, high maintenance, spends tons of money on clothes and beauty aids and probably even plastic surgery.

Behind The Brands
    Automakers like Jaguar know that a car is more than transportation for some; it is an extension of the driver's image.

That's why we turned to them to see what the market's most popular cars for men and women, according to J.D. Power and Associates, say about their drivers. Our findings come from automaker-supplied buyer demographics.

"This new generation of consumers looks at a vehicle as a piece of clothing," says Wesley Brown, partner in Iceology, a Los Angeles-based consumer research and trend consulting firm. "We have clients who say 'My BMW or Jeep is the last thing I put on before I go out.' They are concerned with the color of their iPod and spend $200 to $300 for cool-looking sunglasses."

Ah! Yes.. the JEEP! Tells me someone is natural in looks and tastes. They are down to earth and real.

What do you think some cars say about the person behind the wheel?

My Vehicle!

1991 Land Rover

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

mine often says "you sure we can get back up this?"
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Bogley BigShot
    A manly vehicle!!!

I'm not sure that my truck necessarily says much about me. The fact that I haven't washed it in a couple of years probably says a lot.

A big lifted American made truck with huge tires usually says that the driver is five foot nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide
    mine often says "you sure we can get back up this?"
    Another of denaliguide, descending the Flint Trail:

Yes, he can get back up it.

Mine says: "I like to explore."

And: "I need a winch. And a lift. And a chainsaw in the back. And... And... And..."

I prefer two wheels. . .

Bogley BigShot
    Manly Men!!! That's why I love this group!

Yeah.... It's got a Hemi!

Bogley BigShot
    That one says to me..

All that bright RED fits in with your favorite things!

I don't sleep with ugly women and I don't drive ugly cars.

And I prefer both to be a little on the fast side of things.....

Mine says I like extreme horsepower and style! This little baby packs 92hp, I can get her up to 90 on the freeway (going downhill). I also think the 13" rims say "Hey, I'm a true playa".

Seriously though, I think the message I'm giving here is "I'm a broke ass married man, keep away".

Mine looks like this except red and tinted back windows. Oh well, somebody here has to drive a POS right?

I'm with ya, Deathcricket.

I've got a '99 Sentra 4-door.

It does the hard job of alerting single nymphoids of my marital status.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Quote Originally Posted by LOAH
    It does the hard job of alerting single nymphoids of my marital status.

Yeah -- it has a Cummins (not some wheezing little Hemi).

I drive this thing because it's reliable (Diesel), economical (20 mpg), and safe while able to pull 17,000 pounds, climb tall buildings, and is wildly comfy.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    'Nuff said.