Thread: Partners this weekend

Partners this weekend

I'm headed out, probably for the roost, I could use a partner or a few (the ones I have now are 50/50 and I'm leaving tommorrow). Anybody interested in doin' a few canyons?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

what canyons are on in the docket? I'm tempted... I just worry about the exits from the roost with the big storms we've had.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    what canyons are on in the docket? I'm tempted... I just worry about the exits from the roost with the big storms we've had.
    Alcatraz is high on my list. I was planning on something in the roost saturday and then Ding/Dang or little wildhorse sunday; then something short monday morning, but I don't really care.

If there is a lot of snow, I'll go to plan B, what ever or where ever that is.

road conditions

Hey, just got back from the roost last weekend. We tried to descend Mindbender. It was full of snow. We struggled to get to the first rap lots of snow in the canyon. The roads are not bad at night when frozen but during the day they are really greasy!! Not for anything less than Awd or 4wd.
    Good luck.

Re: road conditions

Quote Originally Posted by mrabe1979
    Hey, just got back from the roost last weekend. We tried to descend Mindbender. It was full of snow. We struggled to get to the first rap lots of snow in the canyon. The roads are not bad at night when frozen but during the day they are really greasy!! Not for anything less than Awd or 4wd.
    Good luck.
    Hmm, thanks for the info, I guess today's storm doesn't help much....

All set, looks like we'll be in Moab!

Shoot, just barely realized I have monday off and that I should head down now.
    might try and meet up in moab, otherwise probably be in north wash if anyone heads down that way I'll be at sandthrax camp if i take that route.