Thread: Where is rockgremlin. . .

Where is rockgremlin. . .

Hey greyhair have you seen gremlin boy in town yet? Had him over for dinner? I see that he changed his location to Green River, Wy. Maybe he is out pulling pranks on the locals. . .

http://www.bogley.com/forum/profile....iewprofile&u=5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

He emailed me over the weekend. Said he is doing well, but he has no internet connection at home yet. Relearning the underground mining thing. Hope the transition goes smoothly.

How 'bout an update gremlin boy. Did you get the whole fam moved err what? Got a new crib yet? Waz the skinny?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    How 'bout an update gremlin boy. Did you get the whole fam moved err what? Got a new crib yet? Waz the skinny?
    The move was (and continues to be) a NIGHTMARE!!! The following is excerpted from a statement that we have prepared in preparation to file a formal claim against Uhaul:

[color=blue][i]1/25/08 Rented U-Haul through Advanced Automotive, 481 E Central, Monticello, UT 84535.

1/26/08 Loaded U-Haul at 297 E 100 North, Monticello, UT 84535. Departed for Green River, Wyoming via route given by U-Haul Reservations (according to shortest mileage): Hwy 191 North to I-70; I-70 East to Hwy 139; Hwy 139 North to Hwy 64; Hwy 64 West to Hwy 40; Hwy 40 West to Hwy 191 at Vernal Utah. U-Haul broke down at Vernal at approximately 11:00 pm. Called U-Haul Roadside Assistance, which called a local mechanic. 11:55 pm
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

My advice? Guns. They solve everything.

Seriously though, sorry man. What a pain the rear end. Hope it all works out.

Ouch. Best of luck.
    The gostak distims the doshes.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    My advice? Guns. They solve everything.

Seriously though, sorry man. What a pain the rear end. Hope it all works out.

Reminds me of a simpson's episode where Homer was using his pistol for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin

Hey Scott (or anyone else with legal experience in these matters) - got any advice?
    Read the fine print of the contract. There should be a part in it explaining dispute resolution, such as mediation, arbitration etc. If no such paragraph exists, then you are good to sue. Also, see if there is a paragraph or sentence regarding attorney's fees. Take it to small claims court where you are at since U-Haul is likely subject to every jurisdiction including the little obscure ones. Also, detailed notes are essential since memory fades. Keep all receipts and never give them the original of anything.

Bad deal man. I have always had good luck with U-haul.
    Life is Good

Oh that SUCKS man. Let me know if I can help at all. Your stuff is not still at the storage unit right?

Wow, I hope all goes well from here. Sorry to hear of your nightmare.

Our stuff is still in storage until we close on a house next month. Hopefully the ice on the floor will have thawed out by then.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

as a kid, whenever I had a similar problem my mom would say: "Don't worry, son. There's nothing so bad that it can't be fixed with a bottle of cheap Scotch and a couple of hookers." Or was that the old crusty guy who hung around the schoolyard? No matter - either way, it's terrific advice.

dont know how i missed this one but DAMN guy! that sucks. I wondered just what happened. If you need help with anything let me know.

ohhh I feel bad for you. We were going to use Uhaul when we moved recently & had a 26 ft truck booked.The night before the move, they emailed me & said we would have to pick it up at Delta,we were moving from Spanish Fork to Moab! no way were we about to drive that far to get it. So ended up with a smaller budget truck, couldn't fit everything in it, I will never use uhaul again, they are the pits to say the least. We are probrably not close enough to help but would if we could, we have a toy hauler you could have slept in it or somethin'