Thread: Canyon Rescue classes April

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar

Canyon Rescue classes April

I will be offering two Canyon Rescue classes in the month of April. The first in Escalante with Rick Green on April 12-13

http://www.excursionsofescalante.com...s/courses.html
    1-800-839-7567

and the second with Zion Adventure Company in Springdale, near Zion National Park April 26 and 27

http://www.zionadventures.com 435-772-0990

If you have always wondered why the accolytes push single rope technique so strongly, this is your chance to find out. This class is for competent canyoneers who wish to improve their rescue skills - in-canyon rescue skills for those stuck on rope or otherwise in need of assistance.

Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Canyon Rescue classes April

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia
    I will be offering two Canyon Rescue classes in the month of April.

the second with Zion Adventure Company in Springdale, near Zion National Park April 26 and 27

If you have always wondered why the accolytes push single rope technique so strongly, this is your chance to find out. This class is for competent canyoneers who wish to improve their rescue skills - in-canyon rescue skills for those stuck on rope or otherwise in need of assistance.

Tom
    I'll have to see if the park might help out on this one? If not I certainly will try to make it on my own.

Cost???? If there is one glaring weakness that is brighter than my other canyoneering glaring weaknesses, this is it. I would like to see what I could do to attend. Are the details posted some where? Also, you may want to consider a Friday - Saturday some time for us church goin' types. Tell me what the cost is and I may be able to round up a group of guys up here in happy valley.
    Life is Good

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar

Costs and timing

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    Cost???? If there is one glaring weakness that is brighter than my other canyoneering glaring weaknesses, this is it. I would like to see what I could do to attend. Are the details posted some where? Also, you may want to consider a Friday - Saturday some time for us church goin' types. Tell me what the cost is and I may be able to round up a group of guys up here in happy valley.
    Since no one has booked either course right now (that I know of), I think either could be moved to a 'Member Weekend' format (but then, I don't do the scheduling in either place). Especially if you are speaking for several students.

Cost is $ 350.00 for the two days at either place. Possibly negotiable for a group rate. (Negotiations on money are beyond my paygrade).

Tom