Thread: TOPO! National Geogrpahic

TOPO! National Geogrpahic

Hi!

I have the NG Topo! maps for AZ and UT and it used to be my fave "toy" lately, but after workig with it for weeks I now receive an error message right after trying to open it, saying "Microsoft Visual C Runtime Error"
    Any of you out there working with this program too and knowing what to do.
    I tried to find help by googling, but haven't really been successful!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling? Just make sure you back up you TPO and TPG files first.

I have copies of both TOPO!, MapSend, and MapSoure. I have decided I like Google Earth much better.
    I sent detailed maps of the entire state to my GPS. Now I use this site http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/gpsbabel/ (thanks again Udink) to convert my KML files to .upt's then xfer to my SDcard.
    What I am getting at here .... is there a disadvantage to creating waypoints in google earth compared to other Topo programs?

[/hijack]

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    I have copies of both TOPO!, MapSend, and MapSoure. I have decided I like Google Earth much better.
    I sent detailed maps of the entire state to my GPS. Now I use this site http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/gpsbabel/ (thanks again Udink) to convert my KML files to .upt's then xfer to my SDcard.
    What I am getting at here .... is there a disadvantage to creating waypoints in google earth compared to other Topo programs?

[/hijack]
    Can you get topo maps of Google Earth? TOPO rocks because you can make actual usable maps from it. Google earth sucks at that.

Jolly:

I agree with Iceaxe. Back up all your favorite areas that you have and reinstall.

You can also check for any microsoft updates too. don't know for sure if there are any though.

Summit42:

When you say that you have sent detailed maps to your gps, do you mean better than the 1:100,000 that you get with mapsource? I have mapsource topo USA 2008 and all i get is 1:100,000 with it. i can get 1:24,000 from mapsource but only in the nat. parks.

i have utah, arizona and alaska for nat. geo and think it a great program. having the ability to create you own maps with custom symbols is a huge bonus imho. its much better than the maptech or delorme programs that are gathering dust on my shelf.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Reinstall and it will fix things. Yeah its a PIA.

I am part of the Beta program for TOPO Explorer.
    This is the next gen of Topo. Think Topo meets Google Earth.

Go here if you are interested. http://topo.com/
    Not sure if they are letting any more users in the program.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

[quote="RedMan"]Reinstall and it will fix things. Yeah its a PIA.

[quote]

What means PIA?

I did reinstall the program, but it didn't help.
    I also already updated Microsoft...