Thread: The Good Food Blog .COM

The Good Food Blog .COM

I put my food blog live last night. I will be posting recipes, food adventures and what not. Check back often and subscribe. Should be fun. First order of business, homemade crepes.

Check it out: TheGoodFoodBlog.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

MMMMM that cream cheese filling looks really good.

I don't want to out myself as a dummy but I can't find a subscribe button anywhere.
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    I don't want to out myself as a dummy but I can't find a subscribe button anywhere.
    Yeah, I'll have to make it more prominent. It is at the bottom:

http://thegoodfoodblog.com/feed/
    http://thegoodfoodblog.com/comments/feed/

I have another delicious desert ready to post tonight.

I'm down w/ the Hawaiian BBQ meals. Man, looking at those pics is making me hungry.

So when are you going to post photos of the awesome chow from Lanakai Grill in SoJo? They're located on 106th South, around 10th West on the north side of the street.

Where are these other 2 places located?
    "All roads, all codes!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman70
    I'm down w/ the Hawaiian BBQ meals. Man, looking at those pics is making me hungry.

So when are you going to post photos of the awesome chow from Lanakai Grill in SoJo? They're located on 106th South, around 10th West on the north side of the street.

Where are these other 2 places located?
    I think a coworker told me about that place and yes I must try it now. The best place that I have found is L&L downtown. I rated it a 4/5 and Matiki a 3/5. How do you find them? Remember, google is your friend.

Bogley BigShot
    I think you only have food and pretty women on your mind Scott.

Acca,

Can't say that I can 'rate' the competition as I've not eaten at the other 2 places you mentioned, but Lanakai Grill would receive 4 outta 5 stars from me!

Awesome sticky rice, tender and flavorful teriyaki chicken, excellent garlic beef and a Kahlua pork to die for! They also do Katsu chicken, salads, fish, and have powdered fry bread for dessert.

Definately worth a try!
    "All roads, all codes!"

Re: The Good Food Blog .COM

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    I put my food blog live last night. I will be posting recipes, food adventures and what not. Check back often and subscribe. Should be fun. First order of business, homemade crepes.

Check it out: TheGoodFoodBlog.com
    The banana peeled live got me going. I got a flyer in the mail yesterday from Peregrine Outfitters. Seems that they sell Banana Cases for backpackers now! Nice plastic cases "clamshell" in the shape of bananas. Can I take orders for these jewells over bogely.com?

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    I think you only have food and pretty women on your mind Scott.
    Not Celine, she needs FOOD, hence TheGoodFoodBlog.com

Acca,

Can't say that I can 'rate' the competition as I've not eaten at the other 2 places you mentioned, but Lanakai Grill would receive 4 outta 5 stars from me!

Awesome sticky rice, tender and flavorful teriyaki chicken, excellent garlic beef and a Kahlua pork to die for! They also do Katsu chicken, salads, fish, and have powdered fry bread for dessert.

Definately worth a try!
    Hey Moose, I tried Lanakai the other day. Didn't snap a photo (been a little busy lately), but it was damn good and I will be back fo sho.

Right on! I knew you'd enjoy it. Did you have the Lanakai mix plate? The one w/ the beef, chicken, & pork? Man, just thinking about that is making me hungry.

Maybe I'll go have lunch there on Friday. Mmmmmm.......Lanakai Grill.
    "All roads, all codes!"

Right on! I knew you'd enjoy it. Did you have the Lanakai mix plate? The one w/ the beef, chicken, & pork? Man, just thinking about that is making me hungry.

Maybe I'll go have lunch there on Friday. Mmmmmm.......Lanakai Grill.
    Yep. Sure did.

Ahh yeah!!

2nd attempt at the crepes came out good. Wifey was very impressed when I served her breakfast in bed. My 19 month son (pictured) also thought they were spiffalicious.

They are a different color cause all I had was natural "unbleached" flour. So they look more like breakfast burritos. So I definately get -1 in the presentation, but +1 in the health section. Also didnt have any powdered sugar so went with some organic brown sugar cane. Wife is a bit of a health nut. :) But they still tasted hella good.

I also had a little trouble cooking the top portion while it was sitting in the pan. And then it was so thin I had trouble flipping it. I probably had the heat set at the wrong setting so that is why it didnt cook? Anyways, I just ended up getting a 2nd pan on the other burner and flipped it into that, LOL.

So being the nerd I am, I made them "wolverine style" which is 3 claws of apple coming out the front. I was surprised at how filling they were, I could finish 2 but not 3.

Anyways, great recipe. It was easy enough for a noob like me to get in 2 shots. If you would like a suggestion, I would volunteer something like a pdf easy to print format option.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Awesome! I might make some tonight. I have used a few different crepe makers. They are much easier then a pan. I need to find a model that I used to have, forget the brand. I bought one at bed bath and beyond a couple months ago and took it back. It didn't seem to distribute the heat well. Here are a few and even a cordless model: http://www.kitchenemporium.com/cgi-b...epe_maker.html

I think I had a model similar to this and it worked really well:

This is the model that I didn't like:

Anyway, I need to order another good one.

Funny I just made crepes last night for my kiddos. I just watched the crepe vendors in Paris everyday for a couple of weeks while i was there and figured it out. I don't have a special crepe pan at all. I just use my Caphalon round griddle style pan. I cook on a gas stove. The trick for me is to lightly grease the pan with a drop of butter and it should be on med/high heat, pre-heated. Cook each side for 2 minutes. I just flip my crepes with a spatula and it's pretty easy. I do Nutella and bananas for filling, powdered sugar and good old whipped cream. Man............takes me back to wandering the streets of Paris. Try Limon et Sucre (Lemon and sugar)......simple but good. HAVE FUN COOKING!!!! I LOVE IT. Check out allrecipes.com too for decent ideas. I'm a nerd and have a profile on there.