Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spinning class or, 'I gotta stay in riding shape'

spinning class or, 'I gotta stay in riding shape'

Hey, has anybody been doing a spin class this winter? I've been a bit out of it on here and I cant seem to find any threads on it but a few weeks ago I started a spin class up at our rec center. I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised. A good hard workout if you make it one, one hour non stop...
    ...soryy, no pictures although I think I might take a camera next & see if anyone minds.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    I can see the women smacking you in the head already.

I need to get back at it. I was in really good shape last riding season. With the sun out the last couple days it has made me ponder putting down the mtn dew. I have never been one that enjoys the gym. It has to be outdoors doing something that I enjoy to get the exercise. "real exercise" I guess. Good for you for getting after it.

The class has been great really. I've even had a few guys show from my MTB club, although the first two classes I was in the minority....only male...not bad odds really!
    One of the instructors is a friend of mine but she's trying to kick my butt - in the saddle -
    I should be in fighting shape within the month.

Ya I've actually been teaching a spin class myself since Jan. 2nd this year. I've been really consistent with weights at the gym this year too. I'm not expecting to win the first race on March 1, but by the second one March 30, I plan on being on top of the game. Sorry I didn't go to Moab with you, I had a terrible cold to recover from. I'm planning on hitting St. George with Shagster on President's day weekend. We'll be sure to get some pictures of the beautiful 50-60 degree weather!

had a bit of a learning curve with the spinning bike. When it came time to do the first 'jumps' I instinctively 'jumped', literally...about flew right off the bike!...no freewheel and a 43# wheel doesnt just stop...
    I've got a couple classes this week before I go back on graves Thursday...although I think Tanya is right about the camera

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyLover
    Ya I've actually been teaching a spin class myself since Jan. 2nd this year. I've been really consistent with weights at the gym this year too. I'm not expecting to win the first race on March 1, but by the second one March 30, I plan on being on top of the game. Sorry I didn't go to Moab with you, I had a terrible cold to recover from. I'm planning on hitting St. George with Shagster on President's day weekend. We'll be sure to get some pictures of the beautiful 50-60 degree weather!
    Looking forward to the pics - have another spin class tonight at 6 & then one tomorrow

Gotta love sping class, I have been training off season attending spin classes for 2 years now, I love it. Also I have been playing raquetball 4-5 times a week for the past 6 months what a great workout.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

yes, the class can be gruelling, but thats what you make of it. Last nights' was all strenght conditioning....whew! not easy with a broken rib. It was a spinning/power abs class and I had to pass on the abs part! Todays' is at 4:30 and I can hardly wait....and NO I'm not taking pictures, although I did get requests to see pics of the Moab trip...always representin'

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    yes, the class can be gruelling, but thats what you make of it. Last nights' was all strenght conditioning....whew! not easy with a broken rib. It was a spinning/power abs class and I had to pass on the abs part! Todays' is at 4:30 and I can hardly wait....and NO I'm not taking pictures, although I did get requests to see pics of the Moab trip...always representin'
    Come on, I wan't to see some Sexy pics of ya doing some abs... Gotta stay warm some how with you all the way up in BFE, I mean Wy. Jk. One a serious note, I just want to RIDE!!! and it is snowing right now. DAMN!!

YES! another gruelling class tonight. Anyone that says this is a silly way of working out has never tried it!
    ...now I have to go on graves tomorrow and will miss 5 days - DAMN!

....note to self: don't do an ab workout thinking that a broken rib wont matter....not again... yeah, go ahead and laugh

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    ....note to self: don't do an ab workout thinking that a broken rib wont matter....not again... yeah, go ahead and laugh

Ok- I could'nt stand it anymore...I had to get out and ride just a little...and DAMN...it was cold!
    ....these pictures kinda suck from my cellphone but they tell the tale.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Oh hell yer nutz. Wait, I knew that.

Wade you are one crazy MF'r but hell at least you are riding!!

Good for you. Around here about the only exercise I'm getting is in the rec center weight room. Feels good to get back into the gym again. All of my muscles that lay dormant for the past 20 months are starting to grow again.

.....gotta look good for another Zion thong photoshoot ya know?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Oh hell yer nutz. Wait, I knew that.
    He's not the only one still riding. This may well be my first 100 mile week commuting twice and riding once again over the weekend. Mid-20's or higher and no red air is good enough for me.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Well now that Im off for a few days Im a gettin out and ridin a bit.....but I still have two spin classes this week to fit in in between.
    ...and a MASSAGE to day at ten.....WAHOO!

Hey lefty...I got a surprise last night when I went to the class. I got asked if Id consider becoming an instructor...I thought they were joking at first . I guess certification starts after school gets out in may/june. To be honest I am actually thinking about it. They'd be totally flexible with my schedule and shop hours. What's been your experience with your classes?
    ...I did the class this morning too, and stayed for the 'pump n flex' class after...glutton for punishment I know but I AM going to be in killer shape before my cruise here in April...