View Poll Results: What makes someone of the opposite sex attractive?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • They find you attractive and that's most important to you. They make you feel good and sexy.

1 5.56%
  • They have a great personality and you love to be with them and that is what is attractive to you.

9 50.00%
  • They are athletic and that is so sexy!

1 5.56%
  • They just seem to live and think sex and that drive you crazy!

2 11.11%
  • They are VERY masculine or feminine and that feeds your desire for them.

1 5.56%
  • They wear sexy clothing all the time and you love it.

0 0%
  • They look good nakad. I don't care about the face. It's all about the body.

1 5.56%
  • Their face is attractive which is what I am attracted to. I don't care that much about the body as long as its okay.

1 5.56%
  • They look like me (only of the opposite sex) which is what I find attractive in a person.

0 0%
  • They don't intimidate me, but still look okay. I don't want someone that everyone is chasing.

2 11.11%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What makes a man or woman attractive?

You mean to tell me that people are not always the same in person compared to the interwebs? Preposterous. . .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    I think on the net we actually say a lot more about ourselves than we do to those around us. I can't imagine the locals ladies here knowing anything about me at all! --- but those in this group actually know quite a bit.

I use to talk on messenger A LOT! --- and told people more than I have ever told anyone.

But I agree with what you are saying too --- people on the net are not only the person that they want to project but they are also the person that we feel they are projecting. It's an odd place to be!

You and Justin, however, were exactly like I thought you would be.

By the way... do you know where that 'mugs' thread is?

You know, Tanya and everybody, I think it would be way cool if Abby and I could meet some of you one of these days. T, if we ever get to Zion, could we come by? Do you think you'd recognize us if we walked in?

(It's easier for you Utahites than for us in the nether regions. I only touch beehive soil two or three times a year.)

Bogley BigShot
    Of course you can come by. Just stop at the Thunderbird. Someone there always knows where I am at. I usually post where I am hiking each week too and you are always welcome to join us!

As for knowing you if you walk in.... I am so bad with faces! I can talk to someone for an hour and not know them next time I see them.

It's easier to rule out certain characteristics...fat, ugly, stupid, stuck-up, high maintenance, lazy, humorless, unsociable, etc, etc...than to define those that turn me on. I'd say it is a combination of the positives and an absence of the negatives. You're right, Tanya, she has to look good in the end.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    It's easier to rule out certain characteristics...fat, ugly, stupid, stuck-up, high maintenance, lazy, humorless, unsociable, etc, etc...than to define those that turn me on. I'd say it is a combination of the positives and an absence of the negatives. You're right, Tanya, she has to look good in the end.

Good Point!

But I do like those ugly, unsociable characters. I could live without these though: stupid, stuck-up, high maintenance, lazy, humorless

A big bruiser that keeps to himself is rather attractive to me.

Hot in my unshowered hiking hair?

Yup, I'm neanderthal. In fact, I joke about my neanderthal brow frequently! I can see what you mean, Tanya, about the similar neanderthal-esqueness about some of us on here. Alex, 'beech, and yeah, Dan too. Solid strong features, nothing "fine" about them. Your discussion of that type of face cracks me up. And I've been thinking that my hair needs to be more brush-cut than it is - kind of like Alex's in that photo you posted.

By the way, I wonder whether that shot of 'beech with his Jeep is hiding a mullet...

About the online personalities vs real life, Tanya and I talked about that a bit when we visited last fall. Tanya was much quieter in real life than I had expected. I only hope I was less of an opinionated asshole than I am on here...

Richard, I'd say drop by when you're through Mt. Carmel Junction. Tanya's incredibly nice and a pleasure to visit with. And the T-bird Lodge is a lovely place to stay!!! I'll bet that she'd recognize you if you showed up.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    Hot in my unshowered hiking hair?

VERY!

Yup, I'm neanderthal. In fact, I joke about my neanderthal brow frequently! I can see what you mean, Tanya, about the similar neanderthal-esqueness about some of us on here. Alex, 'beech, and yeah, Dan too. Solid strong features, nothing "fine" about them. Your discussion of that type of face cracks me up. And I've been thinking that my hair needs to be more brush-cut than it is - kind of like Alex's in that photo you posted.

Yes, I would LOVE your hair like that!

By the way, I wonder whether that shot of 'beech with his Jeep is hiding a mullet...

About the online personalities vs real life, Tanya and I talked about that a bit when we visited last fall. Tanya was much quieter in real life than I had expected. I only hope I was less of an opinionated asshole than I am on here...

You were great, but we spent little time together. It's sort of scary being in a hotel room alone with a handsome man when your hubby is the GM and has a key to all the rooms . I am quiet. I am more of a touch-er than talker.

Richard, I'd say drop by when you're through Mt. Carmel Junction. Tanya's incredibly nice and a pleasure to visit with. And the T-bird Lodge is a lovely place to stay!!! I'll bet that she'd recognize you if you showed up.

It's easier to rule out certain characteristics...fat, ugly, stupid, stuck-up, high maintenance, lazy, humorless, unsociable, etc, etc...
    I see you have met my ex-girlfriend..... Crazy Tish the Dish.

Well... exceot for the fat and ugly part... One day I'll have to tell the story about Crazy Tish trying to run me down with a car...

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    It's easier to rule out certain characteristics...fat, ugly, stupid, stuck-up, high maintenance, lazy, humorless, unsociable, etc, etc...
    I see you have met my ex-girlfriend..... Crazy Tish the Dish.

Well... exceot for the fat and ugly part... One day I'll have to tell the story about Crazy Tish trying to run me down with a car...

Go ahead... we are listening

Crazy Tish trying to run me down with a car...
    Depending on her other qualities, it may be worth getting run over.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Why can't a woman understand men? Tell me how it really is then.
    I want a beer and I want to see something naked....

Depending on her other qualities, it may be worth getting run over.
    She had an ass that would bring tears to your eyes..... still not worth it.

That chick was a few fries short of a happy meal.

Bogley BigShot
    I want a beer and I want to see something naked....

Okay .. here is at least half of your wish.

Different attributes are attractive in women for different reasons...dont mean to state the obvious but physical attraction will only get you so far. I love a woman who is not afraid to be herself with you - confident, strong, funny definitely, personable...athletic...a woman who takes care of hersef...all very attractive qualities in the right mix. I have a number of women friends that are very attractive and none of them are even remotely alike. I will say though that the thought of long dark hair, smokey dark eyes and a beautiful smile are wonderful to look at...the smell of freshness in their hair, the natural scent from the back of the ear/neck region...need I go on??

nelsonccc?!!??!!

Bogley BigShot
    I see you have a serious relationship going here.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Different attributes are attractive in women for different reasons...dont mean to state the obvious but physical attraction will only get you so far. I love a woman who is not afraid to be herself with you - confident, strong, funny definitely, personable...athletic...a woman who takes care of hersef...all very attractive qualities in the right mix. I have a number of women friends that are very attractive and none of them are even remotely alike. I will say though that the thought of long dark hair, smokey dark eyes and a beautiful smile are wonderful to look at...the smell of freshness in their hair, the natural scent from the back of the ear/neck region...need I go on??
    I know your type too.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    You will never understand.... it's a guy thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya
    Girl!! Are you serious??? I don't think women will ever FULLY understand men anymore than men will ever FULLY understand women. Oh - they say they do, but it's not true. I think the only way women will ever be able to fully understand men is to grow a penis......after all, that's what most men think with anyway.

I think I'll pass.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I know your type too.

Ahhh...you're not too far off Tanya. ....in fact, one of my friends is a hula dancer (named Tawny)...yes, beautiful...dark hair, deep pools for eyes...infectious smile. BUT, if I couldnt get to know the personality behind the looks it would be short lived lust. I want to fall in love with a womans' mind. No amount of good looks can cover up a creep for a personality