View Poll Results: What makes someone of the opposite sex attractive?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • They find you attractive and that's most important to you. They make you feel good and sexy.

1 5.56%
  • They have a great personality and you love to be with them and that is what is attractive to you.

9 50.00%
  • They are athletic and that is so sexy!

1 5.56%
  • They just seem to live and think sex and that drive you crazy!

2 11.11%
  • They are VERY masculine or feminine and that feeds your desire for them.

1 5.56%
  • They wear sexy clothing all the time and you love it.

0 0%
  • They look good nakad. I don't care about the face. It's all about the body.

1 5.56%
  • Their face is attractive which is what I am attracted to. I don't care that much about the body as long as its okay.

1 5.56%
  • They look like me (only of the opposite sex) which is what I find attractive in a person.

0 0%
  • They don't intimidate me, but still look okay. I don't want someone that everyone is chasing.

2 11.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What makes a man or woman attractive?

Bogley BigShot

What makes a man or woman attractive?

There are a lot of tests out these days with altered faces. For me on these tests I always choose the male face that is the most masculine. That is what is attractive to me and what I think should be attractive to all females. What I don't understand is why some females go for the less masculine looking face - like Prince, Jackson, etc... I have always said I like the big ugly types. That would be the more masculine --- more cave man looking -- more natural --- ! It's not the more model looking type at all, but the ones that are as far from what I would consider feminine as possible.

I have always wondered why some men try and look feminine? Is it to attract those types of women who do not want the more masculine type of man? Why else would a man wear jewelry, earrings, wear their hair so styled instead of a shorter more masculine cut, etc... I know the trend today is to get men to wear pink, to embrace their more feminine side and such, but why!!!!! Do women really want this?

On the other side of the coin, why do women try and look masculine? What is 'looking masculine?' I detest long fingernails, overly painted faces, lipstick, tons of jewelry, plastic surgery and fancy clothes. Does this make me less feminine than those that wear and do those things? Is the athletic woman who is toned and muscular more feminine than women who look nice (and lacking lots of muscle) but use artificial things like high heels and clothes to give a desired appearance? Do men really get into skinny women with fake breasts and nose jobs or does it not matter as long as the woman looks good in the end?

If a man is large, tall and or muscular are they more comfortable with an athletic woman? Are shorter, unfit, skinny or fat men intimidated by those kind of women and thus look for something who is less threatening to them? Do some women want big strong men because they feel less feminine and thus try and find the most extreme male types they can? Thoughts?

Or is it none of that and how a woman or man acts that matters?

A Face Test
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbo...aceperception1
    /

More...
    What makes a man attractive according to science
    Curiously enough, there seems to be emerging a single standard of beauty for men today: a hypermasculine, muscled, powerfully shaped body--the Soloflex man. It's an open question whether that standard will become as punishing for men as has women's superthin standard.
    http://www.medicinenet.com/script/ma...ticlekey=35038

What makes a woman attractive according to science
    Previously, waist-to-hip ratio was thought of as the attraction factor - but these researchers conclude that "BMI is even more critical, accounting for 75 per cent of body attractiveness." What's more being over this figure is "more attractive" than being under.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/connected...cnbeauty04.xml

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

All of the above.

I just like women.

Bogley BigShot
    We already know that you are attacted to just about anything female....

..So ladies.....

Does that make Shane much less attractive to you?

For me it does. I like men that are far more selective and go for exactly what they want.

There are lots of beautiful women in the world, and I'll probably never tire of watching them - it's fun and harmless. But the thing I find most attractive and compelling about the woman I love is that Abby looks and sounds and smells like home to me. I was thinking about that this morning after my alarm had gone off and I hit the snooze button so I could have nine more minutes in her arms - that there was no other place that I would rather be. It's a mystery of human chemistry, but it is what it is. She is home.

Bogley BigShot
    Speaking of men's hair....

I went up to Cirrus's hotel room one night to say hi quickly since we had never met... he had not showered yet and looked HOT!!! His hair was a mess and he had been out hiking for days.

I left, went to belly dance. Then came back to again say hi for a few minutes and he had showered and combed it. Dang! I really liked the natural look.

Alex has a very masculine hair cut. I love it! He also has that neanderthal type of face. (which is odd since modern man in not related to neanderthal but women love that look?)

Sombeech and Kevin also have that same type of face. Justin use to have that same sort of cut and it looked masculine. That masculine look goes a long way!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Would be hard for me to vote on ONE of those options only. It's a combination of things. For me I married my best friend. Of course she is hot and I was very attracted to her, but not just her body. Sure any guy likes a hot looking girl, but that is lust, not love. It wears off after like what 30 seconds. A strong healthy friendship/partnership can last forever.

neanderthal? is that a compliment?

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Would be hard for me to vote on ONE of those options only. It's a combination of things. For me I married my best friend. Of course she is hot and I was very attracted to her, but not just her body. Sure any guy likes a hot looking girl, but that is lust, not love. It wears off after like what 30 seconds. A strong healthy friendship/partnership can last forever.

I know most of you are young and thinking wife, family, kids -- this is forever. But - consider! Right now you are in your child making phase of life! What you are chosing is a mother and a companion for life.

Now think.... you are a little older. All your kids are raised. Your wife is gone.

What do you want in a woman --- ! This has nothing at all to do with kids or staying with her for the rest of your life so personalities have to mesh and all that.

What really is attractive to you. There is usually something that you look for beyond all other things and even if you go out and have sex that lust goes away quickly when it's not there. Some men have a foot fetish, other have ... whatever, but there is usually something.

BTW. . .nice ad at the bottom.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    neanderthal? is that a compliment?

Oh YEAH! And I did think of you when I said it.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron
    There are lots of beautiful women in the world, and I'll probably never tire of watching them - it's fun and harmless. But the thing I find most attractive and compelling about the woman I love is that Abby looks and sounds and smells like home to me. I was thinking about that this morning after my alarm had gone off and I hit the snooze button so I could have nine more minutes in her arms - that there was no other place that I would rather be. It's a mystery of human chemistry, but it is what it is. She is home.

But if she were gone. What would you look for in another woman?

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    All of the above.

I just like women.

Even you must look for a certain things that make you go WOW! --- when other women just make you go... oh wow!

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Even you must look for a certain things that make you go WOW! --- when other women just make you go... oh wow!
    We talking short term as in "gosh, I'd like to lay on top of you and gaze into your eyes".... or we talking long term as in "gosh, can we go this again and again and again"?

Different things about different women trip my trigger.... but honestly, if a woman expects to go long term with me she had better be blessed with a great sense of humor, a laid back personality and a party on attitude.

I'm young for my age, or that just may be a case of chronic immaturity... I can't say for sure.

But if she were gone. What would you look for in another woman?
    It is painful to think about Abby being gone. Often I can't. I guess I will just cross that bridge if I ever come to it.

To help answer your question about attractiveness, though, I guess you could say that I look for the following: bright, intelligent eyes; soft-looking hair, long or short; soft, slender hands and feet; fair skin (usually); an honest smile that comes as much from the eyes as the mouth; a neck that has a certain kissable look. Those are all visual cues - almost immediately I start listening, since looks are only the surface. I listen for intelligent, independent thought, ideas that make sense, humour that makes me laugh. And of course I discard all of that if she isn't interested in me.

Abby has all that, of course. And more. Much of how she attracts me is ethereal, ineffable, even mysterious.

Bogley BigShot
    We talking short term as in "gosh, I'd like to lay on top of you and gaze into your eyes".... or we talking long term as in "gosh, can we go this again and again and again"?

Different things about different women trip my trigger.... but honestly, if a woman expects to go long term with me she had better be blessed with a great sense of humor, a laid back personality and a party on attitude.

I'm young for my age, or that just may be a case of chronic immaturity... I can't say for sure.

I have always wondered what makes you tick and wondered is your comments on the net are just that or if its the real you. It seems to be the real you.

I would not say you are immature or young for your age.

You are different from many in here I am sure. You married a stripper and brag about it and I can't see you spending your Sunday's in church and reading the bible at night. It's all about what makes us happy and you do what makes you happy just like others do. There is nothing wrong with that! You seem to be a happy man. :)

As for what you like in women it seems clear that you just like most attractive women and most of all a woman that not only lets you do what you enjoy but joins you in doing it most of the time.

Did I get that all right or am I off base?

Bogley BigShot
    It is painful to think about Abby being gone. Often I can't. I guess I will just cross that bridge if I ever come to it.

To help answer your question about attractiveness, though, I guess you could say that I look for the following: bright, intelligent eyes; soft-looking hair, long or short; soft, slender hands and feet; fair skin (usually); an honest smile that comes as much from the eyes as the mouth; a neck that has a certain kissable look. Those are all visual cues - almost immediately I start listening, since looks are only the surface. I listen for intelligent, independent thought, ideas that make sense, humour that makes me laugh. And of course I discard all of that if she isn't interested in me.

Abby has all that, of course. And more. Much of how she attracts me is ethereal, ineffable, even mysterious.
    So like most of us, you like someone that appears similar to yourself.

So like most of us, you like someone that appears similar to yourself.
    Well, not exactly. Abby was not the first woman I loved deeply. The others didn't look like Abby at all, but had those same characteristics. For example, when I say "bright, intelligent eyes," I don't mean blue or green eyes, but eyes that are expressive and convey the light that is inside.

K: from the late 1980s, she had super-dark hair and wore glasses. Tall like Abby, but bigger-boned, of Czech stock.

P: in 1992 I was crazy for her for a while. She was a quarter Cherokee, so she was dark-complexioned, and was tiny in stature, just 5' 2" and might have weighed 100 pounds soaking wet.

M: by 1997, I was seeing her. She was also small, but a little rounder. She had really dark hair too, and pearl-black eyes.

You've all seen pictures of my wife, and she doesn't look much like these women from my past. Maybe the most attractive thing about my wife, even from before we were dating, was the way we looked at each other. There is some kind of communication that goes beyond conversation or physical features that calls each other to us.

You are different from many in here I am sure. You married a stripper and brag about it

My wife was not really a stripper..... but what makes my wife special is she will laugh her ass off when I show this to her.

My wife was a sweet, young, innocent thing until she met me and I corropted her.

You are so far off base it's hilarious.... you are not even in the correct zip code.

You will never understand.... it's a guy thing....

Bogley BigShot
    The men I have been with over the years do not look alike either, but they all have that one thing in common.... they have a VERY masculine appearance. They have been various sizes, heights, musculature, but all very masculine. So... at least for me there is one thing that all men that I have found very attractive have in common.

I guess though that it's not the same with others.

Bogley BigShot
    You are different from many in here I am sure. You married a stripper and brag about it

My wife was not really a stripper..... but what makes my wife special is she will laugh her ass off when I show this to her.

My wife was a sweet, young, innocent thing until she met me and I corropted her.

You are so far off base it's hilarious.... you are not even in the correct zip code.

You will never understand.... it's a guy thing....

Why can't a woman understand men? Tell me how it really is then.