Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Farmington Bay Eagles

Guys,
    This is a terrible photo, but it's just to give you an idea of how many eagles are actually out at the bay. I count over 20 eagles just hanging out! Today should be great:)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by kris247
    Oh man, I wish I had been playing Contra
    Me too!

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right-B-A-B-A-Select-Start

James

Artistic try for today

Lastly, I coulnt help myself, a inspirational one.

I got more to follow, I took almost 1000 shots today

Nice stuff waltny I had my car all loaded up and ready to go, looked at the crappy overcast skies in Utah County, and decided to do some hiking down here instead. About 3, all the clouds had burned off, blue skies all around, and I wished I was up there... Crap. How was the light today? I might try and get up there Sunday if I can. I just don't want to drive up there if there isn't going to be blue skies... I know, I'm weak.

Also, how did the opportunities compare to last time I was up there? The eagles still pretty close?

The ligthing wasnt that bad at all today, IM sure even as you know with it being slightly over cast your still in the F8ish range and still at 1/2000 with all the snow out there. The mistake I made was wearing the cheap sunglasses I bought at the one of the bizzars overseas. They were too dark, as were most of my shots.
    Anyhow, the sky opened up around 3ish and things got really good. The eagles were everywhere. Had Keith stuck around to bail me out if anything happened I would have ventured out on the ice even further than I did today....
    Its looking like tomorrow will be more of the same and from what Ive heard its nearing the end of this years run.
    Another shot...

Yes, I was starting to get excited about the light improving... I wanted to stay until sunset... but it was not meant to be.

Here is a shot with a blue vignette... let me know what you think.

My wife and I made it up yesterday, too. I rented a big ol' lens from Pictureline, but my crappy little tripod couldn't handle the weight of the lens, so I ended up shooting handheld. (400mm + Handheld == blur).

I managed to get a few decent shots, but nothing as good as you guys are getting.

Kieth you would be hard pressed to make me believe that the 300 didnt have something to do with the crispness and detail of that shot, or are you going to tell me it was shot with the 40X?

Alright, I'm convinced. I'm coming up there this afternoon. I'll be there around 2. Green Xterra, if anyone wants to hang.

Great stuff guys.

IM hoping to head out there in the next hour or so myself.

Here is one I like to call the farmington bay stomp

Oh God, please make sure this stuff isn't slippery

The uninvited guest....

Good shootin' with y'all. Today Tim, Keith, Kris, and myself enjoyed the eagles. Not as active as last time I was up there, but definitely another beautiful day. I ventured down to the owl lot as well, here is an appeteaser.

Great shot

Nice shot of the owl Dan. I'm glad he came out for you:) Here are a couple from yesterday, just cropped and slight levels adjustment. Let me know what you all think