Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: n00bfest June 6-8th 2008 in Zion National Park

We will do our best to join in!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I am in with wives or without. But if without wives and Springdale.....can I watch?

Quote Originally Posted by skianddive

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    I guess this means all my friends are now officialy out of jail. That's weird, huh...
    Yup, just got out on Monday for that trumped up libel charge from my posts on the ACA Forum.

I sure hope you guys here are more forgiving.
    What did you get busted for over on ACA forums? Although we are more forgiving here, I should warn you that pictures here without helmets may result in citations if the helmet cops catch you. (I've received at least 3 tickets )

By the way, I like your avatar
    nat smale

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc
    What about another UUtah Zion trip? Maybe some canyon with a little more meat? I'm willing to help out and plan as needed since it's my neck of the woods. I'm thinking May, 3-4 day's over the weekend. I wouldn't mind getting back into Kolob or Imlay. Maybe ,boundary, or if we end up with a newer crowd i'm game for some 'easier' canyons.
    Sounds kinda fun, but I see May in Zion being a little dicey this year. Too early to tell, but it might be a short season in Z, with all this snow.

Chris, you sure you can handle me again? I'm not convinced I can handle you...

BTW, you going to put on a Mexico fest or what? That's what I really want in on.
    You can definately handle me, it's whether or not i can handle you. You get the good with the bad. May, June, or July, hell I don't care, lets just do it.

Regarding Mexico, we were starting to look into it, but I think we are going to do it every other year. We intially only had about 4 peope who wanted to go. I'm game to go and I know Cody is game to go again. We'd need about another 5-6 to really have a good group. I'm willing to go again this year if we can round up enough people, but i feel since i was there last year that the canyons are an every other year experience. Cody and I will organize if their are people interested.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc
    What about another UUtah Zion trip?
    Dude.... I still have nightmares concerning the last Zion trip.

I don't know whose ass that it is but damn it's pretty nice. Nice truck too. We should require all UUtah canyon fest attendees to wear a grey banana hammock.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I might be able to help with a noob fest if it's in March and works with my schedule. I'm off the 6th - 12th.

If anything happened on the weekend of April 5/6 I might be able to stop by for a little bit, especially on Saturday the 5th. Maybe - depends where, and what I'm doing all week prior to that... Then I have to be at LAS by about 4:00 on the afternoon of the 6th.

I am in for anything. I would like to get out as soon as possible, this cold weather is killing me...

I'm always in. I doubt my wife will go, she doesn't like the swingers scene but i'll keep trying.

Let's bring this one back up to the top.

I'm available any weekend through March.

Moab - March 15 & 16???

+1 for any weekend in March.

P.S - Ice, what is the hangup with Moab canyons? Are they really that good and worth it? Seems there are a lot more bang for the buck canyons in North Wash and the Roost

I'm in for the N00B Fest. It would be my second so I'm not a virgin but still a n00b. Name the time and place and I'll see about work.

Moab - March 15 & 16???
    That weekend sounds good to me, I have that Friday off anyway. What's the plan Moab?

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    Ice, what is the hangup with Moab canyons? Are they really that good and worth it?
    Moab is the most asked for addition to my website.

I like the Moab Canyons, YMMV.

I like the night life in Moab.

There are good resturants in Moab.

Rooms are really cheap in Moab right now so I don't have to pack anything or sleep in the dirt, that makes the trip easy.

I have some reliable Moab beta that I'd like to try out.

I haven't spent a major amount of time in Moab so it's newer to me.

Rockgremlin used to live down that way and I liked doing canyons with him. (he has since moved).

It's only 3.25 hours from my house

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    Seems there are a lot more bang for the buck canyons in North Wash and the Roost
    As for the bang for buck.... Yes and No... depends on who you are and what you have done.

I'm kinda burned out on North Wash and the Roost.

I've done most of the good stuff in North Wash and Roost. Still a lot to do in the Roost but most of what I have left involves some type of major riff-raff.

I'm not a big fan of repeating most routes.

yada... yada....

As you can see.... my current interest in Moab is mostly personal and/or selfish. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Basically, everything about moab that has nothing to do with canyons... Just playin' Shane. Different strokes.

BTW, hotel rates are up again. Next week is the half marathon, and they will no longer be as cheap as before. I'd say like $60 a night. In winter, it is $35. YMMV.

A lot to that.... at least in winter months with short daylight hours.... I'm not really a big fan of sitting around the campfire when it gets dark and waiting 6 hours until I get tired and go to bed... Heck, I have places to go, people to see, things to do.

And the number one reason to go to Moab.....

.....Rachael
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Moab - March 15 & 16???
    I'm in.

I might be able to join the Moab fun. Would be great to meet the Bogley-dites. ;) Haven't done a lot in Moab area, so would be cool to see it with the guys in the know...

I'll be out camping in the dirt though; with a fire for whoever wants to join me...

Later,
    A.J.