Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: n00bfest June 6-8th 2008 in Zion National Park

n00bfest June 6-8th 2008 in Zion National Park

When is it this year? I want in. Bring on the n00bf3s7.

Oh, and can you completely work around my schedule?

But seriously, I really want to make it this year. My knees are refreshed.

Is Spring a possibility, or does Fall work best?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Time of year depends on where you want to hold the fest. Rockgremlin is the guy who usually headed up the canyon noob fests in the past. Not sure how that is going to work with his recent relocation.

Post your ideas.....

And a little FYI to canyoneers..... Tom recently posted that he will not be holding any Tom Canyon Festivals this year. So if some of you want in on a fest you might need to pick up the slack and help with some planning and organization.

Re: n00bfest 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    When is it this year? I want in. Bring on the n00bf3s7.
    Is Spring a possibility, or does Fall work best?
    Spring or Fall can work. March and April could both be good, as long as you don't mind nights that are still a little bit cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    And a little FYI to canyoneers..... Tom recently posted that he will not be holding any Tom Canyon Festivals this year. So if some of you want in on a fest you might need to pick up the slack and help with some planning and organization.
    Maybe the management of Climb-Utah would be interested in putting one on this year?

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Maybe the management of Climb-Utah would be interested in putting one on this year?
    Maybe the management of "Dan Ransom Photography" would also be interested in putting one on this year?
    "The ACA is a non-profit organization..."
    - Rich Carlson, the ACA's founder/president/director/self-appointed king

"A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval."
    - Mark Twain

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    I'll help out, let me know.
    I need to get out with other people not in my crew and learn some different skills.

Nutha n00b here for the partay whenevers. . .

Quote Originally Posted by skianddive
    Maybe the management of "Dan Ransom Photography" would also be interested in putting one on this year?
    I'd rather not do it as "Dan Ransom Photography" But, I'll happily do it as "Dan." In fact, I have a couple possibly in the works. Bogleys beware though, as Shane has already eloquently explained, "my skillset isn't adequate."

On a serious note, I'll be happy to help out where I can. Perhaps a good starting point is figuring out when people want to do it.

Welcome to the forum, engaging first post.

If my wife did allow me to go I would like to do a canyon with some natural anchor building so I could see how the pros do it.
    Where should we go? I think somewhere without permits like roost/swell area. Kindof in the middle. I vote sometime in March/April mabey even may if its not too hot then.

Edit: I am also down with Dan as the trip planner/leader
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    partay whenevers. . .
    I'd be up for a par-tay!

I'm in.
    "Mountain climbers rope themselves together, probably to prevent the sensible ones from
    going home." Unknown.

Hey Skianddive..... nice to see you on the Dark Side.

I guess this means all my friends are now officialy out of jail. That's weird, huh...

Couple of thoughts I've been kicking around.... not saying any of them will actually happen, but then again, if there is enough interest it just might....

A Couple's Fest, this would be more upscale, rooms at a descent motel, dinner and drinks at nice restaurants, easier canyons. This would be a great time for canyoneers to drag their significant other kicking and screaming into the sport. Probably stage out of Moab or Springdale.

A Family Fest, some easier tech canyons with short raps that are kid friendly.... thinking of gearing for kids about 5 and up... could hold this several different places. Big campfire in the evening... North Wash area might make a descent base. Hold a big dinner and a DI Formal. We've done the DI formal thing before and it's a hoot.

I have a couple other ideas.... if any of this sparks an interest speak up....

Couples and family thing would be fun. It's also fun without kids and wife so I'm good either way.
    The man thong is wrong.

I would also like to join the fun. Would suggest the Swell, North Wash, Robber's Roost, area's if done in March/April timeframe. Maybe even the Cedar Mesa area. If you need help in planning let me know.

What about another UUtah Zion trip? Maybe some canyon with a little more meat? I'm willing to help out and plan as needed since it's my neck of the woods. I'm thinking May, 3-4 day's over the weekend. I wouldn't mind getting back into Kolob or Imlay. Maybe ,boundary, or if we end up with a newer crowd i'm game for some 'easier' canyons.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc
    What about another UUtah Zion trip? Maybe some canyon with a little more meat? I'm willing to help out and plan as needed since it's my neck of the woods. I'm thinking May, 3-4 day's over the weekend. I wouldn't mind getting back into Kolob or Imlay. Maybe ,boundary, or if we end up with a newer crowd i'm game for some 'easier' canyons.
    Sounds kinda fun, but I see May in Zion being a little dicey this year. Too early to tell, but it might be a short season in Z, with all this snow.

Chris, you sure you can handle me again? I'm not convinced I can handle you...

BTW, you going to put on a Mexico fest or what? That's what I really want in on.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc
    What about another UUtah Zion trip?
    Dude.... I still have nightmares concerning the last Zion trip.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Welcome to the forum, engaging first post.
    Thanks, and Al says it best (below) regarding my post.....

Hey Skianddive..... nice to see you on the Dark Side.
    Thanks, IceDude, a real pleasure. Now that the Dark Side has decided to forego its Utah-centricity, I think this Forum will be a great alternative for those with outdoors interests.

I guess this means all my friends are now officialy out of jail. That's weird, huh...
    Yup, just got out on Monday for that trumped up libel charge from my posts on the ACA Forum.

I sure hope you guys here are more forgiving.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "The ACA is a non-profit organization..."
    - Rich Carlson, the ACA's founder/president/director/self-appointed king

"A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval."
    - Mark Twain