Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: n00bfest June 6-8th 2008 in Zion National Park

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    I'm a maybe. I would step up with a date and lead an easy canyon but (straight forward anchors). . . Still looking for a dam job and need one fast. So my schedule changes day to day.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    When leading noob's I prefer to do routes I've done before, unless I have good reliable intel.

Just get your permits now for Zion if that's the plan, I think it only costs something like $5 to reserve your permits on line. You are stuck following the rules and group size limits just like everyone else.

You can add my name firmly into the maybe column.... I will not have my June schedule dialed until the end of this month.

But I won't go if you don't go!

I called on my rental house ---- It is rented right before and after that weekend..... we could use it but it would not be cleaned since people are checking out at 11am on Friday, which should be okay for a freebee..... and then I just have to have it cleaned by Monday morning (it takes a few hours) because it's rented. That way no one would have to pay for hotel rooms. If doing Fat Man's Misery its right near where we could set up a shuttle ----- which would at least be something a little different for Shane doing it that way.... so he could add a little something to his website. It's also closer to the canyons that start along the North Fork Road.

House -
    There are 4 beds in the main house. I am not sure I want to open up the whole thing though because that's a lot of beds and cleaning for me to do on Sunday night, but if I did it opens up 4 more beds.

http://www.zionnational-park.com/zio...ntal-house.htm

So if you guys want the house you need to get Ice to go.

Wow that is really kind of you to offer that! Thanks! I think that if we used the house it should be with the understanding that we would atleast help you clean it if not clean it for you. Is there a lawn we could just throw out some sleeping bags and not worry about going inside.
    The man thong is wrong.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    I'm a maybe. I would step up with a date and lead an easy canyon but (straight forward anchors). . . Still looking for a dam job and need one fast. So my schedule changes day to day.

Call in sick! Shane and I can't do that though -- we both have to cover when others call in sick.

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Rock Gremlin: Questionnaire... Solid or Animal Print? Newbies must answer to join the group. (just so he knows what to wear)
    Solid -- and ONLY if Tanya shows up!!! Otherwise no show.

I am assuming this is the color of his banana hammock that he will be wearing while leading the group? If so, I have to rock the vote and go with animal print. Preferably hot pink and black zebra print.

She has not seen THE picture.

What a Newbie Fear not... Rock will show you the way.

I am skeered now.........what am I getting myself into? Someone please show me the picture? Pretty please? With a cherry on top?

I am skeered now.........what am I getting myself into? Someone please show me the picture? Pretty please? With a cherry on top?
    The last Bogley fest still gives me nightmares....

But it was fun!!!!

OH NO YOU DI'INT...........HOLY MUTHER....OF BABY JEEBUS.... (Alison rethinks going on June 7th)

I'm still in. That ain't nothing! HAHA!! You guys are f'ing hysterical. My kinda crowd.

BTW.....the more ball sacks, the merrier.

Also add me to the "maybe" column. Although, I must apologize that I can't sign up to help organize (already too much going on right now.) As far as going to and in the canyons, I'm more than happy to help others and make/verify anchors.

I'm less likely to attend if it's in Zion (Zion is around a 11-12 hour drive for me.) No worries if that's where you end up though, as it sounds like there are plenty of experienced folks leaning towards the Zion side. The main issue I see with that is just working the permit system... I definitely agree that if Zion becomes the plan, you should reserve the canyons online ASAP. Many of the popular ones are likely already gone...

The only way I'd do Zion is if I could take the entire week off, and do both weekends and the full week (which might be possible)... Not worth that long of a drive to me otherwise...

Take care,
    A.J.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx

Wow that is really kind of you to offer that! Thanks! I think that if we used the house it should be with the understanding that we would atleast help you clean it if not clean it for you. Is there a lawn we could just throw out some sleeping bags and not worry about going inside.
    Dang! Sorry about that.... I thought I deleted that in time for anyone to see it ... we probably can't use it. The desk called me back and it seems the people renting it are not checking out until Saturday. I will see what I can do but for now let's not count on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Ya, we'll need another experienced guy to sign up to assist in the leading...unless Tanya and/or Felicia is a sure thing.

Alex could probably assist to some extent too.
    And finally the trip begins to shift to the holy land. If we end up with another Bogley fest in Zion you can count me in. I'm more than willing to lead and help put it all together as needed. June 7th works well for me too. Looks to be another fun time.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Since 3 people can't go unless Zion, only makes sense to do it there. Would it be hard to get permits for a big group in Zion? Can we pressure Bo to use his privilege on this one?
    As you already know permits will be tough but there is plenty outside of the park that we could do and if we decide we need more permits for something in the park; Jason will surely go and wait in line for us at 3:30 in the morning again.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    The last Bogley fest still gives me nightmares....

But it was fun!!!!
    I don't know who that guy is in the middle but he's definately hot. By far the best looking guy on that trip. I'm sure if we all put a quarter in the wishing jar he'll make another appearance.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Bogley BigShot
    Leader: Justin/Rock requesting help with newbies.. so far Randi, Jax, Nelson/Jason and maybe AJ will help.
    Date: June 7th, 2008
    Place: Zion

1. Alex - Kazak
    2. Justin - 'Beech
    3. Scott - Acca
    4. Trackrunner
    5. Alison - Abirken
    6. Jax & Mrs. Jax - **help lead
    7. Lynn - LJ
    8. SLCmountainjunkee
    9. Randi - **help lead
    10. Felicia and John
    11. Nelson & Jason - **help lead

Maybe
    Shane
    Tanya
    A.J.

AJ - Do you live near Alison so you can drive together. You are both in Colorado right?

BTW.....the more ball sacks, the merrier.
    Hmm, I'll ask my wife if I can borrow mine for that weekend.

And the merry men from Vegas sign on!! Oh man, this is gonna be off the HOOK!!!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

AJ - Do you live near Alison so you can drive together. You are both in Colorado right?
    Nope, it takes me around 4 hours and two mountain passes to get me near Alison's. If it definitely looks like Zion, I'm going to see what I can line up for going for 10 days... Another run down Heaps and Imlay is always a good thing! I'll watch how the event develops and will work on some of my own team and permits when I get the time...

Hope I get a chance to get it all together; would be great to meet everyone. (I'm just a little concerned as I've got a 2 week trip starting end of June, and many in between as well as a lot going on with work right now... Yeah, I know, cry me a river.)

BTW, if I come, I'm bringing my ball sack too. I'm sure many will be happy to know. Those pictures are just scary though...

Take care,
    A.J.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ
    Nope, it takes me around 4 hours and two mountain passes to get me near Alison's. If it definitely looks like Zion, I'm going to see what I can line up for going for 10 days... Another run down Heaps and Imlay is always a good thing! I'll watch how the event develops and will work on some of my own team and permits when I get the time...

Hope I get a chance to get it all together; would be great to meet everyone. (I'm just a little concerned as I've got a 2 week trip starting end of June, and many in between as well as a lot going on with work right now... Yeah, I know, cry me a river.)

BTW, if I come, I'm bringing my ball sack too. I'm sure many will be happy to know. Those pictures are just scary though...

Take care,
    A.J.

I'm bringin my noob boobs...
    sorry couldn't resist that one ya'll.
    However no pictures allowed. Agreed AJ....those pictures were blinding for a moment.

I'm bringin my noob boobs...
    newb bewbs

Zion it is! Awesome~

Question: I've never been to Zion. Coming from Colorado, should I exit Seiver off of I-70 and take Hwy 89 in? Or should I take the 70-15 route? Didn't know if one is more scenic than the other? I've driven the 15 to Calif several times, just looking for something different this time.

Leader: Justin/Rock requesting help with newbies.. so far Randi, Jax, Nelson/Jason and maybe AJ will help.
    Date: June 7th, 2008
    Place: Zion

1. Alex - Kazak
    2. Justin - 'Beech
    3. Scott - Acca
    4. Trackrunner
    5. Alison - Abirken
    6. Jax & Mrs. Jax - **help lead
    7. Lynn - LJ
    8. SLCmountainjunkee
    9. Randi - **help lead
    10. Felicia and John
    11. Nelson & Jason - **help lead

Maybe
    Shane
    Tanya
    A.J.

I should be able to make it that weekend. I can help whever needed. I have a little experience, and been training for SAR for the last year, so I feel pretty comfortable. Put me on the list to attend.

You can add me as a maybe. I have a wedding luncheon scheduled to cater, but I may be able to get the other guys to handle it if it is not to big. I have been looking at a course through one of the places there in Springdale if all else fails.
    shoot straight, cast far, and hike all day.