Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer

Beer

Just wanted to tell someone.... I had to drive up to Idaho for work today so I brought back 4 cases of Molson Ice (my favorite), a case of Corona's and a case of Modelo. Also brought back 6 bottles of really good Idaho wine.

I now have enough beer to make it to the end of the NFL season.

The wine is for a romantic evening with the hot young stripper wife...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Is it legal to transport alcohol across state lines?

Did you give the state their fair share of taxes for the privelage of drinking it here in their state?

If you got one of those car wraps that look like a brown paper bag, then I believe it would be alright.

This topic has come up before so I called UHP as spoke with a Trooper. I was told yes it is illegal but unless you have packed a uhaul or have a large container (keg) there is no way you are going to get a ticket.

BTW oral sex is illegal in Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    Crap, I suppose there is a warrant or APB out for me.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Is that a kind of beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Is that a kind of beer?

If it is I

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    beer
    Yum.

Like Benjamin Franklin said "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

I was told yes it is illegal but unless you have packed a uhaul or have a large container (keg) there is no way you are going to get a ticket.
    As far as I can tell, among Utahns, smuggling booze is more common than fishing.

If I was prosecuted for that I would tell the d.a. to blow me.

oral sex is illegal here?

haha thats hilarious! i dont want to believe this is true but somehow i do...whoops.
    is there anything fun to do in utah that is legal?!

i cant even get into clubs here just to dance! i feel that i am being discriminated against because i was born in november 1987... sometimes a girl just wants to get down...is that so hard to do???

Quote Originally Posted by skybluesparrow
    sometimes a girl just wants to get down...is that so hard to do???
    Getting down as well as going down - they'll both be a problem for you.

Quote Originally Posted by donny h
    As far as I can tell, among Utahns, smuggling booze is more common than fishing.
    guilty

hehehe
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by skybluesparrow
    oral sex is illegal here?

haha thats hilarious! i dont want to believe this is true but somehow i do...whoops.
    is there anything fun to do in utah that is legal?!

i cant even get into clubs here just to dance! i feel that i am being discriminated against because i was born in november 1987... sometimes a girl just wants to get down...is that so hard to do???
    Normally Dirk would be all over this but, yeah, my cute little neices I used to change diapers and baby sit and still view them as little, well, they're older than you SkyBlue. Even the Hammer has his limits, shocking as it may be.

[quote=Bad Karma]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Is that a kind of beer?

If it is I

Cooler on deck contents consist of--------- 1 six of Fat Tire
    1 six of Moose Drool- a six of Spaten Premium, Optimator and the Franz- whatever. Also a six of the Wasatch Devastator. This will be an enjoyable weekend of cross country skiing- if it ever quits snowing up here.

Oh yea- there is a fifth of Kolstika KO in there also. That'some smooth shooting Sh**

Re: Beer

I brought back 4 cases of Molson Ice (my favorite), a case of Corona's and a case of Modelo. Also brought back 6 bottles of really good Idaho wine.
    We're not talking 3.2 I take it

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Nope

Molson Ice is 5.6%, you can buy it in Utah at the liquor store but the state nicks you $1.50 per bottle.

We can buy Corona's here but the case is stamped 3.2%. Some of the breweries cut their beer with filtered water to make the 3.2 grade and the beer will be marked in some manner. For example, Heineken 3.2 beer is identified by a red border around the bottle label. Many beers (bud, coors, miller) are already below 3.2% so no big deal. I've made several thousand dollars in my life because I know which beers at 3.2 and how many are marked. There is always some drunk willing to bet that Bud or Coors in Utah is different then other states.... nope, just make the bet, call the brewery and collect your cash.

What a crappy subject for me today, I gave up all booze for January to help me with some fitness goals. I really love beer, a lot. My favorite smuggle is anything from Rogue Brewing, Dead Guy is the best. Second favorite is Molsen Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Nope

Molson Ice is 5.6%, you can buy it in Utah at the liquor store but the state nicks you $1.50 per bottle.

We can buy Corona's here but the case is stamped 3.2%.
    for others playing along ...

Molson's 5.6% is alc. per volume
    in Utah when someone says 3.2% this is alc. per weight ~ 4% alc. per volume

almost every liquor/wine/beer/etc. bottler labels in % by vol.

also 3.2%/4% means "less than or equal to"

Quote Originally Posted by cmpbiker
    What a crappy subject for me today, I gave up all booze for January to help me with some fitness goals.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    for others playing along ...

Molson's 5.6% is alc. per volume
    in Utah when someone says 3.2% this is alc. per weight ~ 4% alc. per volume

almost every liquor/wine/beer/etc. bottler labels in % by vol.

also 3.2%/4% means "less than or equal to"
    Yes, this threw me at first. "3.2%? Yikes!" Then I found out it was by weight - so really about 4%. So that means that regular beer in Utah equals light beer here.

I'd much rather have half as much of an 8% Maudite, or a 9%, triple fermented, Trois Pistoles, both from Unibroue in Quebec. For their 11th anniversary a few years back, they put out "Onze" (Eleven). It was that many percent. Big, bold, beautiful.

I'm amused by the appreciation of Molson beers down there. Sheesh, if you like Molson, you'll love Kokanee. [/sarcasm]

My father in law asked me once whether I'd rather have a Kokanee or a Molson Canadian. Told him it was like asking if I wanted a cold or a flu... Um, neither, thanks. (Though Molson had some great "I Am Canadian" ads a few years back. Must look 'em up on YouTube. Probably have to be Canadian to get them, though.)