Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Utah Scuba Divers?

Utah Scuba Divers?

Something in anther thread got me wondering.....

How many certified Scuba divers do we have on this site?

I'm PADI certified as a Rescue Diver, but it's been a few years since I last went diving. So stand up and be counted if you are a diver.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ceritfied in Australia way back in 1977. French system of certification. Haven't donned a tank for 25 years... sad to day.

I'm open water certified. I took a class from the U in 2000 and certified at Blue Lake. I did all that with the intention of traveling to the ocean. But sad to sa, that was the last time I ever put on the tank. Maybe I'll do it again someday soon.

A couple of pics from Blue Lake:

James

I went for my first dive on our honeymoon! It was very cool! How many dives does it take before you to become certified?

NAUI here

NAUI in Hawaii about 18 years ago and advanced at Flaming George several years back, night dive, 100', search and rescue etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Heather
    How many dives does it take before you to become certified?
    It's been a while but I believe the correct answer is ONE.

If it's still the same as when I did it you take several classes that are divided between class work and pool work. At the very end you have to pass a test and go diving in "open water" with your instructor.

It's not difficult to get certified, but the info taught in the class is pretty much "must know" type stuff.

I certified about 15 years ago at the mud pit better known as Blue Lake. After that I spent some time diving shipwrecks off the West Coast. It was fun but not something I wanted to make my full time hobby. It's an expensive sport if you want quality diving and live in Utah.

So where is the best place to certify, cost, instruction, equipment, etc? I have been thinking about this for some time. I would like to be certified as a rescue diver for search and rescue, but I was never sure where to start.

I'm certified (also through Padi).
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Most of you know that my original name on this site was "DiscGolf Diver" the diver part was for scuba.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Took my class through SLCC 06'
    Certified PADI at the Homestead in Midway in 06'
    Got my Deep Diver, Wreck Diver, Boat Diver and a couple others?? In a second trip to Midway.
    Dove 3 places in Mexico (Cancuun, Cozumel, Play del Carmen)
    Dove a couple places in Hawaii

Been to Blue Lake swimming, but never diving.

I've wanted to do Flaming Gorge? Anyone done it?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PADI Open Water here as well, dove in Blue Lake, Fish Lake, Heber crater, Belize, San Diego, Oregon, San Juan Washongton, Seattle Washington, Baja Mexico (all the way down the west coast).

I'm certified through PADI. I've done some of the local dives, seabase, the crater, bear lake...then took a trip to belize, and haven't dove since. I want to go again, but it is expensive and I already have so many hobbies.

Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    I'm certified through PADI. I've done some of the local dives, seabase, the crater, bear lake...then took a trip to belize, and haven't dove since. I want to go again, but it is expensive and I already have so many hobbies.
    Sweet, have you dove Blue Hole in Belize? On my trip a dude kicked a bucket in there. Though he was just snorkeling at the top, but when we came up from the dive he was floating with his head below the water line. It was pretty freaky. The guy took his whole family to Belize for his youngest kid graduation (he was around 55ish) and had a heart attack in the water. Then we were flying back to the States with the casket on board the plane. Was kind of odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    On my trip a dude kicked a bucket in there.
    It's "kicked the bucket". You accent is so cute Alex.

James

Sweet, have you dove Blue Hole in Belize? On my trip a dude kicked a bucket in there. Though he was just snorkeling at the top, but when we came up from the dive he was floating with his head below the water line. It was pretty freaky. The guy took his whole family to Belize for his youngest kid graduation (he was around 55ish) and had a heart attack in the water. Then we were flying back to the States with the casket on board the plane. Was kind of odd.
    Yep, dove the blue hole. It had been a life long dream to dive with sharks. Finally got to in the blue hole, bull sharks swimming all around. I'll have to see if I can find a pic.

Also did Hol Chan several times, shark ray alley, half moon caye...can't remember the rest of the names.

Yep, dove the blue hole. It had been a life long dream to dive with sharks. Finally got to in the blue hole, bull sharks swimming all around. I'll have to see if I can find a pic.
    Don't have very good pics, but here's a few

PADI certified in 2004. I've been down to Cozumel twice to dive since then. The local dives are fun, but don't even compare to the diving in Cozumel. Alas, I don't do it as often as I would like to.

Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    On my trip a dude kicked a bucket in there.
    It's "kicked the bucket". You accent is so cute Alex.

James
    Thanks bud, will note that