Thread: colorado springs

colorado springs

i know this forum is about utah, but i am going out to colorado springs in two weeks and im wondering if you guys could recommend anything to do...has anyone spent time out there? my little sister goes to the USAFA and im thinking about renting some snowshoes or XC skis with her and hitting some trails. she wants to snowmobile but im just not into that. so i thought snowshoeing might be fun. just looking for suggestions in general...outfitters, good trails, fun places to hang out...

pike national forest looks like the likely place we're going.

sorry if this is in the wrong category. wanst sure where to put it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I only spent a day there when I was passing through in 2004, but I had a pretty good time. In the morning I visited the chapel at the Air Force Academy, and in the afternoon I walked around Garden of the Gods. Both made pretty good pictures...

http://richardbarron.net/galleries/firstlight/06cs/

I don't know about this time of year, but in the summer Garden of the gods has some good hiking and great scenery. We usually visit the AF Academy chapel, the Olympic Training Center and drive up Pike's Peak. I'm sure there are good hikes around Pike's Peak, but I haven't done any. Check out Bear Creek Canyon Park and Cheyenne Canyon Park. Again, I've only been there in summer.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Bogley BigShot
    Forget hiking while there... Go to Meadow Muffins and O'Furries and dance! The olympic athletes hang out there.

It's a blast!

Lived there for years!

But you are not 21 yet... so maybe not. Not sure how old you have to be to get into those clubs.

yeah i have a hard time getting into most clubs out here...as i am still 20. its not like that on the east coast. ive been getting into bars in baltimore, dc, philly, and new york since i was like 15. usually they stamp your hand so you cant drink-unless you wash it off! no i kid. i wouldnt do that.

maybe colorado is slightly different than utah...though i doubt it. damn.
    cant a girl just dance anymore?

Teleken here, newbie from C.Springs. You might not get any local xc or snowshowing in due to snow. We have some locally but not too much. Pike Ntl. forest 20 miles West of town has options if the snow sticks around. There are however too many great hikes right in town to list. We have 1,000 + acres of city owned open space. Heck even the USAFA has the Falcon Trail which is great.

Here is a link to the city park & open space site you can check out parks and open space there. If you have not been here, even though it is the touristy thing see the Garden of the Gods.

http://www.springsgov.com/SectionIndex.asp?SectionID=41

For rentals of skis or snowshoes the Mountain Chalet downtown is the place. Enjoy your visit.
    I'm not in Utah, but I like Utah, really..