Thread: VIDEO - LandCruiser Buggy

VIDEO - LandCruiser Buggy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Lame... off-roads parks in the East. I think that the mass public land closures and subsequent opening of private OHV parks (like the one in the video) have created a new breed of OHV users. The only good thing is it is happening legally on Private Property.

An obstacle in the parking lot??? Really takes the fun out of it more me... I want to get from point A (home) to point B (mabey a ghost town or an old mine)... and if there is an obstacle in the middle, so be it... but to seek out nothing but obstacles, I no longer enjoy it.

Does he get his tires for free? Maybe he borrowed this rig and wanted to beat the hell out of it?

Quote Originally Posted by ExpUt
    Lame... off-roads parks in the East.
    The only good thing is it is happening legally on Private Property.

An obstacle in the parking lot??? Really takes the fun out of it more me... I want to get from point A (home) to point B (mabey a ghost town or an old mine)... and if there is an obstacle in the middle, so be it... but to seek out nothing but obstacles, I no longer enjoy it.
    Lame off-road parks? Obstacles in a parking lot? So, you're into the trip aspect and not the obstacle aspect? To each their own. Some feel driving down a dirt road is lame. New breed? Obstacle seeking wheeler? I feel there is a place for all types of wheeling whether it's on a concrete man-made course, trail riding, rock climbing to mud bogging. Depending on where you live also dictates what category your falling into. Try and find a ghost town to wheel to here on the east coast, not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Lame... off-roads parks in the East.
    The only good thing is it is happening legally on Private Property.

Lame off-road parks? Obstacles in a parking lot? So, you're into the trip aspect and not the obstacle aspect? To each their own. Some feel driving down a dirt road is lame. New breed? Obstacle seeking wheeler? I feel there is a place for all types of wheeling whether it's on a concrete man-made course, trail riding, rock climbing to mud bogging. Depending on where you live also dictates what category your falling into. Try and find a ghost town to wheel to here on the east coast, not happening.
    I should have added an "in my opinion"

I love obstacles, I just like them to have some real factor to them (such as an obstacle 50 miles from the nearest town ) Many of the trails we do have obstacles intermingled in them... and your tow rig isn't 40 ft behind you to bail you out . Just the same, there are alot of different aspects of the sport, and everyone likes what they like.

That being said I still like "rockcrawling" in that form. I competed in UROC for 3 seasons, I spotted for in the PRO series, and drove in the 2006 Supercrawl in Las Vegas. Good times for sure, just nowhere near as fullfilling for me? I've never owned a dedicated buggy, the rig we competed in belong to my UROC partner, so my seat time was all in comps or practice... I never really fell in love with "wheeling" in a parking lot. Different strokes for different folks...

I just like them to have some real factor to them (such as an obstacle 50 miles from the nearest town )
    I would love to have that type of open land around here, it's just that there is no open land around here. If they could stick a development in some space around here, they have.

My girlfriend's son is out in Telluride and he brought his girlfriend back here for Christmas. She has never been out this way in her entire life. When I asked her what she thought of it here, she said the food was so different and really good. That was the first thing she said. I said, not the food, the scenery. She said there are so many roads around here. She said she could think of one or two ways to get to an area back home, but she would be lost here with all the roads and ways to go.

One thing that amazed me with the parts of Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona I have been to is the vast nothing To be at a high point and look in every direction and see land, land and more land with no people has to be one of the best attributes your States have. Here, no matter where you look, is civilization. House upon house, building upon building. We have wooded areas here, but there not measured in miles, they're measured in acreage. That's a huge difference. Look at a Utah state map or Colorado, I look at them and say to myself where the heck are the roads, so many open spaces between roads. Get your hand on a Connecticut map, a Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Maryland... You'll be asking yourself what's up with all the roads and no open space

I would love to get into a semi-stock 4x4 (stock has nothing for me ) and turn off the pavement and travel to ghost towns or from one town to another via dirt, I would love to do it. Stopping for the night and roughing it then continuing on the next day. Man, that would be my idea of one heck of a trip. I see how that is an ideal 4x4 trip. I don't have that capabilities yet, nine more years and I will I'll gladly turn my stock tow rig into a trail capable rig for those ghost town travels. For now, it's a fully caged vehicle that needs a tow rig to get it from point "A" to point "B", the need to climb the steepest rock obstacles and dropping off ledges with a few rolls a day. That's where I'm at and that is what makes me smile This is the 4x4 environment that I'm subjected to