Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is it with some men -- they are just SICK!

Bogley BigShot

What is it with some men -- they are just SICK!

Head of BLM's Kanab field office charged with child sex abuse
    By Mark Havnes
    The Salt Lake Tribune
    Article Last Updated: 01/02/2008 03:00:00 PM MST

Rex L. Smart Posted: 1:35 PM- KANAB - The head of the Bureau of Land Management's field office in Kanab has been charged with 13 felonies in two separate cases involving sexual abuse of a child.
    Rex Lee Smart was arrested Friday and booked into Kane County's jail. He later was released after posting a $125,000 bail.
    In one case, Smart, 60, is charged with sodomy on a child, attempted rape of a child, three counts of aggravated sexual assault and kidnapping. All are first-degree felonies.
    He also is charged with two second-degree felony counts of sexual abuse of a child.
    According to court documents, the alleged crimes occurred sometime between May 15 and June 15, 2005, at Smart's house in Kanab and involved a 9-year-old girl.
    The documents state that Smart fondled the girl, exposed himself to her and forced her to have oral sex and intercourse.
    "The child stated that she was scared to death when this event took place," the court papers state.
    In the second case, which allegedly occurred Sept. 9, 2006, Smart is charged with sodomy, three counts of aggravated sexual assault and kidnapping involving the same child.
    Documents state that on that date, Smart was at a Lions Club demolition derby at the Kaneplex rodeo facility, south of Kanab, when he took the victim, then 10 years old, in his truck to teach her to drive.
    He allegedly drove the vehicle away to a location where he was able to view all roads leading to and from the Kaneplex facility and laid her down on the seat of the truck against her will. Smart then took off her clothes, fondled her and had oral sex with her, according to court documents.
    Kanab Police Detective Osvaldo Macias said Wednesday that he began investigating Smart about two weeks ago after Utah Division of Child and Family Services received an anonymous call alerting them to the alleged abuses.
    "I went out and starting knocking on doors," Macias said. "I dropped everything to work on the case."
    The detective said "aggravated" was added to some of the charges because Smart was acting as a baby sitter at the time, giving him a position of trust over the young victim.
    Kanab Police Chief Tom Cram said the inquiry is continuing to see if there are other victims.
    Smart is scheduled to appear in Kanab's 6th District Court on Jan. 11.
    The BLM said it is evaluating the situation and plans to issue a statement later.

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_7863988?source=email

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Prison is too good for guys like this. In fact, death is also too good for these types. They deserve nothing but good ole fashioned brute force torture.

I suspect by that comment I will be demonized and the touchy-feely arguments will be rolled out in an attempt to justify his actions. Doesn't matter, I remain steadfast in my vengeful attitude. If this animal got loose with one of mine, I would be out for blood.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

as far as i know studies have shown that sex crime offenders are virtually "untreatable". recidivism is high and there seems to be no way to correct whatever the aberration that causes them to prey on others. all the more reason to shoot them in the head once it is discovered what they are. the risk to society far outweighs their worth in my opinion.
    signature

No reason for these types to use up good air.... if they are in fact guilty.

Before we hang him we should make sure he did what he's acused of.

Remember the Bishop in Lehi 10 or so years ago? Arrested for chlid abuse - lost his job, reputation, church backing, waife and family abandoned him, etc... only to find out that the accuser was only following the social workers leads during questioning.

Please don't think I'm sticking up for a pedophile, I just don't want another inoccent's life ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by double moo
    No reason for these types to use up good air.... if they are in fact guilty.

Before we hang him we should make sure he did what he's acused of.

Remember the Bishop in Lehi 10 or so years ago? Arrested for chlid abuse - lost his job, reputation, church backing, waife and family abandoned him, etc... only to find out that the accuser was only following the social workers leads during questioning.

Please don't think I'm sticking up for a pedophile, I just don't want another inoccent's life ruined.
    There is little about America that is more important, or easier to forget in a time of indignant rage, than the principal of the accused being innocent until proven guilty.

Sub-category: believing the accusations of the police or the government before a suspect (that word means "suspected of committing a crime", not guilty of a crime) has a fair and thorough trial only invites the abuse of power by the government, or the media for that matter. Let the courts prove that someone is guilty, not the six o'clock news.

So, if this guy gets a 400-year sentence for unspeakable crimes, then wish him the seventh circle of hell's sewage system.

if this guy is guilty i hope he ends up licking thunder dicks buttcrack.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

It surprises me that the father of this poor girl doesn't take the law into his own hands and deal this ass-tard the deck of cards that's due.

Lop off his pecker!!! Lop it off!!! Then hang it from a rope around the cowards neck.

What about these female teachers

Quote Originally Posted by shlingdawg
    It surprises me that the father of this poor girl doesn't take the law into his own hands and deal this ass-tard the deck of cards that's due.

Lop off his pecker!!! Lop it off!!! Then hang it from a rope around the cowards neck.

And get thrown in jail with him so both guys cannot see the girl grow up? I agree that it is terrible when something like this happens but I also like the uproar of what everyone would do.....which is usually nothing if you are smart.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Bogley BigShot
    According to court documents, the alleged crimes occurred sometime between May 15 and June 15, 2005, at Smart's house in Kanab and involved a 9-year-old girl.
    The documents state that Smart fondled the girl, exposed himself to her and forced her to have oral sex and intercourse.
    "The child stated that she was scared to death when this event took place," the court papers state.
    In the second case, which allegedly occurred Sept. 9, 2006, Smart is charged with sodomy, three counts of aggravated sexual assault and kidnapping involving the same child.
    Documents state that on that date, Smart was at a Lions Club demolition derby at the Kaneplex rodeo facility, south of Kanab, when he took the victim, then 10 years old, in his truck to teach her to drive.

Looks like he abused this child for quite some time. I wonder how he got so close to her and was allowed to spend so much time with her?

wow, 9 years old. One of these days I'm going to make an animated gif of me, hanging my head down in disgust and shaking it, just to show my reaction to some of these things.

I'm sure I'll use it in the political forum from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    I also like the uproar of what everyone would do.....which is usually nothing if you are smart.
    I must be stupid then because I would definitely be out to inflict some serious Abu Ghraib style physical and psychological trauma.

Looks like he abused this child for quite some time. I wonder how he got so close to her and was allowed to spend so much time with her?[/quote]

It
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

In cases like this somtimes China's justice system doesn't look so bad.

Bogley BigShot

There are two things going on here... one of course the sick acts this man has done and the other is what he has done to those who work in the BLM in the Kanab area.

It's really difficult for BLM people to live in Kanab already, this is going to make it even worse. It's like there are two totally different kinds of people there.... locals and BLM -- sort of like black and white before the 60's. The locals rarely accept the BLM and this is not going to make it any better. It's a shame because I am one of those that like both types but I am not considered a local being raised away from here in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    I also like the uproar of what everyone would do.....which is usually nothing if you are smart.
    I must be stupid then because I would definitely be out to inflict some serious Abu Ghraib style physical and psychological trauma.
    And hurt your daughter even worse by getting thrown in jail? I know this is what everyone always says they would do and the person deserves it if they are guilty; however, that wouldn't benefit your child by leaving them with you in jail, thinking that they really shouldn't have said anything because now dad is gone.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

And hurt your daughter even worse by getting thrown in jail? I know this is what everyone always says they would do and the person deserves it if they are guilty; however, that wouldn't benefit your child by leaving them with you in jail, thinking that they really shouldn't have said anything because now dad is gone.
    You just have to make it look like an accident.
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx

Exactly!!! Revenge is a dish best served cold, with a side dish of a good alibi.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    Or make sure they never find the body.

God hearing about stuff like this pisses me off. I honestly believe that these sickos have a "sixth sense" or "radar" where they can find children/victims that won't report abuses like this. It's almost uncanny. Sadly so many of these children believe it's their fault for some reason and live their entire lives hiding these terrible secrets.

Granted, he's not been convicted yet, so I reserve judgement. But if he did indeed commit these crimes, I guarantee you there are several others in his wake that he also abused but are just too scared/ashamed to report it. If anyone has knowledge on how to raise your kid understanding not to be a victim but at the same time not giving them knowledge of just how sick some people can be, I would really appreciate the info.

Lastly, to whoever said they feel kinda sorry for the person. That's complete crap man. Every person should be held accountable for their actions and saying you had a messed up childhood is rediculous. Granted I will agree that probably 99.9% of molesters were molested themselves, but the reasons people do evil things does NOT excuse their actions. If anything they should understand whats it's like to be abused and not want to do it to someone else. They just need to be removed from society (or the planet) IMO, so they cant harm anyone else. I'm saying give the father of the child a baseball bat and 10 mins with the perp. It won't make everything better, but it's a start. *shrug*

If anyone has knowledge on how to raise your kid understanding not to be a victim but at the same time not giving them knowledge of just how sick some people can be, I would really appreciate the info.
    I don
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn