Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The lord steps in again for the cougars. . .

The lord steps in again for the cougars. . .

BYU blocks a short range field goal to pull off another miracle.

BYU 17 - UCLA 16

If your not familiar with the tongue in check "lord" reference. Listen to what a BYU player said after they beat Utah.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=H_azY1iPr9U[/youtube]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: The lord steps in again for the cougars. . .

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    BYU blocks a short range field goal to pull off another miracle.

BYU 17 - UCLA 16
    Amen Brother! Jesus clearly came to the rescue.

. . .break out the Kool-Aid Sprite mix.

MWC Champs AGAIN. Ranked AGAIN.....too bad Alex "Small Hands" Smith can't come back and play for ya again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25
    MWC Champs AGAIN. Ranked AGAIN.....too bad Alex "Small Hands" Smith can't come back and play for ya again.
    Do I sense a bitter cougar fan? Why would you crack with the Alex Smith reference I wonder?

BYU should go ahead and label this the "miracle season" and start selling DVD's.

If your not familiar with the tongue in check "lord" reference. Listen to what a BYU player said after they beat Utah.
    It wasn't tongue in cheek. God just hates you.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    It wasn't tongue in cheek. God just hates you.
    The tongue in cheek was on my end. I KNOW who the lord roots for. . .it's so obvious.

Seriously though, what a game... I can honestly say I was 90 percent confident in BYU winning, even when they were lining up for that field goal. I just figured there would be some magic... I can't say the same about the last two victories over the Utes.

Everyone thought they would cream the Bruins. I think they may have gone in way to confident. But hell that UCLA defense was nasty, roughing up Hall all night. They exploded through that o-line several times and man they seemed to be really prepared for BYU's offense.

I can't imagine anything being as important to the Lord as college football.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Do I sense a bitter cougar fan? Why would you crack with the Alex Smith reference I wonder?

BYU should go ahead and label this the "miracle season" and start selling DVD's.
    That would require me to actually have something to be bitter about..got any ideas, I'm coming up with nothing. Undefeated in the MWC again, beat the Yewts again....yeah I'm still looking for something to be bitter about. Maybe after Xmas I can be bitter about some gifts I don't end up getting, but when it comes to Cougar Football I'm set.

The Alex Smith reference was just to help you remember the only season your team ever really mattered.

If God is a BYU fan......... I'm taking up Scientology.... or whatever the fawk that kookeeee Tom Cruise believes in. That is at least somewhat more rational than God intervening in a football game.

The Alex Smith reference was just to help you remember the only season your team ever really mattered.

1. Utah
    2. Boise State
    3. Hawaii

Apparently BYU hasn't had a season that has mattered.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I can't imagine anything being as important to the Lord as college football.
    QFE
    Bono is taking care of African poverty and the AIDS crisis there.
    God can sit back now and watch the bowl season.

This definalty was a miracle season for BYU, Damn lucky play to beat the Utes, Yes it was the Utes fault the play happend, And even a luckier blocked field goal to win the bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by shlingdawg
    1. Utah
    2. Boise State
    3. Hawaii

I'm not sure if you are serious or not, but these discussions are pretty lame. BYU and Utah are connected at the hip. As BYU goes, so goes Utah, and vice-versa.

Perhaps you forgot all about 2001? BYU ended up losing to Hawaii, so it was a non-discussion in the end, but their run deep into the season undefeated really paved the way for Non-BCS teams to get in. That was the first step to busting the BCS, as it started the first legitimate criticisms and national dialog about the injustice. In a sense, BYU's run set the table, Utah ate the meal. And now Hawaii is going to be eaten for dessert.

Utah did have a great season in 2004, and that is great for everyone, even BYU fans. But let's be honest, it is your only really significant season, EVER. Let's not forget 1984, or the rest of the eighties, if we really want to talk about significant seasons. Even 1996 was a great season for BYU. Top 5 ranking? Only team to win 14 games in a season? College football didn't begin with the BCS.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Quote Originally Posted by shlingdawg
    1. Utah
    2. Boise State
    3. Hawaii

I'm not sure if you are serious or not, but these discussions are pretty lame. BYU and Utah are connected at the hip. As BYU goes, so goes Utah, and vice-versa.

Perhaps you forgot all about 2001? BYU ended up losing to Hawaii, so it was a non-discussion in the end, but their run deep into the season undefeated really paved the way for Non-BCS teams to get in. That was the first step to busting the BCS, as it started the first legitimate criticisms and national dialog about the injustice. In a sense, BYU's run set the table, Utah ate the meal. And now Hawaii is going to be eaten for dessert.

Utah did have a great season in 2004, and that is great for everyone, even BYU fans. But let's be honest, it is your only really significant season, EVER. Let's not forget 1984, or the rest of the eighties, if we really want to talk about significant seasons. Even 1996 was a great season for BYU. Top 5 ranking? Only team to win 14 games in a season? College football didn't begin with the BCS.
    Um, BYU didn't pave any road for Utah. Urban did that. I know BYU likes to think they are the end-all of the MWC, but you'll never convince me of that.

Oh, and let's leave the 80's in the 80's.

My comment was directed by your fellow BYU sack-rider.
    It looks like he measures significant seasons by BCS births. I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong.

It's just that all of this "magic" talk and "lord" talk has got to quit.