Thread: Man shoots and kills home-invasion robber in SLC

Man shoots and kills home-invasion robber in SLC

Should I put this in the Hunting and Shooting forum?

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2328813

A home invasion turned deadly in West Valley when a man shot and killed one of two men who broke into his home.

The fatal shooting happened around 10:30 last night near 3300 South and 4400 West. Police say it started when a woman knocked on the door. After that, two men stormed into the house.

The invaders taped the homeowner's wife to a chair while they forced the homeowner around the house at gunpoint.

Lt. Lamont Cox of the West Valley Police Department said, "The bad guys were taking him through the house gathering valuables, and he was able to overpower one of them and take their gun."

The homeowner shot and killed one of the robbers, who was wearing a ski mask. The other robber took off. He and the woman are still on the loose.

A baby was sleeping in a back room of the home during the commotion. The infant was not hurt.

Police say the homeowner was the one who called for help.

"It was the owner that called us and said, 'These guys broke into my house and I shot one of them,'" Lt. Cox said.

The homeowner is 31 years old and his wife is in her 20s. He says he didn't know the intruders, but it's still under investigation. Police say the homeowner probably won't face charges.

Officials say the homeowner's wife and baby are doing fine, and victim's advocates are helping the family through the experience.

"Police say the homeowner probably won't face charges. " Probably? PROBABLY? He'd better NOT face any friggin' charges! I don't know why that statement is even being said.

Note: This won't be a controversial issue until we find out what race each person was. Then we'll decide if certain people should go to jail.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I read that this morning, praise to him! I can't believe they said that the charges will most likely not filled.... WTF is that!? The dude should get a medal for that.

Sweet.... they should give the guy a medal and parade.

Too bad he didn't have his own gun at the ready to kill these bastards first.

I feel bad for them because they had a great dane that was killed. They have to be relieved the family is alive though.
    Let's Roll

I feel bad that he didn't get to shot the other two crooks....

Abby and I both know where her .38 is, and it IS loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron
    Abby and I both know where her .38 is, and it IS loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    I can't believe they said that the charges will most likely not filled.... WTF is that!? The dude should get a medal for that.
    That's the liberal a-wipe media for you!!!
    Never pistol whip someone with your gun...that could mar the finish.

Quote Originally Posted by tapehoser
    I can't believe they said that the charges will most likely not filled.... WTF is that!? The dude should get a medal for that.
    Uhh...nah. Media, whether conservative or liberal, a-wipes or not, would have asked the question either way.

Doesn't make the media a-wipes or liberal.

And, we don't know what "really" happened.

"Hey, mind if I grab your TV for the drugs you forgot to pay me for? Here, hold my gun..."

My bet is that this was not random...

If it was, huge prop's to the homeowner. I can't imagine...

-Brian in SLC

Re: Man shoots and kills home-invasion robber in SLC

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    "Police say the homeowner probably won't face charges. " Probably? PROBABLY?
    I think this is just the usual Q&A after a shooting....

Reporter: "Will the homeowner be charged with anything?"

Cop: "No, not at this time."

And what the cop really means: "NO, not unless we find the stash of drugs the crooks were after."

omg since when has KSL been considered part of the "liberal media?"

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC
    Uhh...nah. Media, whether conservative or liberal, a-wipes or not, would have asked the question either way.

Doesn't make the media a-wipes or liberal.
    now there you go brian, trying to think reasonably about this ... blaming the "liberal media" is mantra around these parts of uutah

Quote Originally Posted by brian in slc
    And, we don't know what "really" happened.
    excellent point

If the home owner was black, and the crooks were white, will there be a rally?

No one cares if white people get killed. In fact it's racist if you feel bad for the white person in this scenario.
    The man thong is wrong.

Better yet, how 'bout if he was an undocumented alien and the crooks were home grown...and he'd gotton his home loan from Dave Fox...and his wife worked at bikini cuts...and his kid was receiving medicare benifits for having been born with aids, which it didn't have...

The comments on KSL are pretty amusing...sorta....

Its interesting how "what really happened" can be spun. Through no real fault of anyone, but, folk's different perspectives.

Sometimes initial news reports are too good to be true...or...there's way more than meets the eye.

Easy to read things we'd like to imagine into "the news".

Anyhoo...

-Brian in SLC

What if the intruders were actually the owners of the house....

This thought alone calls for a rally.

I'm sure Jesse and Rev. Al would already be there, mounting the pulpit and calling for justice.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1