Thread: Help me win a video contest!

Help me win a video contest!

AC/DC is having a video contest for their fans.

From the site:
    http://www.acdc.com/fromtheband/

"The boys wanted to make sure we 'thanked you' all for your interest and that we provided you with a way to get in on the action.

So, if you've got a YouTube account, we invite you to upload a video greeting for the band, a take of you playing air guitar to 'Back in Black' or a tour of your private AC/DC sanctum. Whatever you've got! When you upload your video, make sure you include the following tag: ACDCBlowUpYourVideo. We'll pick the best of the bunch. The band is waiting to see what kind of chops you've got, so get to work!

Have a good one,
    ACDC.com"

So, I'm thinking of doing a little air guitar to Back In Black, and maybe a short greeting. Any ideas?

I've been watching that "Groovy Dancing Girl" video quite a bit, where she's dancing to Daft Punk. She recorded it at half speed, then produced it at double speed so it looks like she's doing some cool moves pretty fast, but it's right on beat.

I'm thinking of doing something like that with air guitar, but I think producing the video along with the whole song would get monotonous. I've gotta throw some variety in there.

Any suggestions are welcome. There's no clear time limit, and no clear prize, but any chance of being watched by my Rock Icons would be prize enough.

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

PS, that's all I need is another video project.

I've had 3 projects in the hopper already for a month now.

I think the half speed would be cool but I wouldn't limit yourself to just Back in Black. Great song but there are so many others. Why not do a "musical montage". Take all the greatest hits and many a few of your favorite lesser known songs and put clips of them together. Just an idea. I'm excited to see it when it's done.

Re: Help me win a video contest!

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I've been watching that "Groovy Dancing Girl" video quite a bit, where she's dancing to Daft Punk. She recorded it at half speed, then produced it at double speed so it looks like she's doing some cool moves pretty fast, but it's right on beat.
    Sounds like an excuse for you to just watch that girl over and over

Also, I think we are talking about the same thing, but it's actually not recored at half speed (since there is really no way to record at half speed). The video track is recorded at normal speed, but the music she is dancing to in real time is slowed down before she records the dance moves, so she has an audible reference. Then, she accelerates her video track by the same rate in post, and it restores the audio to it's proper rate. Probably the same thing you are referencing, just saying it differently.

Now, if I just had a suggestion for some variety...

Re: Help me win a video contest!

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Also, I think we are talking about the same thing, but it's actually not recored at half speed (since there is really no way to record at half speed). The video track is recorded at normal speed, but the music she is dancing to in real time is slowed down before she records the dance moves, so she has an audible reference. Then, she accelerates her video track by the same rate in post, and it restores the audio to it's proper rate. Probably the same thing you are referencing, just saying it differently.
    Yeah, I meant the audio was at half speed at recording.