Thread: TOP 20 Waiver Picks - 2007

TOP 20 Waiver Picks - 2007

I got curious as to what the best waiver pickups were this season. The following list is compiled by comparing those players who ended up the regular season with the highest point totals, and cross referenced back to the original draft. Those with the highest point totals NOT appearing on that players draft roster were obviously picked up off waivers (except for only two trades that occurred during the season). Quarterbacks were not given consideration. Here's what shook out:

A few interesting things drop out of this list, namely that 7 out of the top ten point getters were return guys.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Not sure where you are getting your list from, but it's not exactly accurate.

Dante Hall should be on that list. He had 130 points and I picked him up off waviers (three times). Hall only played in something like 6 games and was dropped when he went on IR.

Also, Drew Brees was been on the waviers wire (twice). ditto Ben Roethlisberger and Derek Anderson (twice). I've also seen McNabb, Warner, Greise, and Garcia on waviers and they are all over 130 points.

A couple of Defense's have been on waviers that score higher then some of your list.

Colston should not be on your list using the critira you first set up because I organially drafted him and then dumped him after he had something like 10 points total after 5 games. He has done nice the second half of the season but he and Brees are who put me in a deep hole to begin the season.

I guess what I'm really saying is you list sucks

Hmmmm.....looks like you have a hard time reading the fine print. Put your bifocals back on and read where it explicitly says: "Quarterbacks were not given consideration."

This list is compiled from players currently under ownership. Which means that players that were at one time signed up to someone's team, then shitcanned, are not included.

What do you mean Colston doesn't qualify? Did I acquire him through a trade with you? No! Colston qualifies under my list because guess where I signed him up from? That's right.....the waivers -- where you left him....thanks by the way, he's fit the void left by Marvin Harrison quite nicely.

Whether a player started out the season in the waivers, or ended up there because of the impatience of a team owner it's all the same. You may also notice other players in the top 20 that started out drafted on someone's team, then shitcanned and picked up by someone else (Roddy White, Lendale White, Brandon Marshall, etc)

I still see a few errors in your list and I'm really only familiar with players who have crossed my path. But it doesn't surprise me that return men are at the top of the list since Yahoo doesn't include their yards when drafting and we do.

A couple of players like Ginn and Hester were picked up immediately after the auto draft and probably shouldn't be on the list as they were "drafted" in my book, or picked up immediately after the auto draft by those who knew a little football and would have been drafted if our draft had of went off as planned.

Here are a couple of big players that were selected immediately after the auto draft and before the season began.

Devin Hester
    Ted Ginn Jr.
    Dante Hall
    Wes Welker
    Brandon Jacobs
    Willis McGahee

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Here are a couple of big players that were selected immediately after the auto draft and before the season began.

Devin Hester
    Ted Ginn Jr.
    Dante Hall
    Wes Welker
    Brandon Jacobs
    Willis McGahee

True, although Brandon Jacobs was drafted by GitRDone, and McGahee was drafted by the Strippers.

Regardless, I think you and I are the only FF nerds who really care.

I'm surprised the Strippers have remained silent about this. That guy is a waiver junky. Some of his best players are waiver pick ups. (Chester Taylor, Steven Jackson, Leon Washington, etc). It's probably one reason why he's in 2nd place.

Or he's in second place becuase I couldn't make it past all 9 people in the waiver order to get my hands on any of them. I tried for Jacobs, Jackson, a bunch of them but oh well, playoffs are here and it's time to have your team show up or go home. I like the stats.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

What I did notice.... is out of the 5 teams that used waviers and FA's the most 4 of them are in the playoffs....

What I did notice.... is out of the 5 teams that used waviers and FA's the most 4 of them are in the playoffs....
    YES -- which was my point for posting those stats. I think if Big Balls would've used a powerhouse returner instead of P Crayton (or any of his other mediocre WRs) all of the time, he'd be sitting pretty right now.

WR's are all over the board.... 25 points one week, 5 the next... the return guys are a lot more predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin

Devin Hester
    Ted Ginn Jr.
    Dante Hall
    Wes Welker
    Brandon Jacobs
    Willis McGahee

True, although Brandon Jacobs was drafted by GitRDone, and McGahee was drafted by the Strippers.

Regardless, I think you and I are the only FF nerds who really care.

I'm surprised the Strippers have remained silent about this. That guy is a waiver junky. Some of his best players are waiver pick ups. (Chester Taylor, Steven Jackson, Leon Washington, etc). It's probably one reason why he's in 2nd place.
    Been super busy. I've managed a few good waiver pick-ups. I'm always surprised when i actually get the person i'm going for since their pretty good pick-ups and i'm surprised others don't get them with a better waiver priority. Chester was a gamble, who knew he'd go as well as he has. Leon I picked up wuickly but actually dropped him on accident one week when i had a bye. I was surprised he was still available the next week.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Yeah.... I knew Live2Ride was just being a big whine ass about the wavier order.... because I saw Leon W on the FA list for a long time. I thought about picking him up several times but I just didn't need him. RB's have been my strong point all season.

BTW. . .the return yards are for pussies. If it was my call, I wouldn't have them next year, it's garbage time.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    BTW. . .the return yards are for pussies. If it was my call, I wouldn't have them next year, it's garbage time.
    Completely disagree. Adds an enormous amount of flexibilty and talent pool. Their play is spotty and risky yet can br more rewarding than the typical receiver. I like it.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

My vote for rules next year is that we go back to the 2006 rules with the following exceptions....

1. We keep return yards.
    2. We keep the wavier order where bottom feeders get first crack.
    3. We keep 5 bounus points for 300 yards passing and 100 yards, running/recieving/return.

My vote for rules next year is that we go back to the 2006 rules with the following exceptions....

1. We keep return yards.
    2. We keep the wavier order where bottom feeders get first crack.
    3. We keep 5 bounus points for 300 yards passing and 100 yards, running/recieving/return.

agree!

Gettin interesting. Ice could pull off a major upset -- two of Beaner's players that should have produced 21 points together have only produced 4. This together with the fact that Brady is playing in the wind and snow today, and there is real possibility of an upset in the works.