Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Personal flying jet packs on the way

Personal flying jet packs on the way

Sweet... I've been waiting over 40 years for this bad boy to hit the market. I'm going to hurry down and buy me some silver v-neck sweaters to wear while flying around...

Personal flying jet packs

FUTURISTIC jet packs could be sold to the masses as early as next year, with a company already taking orders for "personal flying machines".

Jet Pack International in the US is planning to release a $226,060 jet pack next year which could travel 16km without refuelling, the Fortune Small Business magazine reported.

Pre-orders for the T-73 Turbine Jet Pack were being taken by the company, who would also teach buyers how to fly them.

Company chief executive Troy Widgery told the magazine that the joy of flying should not just be experienced by stuntman.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sign me up.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Guess we'll be seeing "Super Dell" (Schanze) flying around in this next while buzzing the interstate. He'll be able to get up even more close and personal with this device.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313
    Guess we'll be seeing "Super Dell" (Schanze) flying around in this next while buzzing the interstate. He'll be able to get up even more close and personal with this device.

Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313
    Yuppers!

this would solve to problem of "soil degradation" while hiking. Just strap on your jetpack and see what mother nature has to offer without getting your expensive loafers dirty.
    The man thong is wrong.

People, please. Inventors and/or snake oil salesmen have promised these since the 1950s. Never gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron
    People, please. Inventors and/or snake oil salesmen have promised these since the 1950s. Never gonna happen.
    We'll just see who is laughing when I fly over your house while wearing my jet pack and peeing....

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    We'll just see who is laughing when I fly over your house while wearing my jet pack and peeing....

With a couple extra beers, you could probably pee on his house without a jet pack.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Let

I don't think Al Gore will give that thing a Green Stamp approval

wow. That looks awesome! I wish it were 255 times less expensive.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Hate to say it Barron, but I think you're wrong. Most of the technology available today has been labeled as impossible even during recent history. Let's look at cars... A couple companies are coming out with cars that run SOLELY on water. Not something people would have believed possible just even a couple years ago. Computer processors are so far advanced that almost any severly outdated processor completes more cycles in a single second than the human heart could ever hope to beat in its lifetime. And that not even all... Right now, people are excited about 2, 4, 8 core processors. Most people don't know that Intel already has an 80 core processor that they are playing with and are considering putting in the next Xbox... 80. Sorry... getting off topic, but the point is to never say never. It may not be soon in coming, but I have every confidence that one of these days, somebody will figure it out and it WILL be available to people.

As a pilot, I can say with some confidence that the problem isn't one of technology, but of crowding the skies with untrained idiots moving at high speeds, carrying fuel on their backs. The FAA is still in charge of the skies, and there is no way they are going to let this happen. Too dangerous.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm a full believer that the way things are, it would be suicide to mass produce these things. I think that if somebody wanted to use one, they would have to go through some extensive training and not just what the manufacturer think is appropriate. Aside from that, I don't know how the FAA would work it out, but with enough push and shove, I think they would EVENTUALLY come up with something.

No more hiking to the secret spot, just blast down with your fishing gear that would be cool.
    Eat it you dirty little fish!

Where the hell would you carry all your stuff with this things....Oh I gues some passengers would have a larger trunk for all there junk!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

I can say with some confidence that the problem isn't one of technology, but of crowding the skies with untrained idiots moving at high speeds, carrying fuel on their backs.
    And this differs from the motorcycle industry selling bullet bikes to idiots how?

The numbers for a Suzuki GSX1300R off the showroom floor......
    1/4 mile: 10.02 seconds @ 143.7 mph
    Top speed: 189.6 mph

Just sayin' safety is never a big issue where idiots are concerned.... and speaking of the FAA controlling the skies. I live near the point of the mountain hang gliding park.... and I'm pretty sure I watch those idiots violate several dozen rules every night.

Plus, with all the people flying jet packs Youtube will have alot more cool videos to watch of cool crashes.
    The man thong is wrong.