Thread: Your trail picks for 2008?

Your trail picks for 2008?

What are some trails you'd like to hit for 2008? Trails that you haven't been on yet...

One of mine is Thunder Mountain. I've been trying to hit it for over 3 years now, just can't line it up.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I wouldn't mind going back to Fruita, and get a better look at some of that stuff. Lot of the road 18 stuff looks good, and we only got a few rides in this October.

Beech I also want to hit thunder mountain.
    -Sun Valley trails
    -Mid mountian trail in Park city
    -various other PC trails
    -Fruita

Trails up in the area of Greyhair biker.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

don't hate me..

Call me stupid, but I really don't know anything about thunder mountain. Where is it? What kind of trail is it? I'll hit Fruita too, I've never had the chance to do it.

Id like to do Thunder Mt. too - never got near it though. Fruita is a must do, although Ive only had time on a drive by to drive up 18 Road to the trailhead for the BookCliff trails to be sure I could find it. The south side of I-70...Mary's Loop area...Ive never been up to. I picked up the trail guide from Over the Edge bikeshop but that is as far as I got. Gotta do it in 08

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Id like to do Thunder Mt. too - never got near it though. Fruita is a must do, although Ive only had time on a drive by to drive up 18 Road to the trailhead for the BookCliff trails to be sure I could find it. The south side of I-70...Mary's Loop area...Ive never been up to. I picked up the trail guide from Over the Edge bikeshop but that is as far as I got. Gotta do it in 08
    Sounds like I hear a UUTAH fruita trip in the future, I am in.............

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Re: don't hate me..

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyLover
    Call me stupid, but I really don't know anything about thunder mountain. Where is it? What kind of trail is it?
    It's down by Bryce Canyon. Here are some photos:
    http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6683

I've been trying to get to Rainbow rim (runs along the north rim of the Grand Canyon) for a couple of years now. Hopefully this will be the year!

Otherwise, just looking for more out of the way off the radar type of stuff that most folks don't do.

I would like to hit some big rides next year, Virgin Rim from start to finish, White Rim or Kokopelli trail would be good. I am going to spend more time in Park City above 24/7 and finally do the Big Mountain loop.

Yep, I think the Fruita area jumps to the number one spot for me. The other ride would be the LaSal/Upper Porcupine/Kokepelli section in Moab. I rode Porcupine Rim a couple of times this year after a long layoff and have become addicted - again. It might be time to invest in a longer travel bike, any suggestions?
    I'm hungry let's get a taco.

new bike suggestion

Hey Mach! what do you ride now? The Cannondale Prophet with a Lefty would be my first choice for a fun long travel bike. It's solid and can stand up to almost anything you dare to do. I'm into the bikes with 4" travel and less for racing, but I'd like to add a long travel bike to my quiver also. If you're looking for a very pedal worthy 5" bike, the FELT Virtue is an excellent option. I would classify it as a long travel XC bike instead of an ALL-Mountain bike because of it's excellent pedaling capabilities. Maybe even a Titus Motolite. It's a 5" bike also. If you're looking for a bigger hit bike and still want to pedal it, the Santa Cruz Nomad is a killer bike! It's easily classified as an ALL-Mountain/Freeride bike.

Lefty those are some good suggestions, the Titus and the Nomad are on the list. I wasn't thinking about the Prophet but it sounds like it might be worth a test ride. Right now I ride a Intense Tracer. It has been an excellent trail bike and is certainly enough for most of the trails around SLC. The top contenders for the new ride are currently: Turner RFX or 5 Spot, Knolly Endorphin, Transition Covert, SC Nomad.
    I'm hungry let's get a taco.

kokopelli from the LaSal mountains down to the bottom of P-Rim

Lots of trails in St. George I've never done.

Maybe branch out to neighboring states; perhaps hit up Sedona, AZ or Durango, CO.

I just want to ride more and have a good season - no injuries!

Thunder Mountain is one of my favorite trails, although, I've only done it once, like 3 or 4 years ago, so it is definitely on my list to get to again this year - that and Virgin River Rim trail (really love love that trail) and the Brian Head trails. We did these three in one weekend, and I would like to do that again in '08.

I'd also like to get back up to Sun Valley, and I'd like to play more in PC on the Mid mountain trail.

Really, I'd just like to ride more, at least twice a week. We'll see!!

Tree.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger

Thunder Mountain is one of my favorite trails, although, I've only done it once, like 3 or 4 years ago, so it is definitely on my list to get to again this year - that and Virgin River Rim trail (really love love that trail) and the Brian Head trails. We did these three in one weekend, and I would like to do that again in '08.

I'd also like to get back up to Sun Valley, and I'd like to play more in PC on the Mid mountain trail.

Tree.
    Hey, I just picked up a map of the Mid Mountain system as well as the rest of the Park City area from the Pearl Izumi factory shop. Gotta do these!

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger

Tree.
    Hey, I just picked up a map of the Mid Mountain system as well as the rest of the Park City area from the Pearl Izumi factory shop. Gotta do these!
    I wonder if that's the same map I got at the bike shop - it's a great map, but a little confusing. I'd like a more comprehensive one. We should definitely get out this summer and ride - the force was against me this year and I didnt get a chance to meet up with any of the rides!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

It has to be the same map, I haven't seen any others...except for a USGS quad map and I'll have one of those before spring too
    The ride is ON Tree! I'm already there!

It has to be the same map, I haven't seen any others...except for a USGS quad map and I'll have one of those before spring too
    The ride is ON Tree! I'm already there!